// NPC Runecrafting Runners and Trace Metals //

NukeMarine

**From my posting in the High Level Content Sticky on Official forums**

~~NPC Runecrafting Runners~~

At 75+ runecrafting, the cosmic, nature and law altars have an NPC standing outside that you're then able to see. This NPC will unnote your pure essence for a price.

Cosmic - 114 gp per noted pure essence

Nature - 450 gp per noted pure essence

Laws - 300 gp per noted pure essence

Sorry, had to increase price on cosmics and nats due to fact players can make doubles plus it recreates player prices. The prices the runner charges are based off the Rune price at Ali Morrisane.

Benefits - Duplicates the role that low level players fill, however this creates a moneysink that's desperately needed to counteract all those natures coming into the game. Let's face it, runners and the law world were not considered when runecrafting was developed. This just is a reaction to a player created phenomenom

Due to the uselessness of Death and Chaos Runners I didn't list those. However, nothing wrong including NPC runners at those altars.

Chaos - 225 per

Death - 225 per (perhaps the dwarf is the NPC?)

NPC Runners could be activated via a quest. Could be a slayer type set-up where NPC runner only at specific altar random times of the day. I think it's in Jagex's interest to seriously consider this idea. The Butler in the POH is already a version of this.

Even with these, players will not expect faster than 45k experience per hour.

Possible level activation:

Cosmic - 75 rc

Chaos - 80 rc

Nats - 84 rc

Law - 87 rc

Death - 89 rc

Bloods - 91 rc (when released)

Souls - 93 rc (when released)

~~~Trace Metals~~~

Theory: Rocks can randomly have trace metals of higher type ore. Players have a small chance of retrieving that trace metal while mining.

Prospect a Rock, it gives the conditions of the Rock such as:

"This rock contains IRON" - only iron

"This rock contains IRON with traces of MITHRIL" - Iron with chance of getting mithril

"This rock contains ADAMANT with traces of RUNITE" - Adamant with chance of getting runite

"This rock contains traces of RUNITE but inaccesible at this time" - This rock had recently been mined of its main metal ore, the trace ore remains but cannot be mined until the main ore respawns.

The chance is determined by Jagex of getting the purer metal ore. Still, I think it's based on the main type of rock. Say getting runite is 1 in 10 from an Adamant rock, 1 in 20 from mithril and 1 in 300 from iron. To even be able to get the purer metal, you must have the mining level. The idea is the time it takes to get the trace metal replicates the difficulty of getting the metal.

NOW THE COOL PARTS

1. You don't know if the rock has traces of a purer metal UNLESS you prospect it (you can still accidently mine it so long as you have the mining level though).

2. You won't know the rock has traces of metal UNLESS you have the mining level for that trace.

Here's a discussion part: should the trace metal goto another random rock once it's mined? Should trace metal be assigned to predetermined rocks. I like the former better so

3. Once you get the trace metal, it randomly goes to another rock (preferably in the same area). This forces use of prospecting to ensure you're always going after the best rock.

With this in play, Jagex can introduce higher level ores to be used in making higher level armor (via that nifty combo-skill idea).

For that, the ability to retrieve trace metals can require other skills to be a certain level.

In addition, it spreads out mining. It gives runite miners something others than 5 rocks to depend on. Heck, Jagex may need to get rid of the runite rocks altogether.

Plus, this incorporates the prospecting portion of mining that NO ONE uses outside of first playing. I like this as the only ones that'll know a GOOD trace metal is in that rock is the player that's capable of mining it. How neat is that?

Anyone care to expand on this? This sounds like a winning idea.

For example: Trace metal such as runite can be placed in big mining areas. The hobgoblin mine has 3 trace respawns for runite. The dwarven mine may have 1 trace respawn. The haunted mine has 2 in the bottom cave. In addition, it has adament trace amounts in the various mithril and iron deposits.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

No...why cant you do it the way it is now? Ooo it takes too long, ooo slow exp. Well dont train the bloody skill if you think its hard. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm only responding to the trace metals idea. I like it it would make minning way more intersting. I like most of your idea regarding it including you must have a high enough lvl to recive that ore. The odds would have to be lowered however, ecspecialy for runite.

Overall I like it a lot.

I dont even runecraft much and i can see this catching on very nice idea. :shock:

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Plus, as any that have dealt with player runners can say, using runners is still slow compared to other skills.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

Excellent idea, all of your threads seem to be rather well thought out.

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

That's a fantastic idea about NPC ess runners. As you pointed out, Jagex does seem to be trying to reduce the usefulness of low-level drones who are exploited by rich high-level players. Thus reducing exploitation.

Another example is MTK, where common raw materials are "collected" by npcs instead of exploiting low level players.

The precedent is set for your suggestion - I hope it gets noticed. Post back here if Craddock gives you any feedback.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

paying the NPC will prevent any serious inflation... yew and bs prices might rise as a result but probably not significantly due to lvl restrictions... mass training on deaths + chaos might cause fury prices to plummet... and rcers will complain that lvling is easier now... and one of the best sources of cash to go from rags to riches might be killed in the process...

i dont really see any MAJOR impacts on the market other than the possible killing of a skiller's cash source <_<

to top things off... i have a suspicion that it wont really kill off the problem of the mindless drones... wont ppl just pay them to mine pure ess instead? rs will always have mindless drones, i dont think there is a way we can really solve that :(

it's a good concept but i think it needs a few [racist term]s worked out =s

the mining thing definitely seems interesting but i dont really see the point in it... it might spice things up, but only a tiny bit, i dont really see the point :-k

grand99-3-1.png

good idea :) :thumbsup:

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

The trace metal idea certainly adds a bit of a twist to mining, increasing game content and breaking some of the monotony; so I support. I don't like the sound of NPC runners, however; as remember, Runecrafting was supposed to be a secret Skill known only to a few.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Looks like people are quite enthusiastic with the "trace metal" idea, but not so with the Runecrafting idea. Well, you still have much to be proud of~ ^_^

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Just depends on who sees it. Posting in the high level content probably enhanced its visibility over a standard post in suggestions that dies in 10 hours. I'm just not able to be on to upkeep a suggestion like that.

The trace metal probably works because Jagex already has the concept in play with gems. The potential feasibility is apparent immediately.

The NPC idea, well, it would mean Jagex acknowledging a player exploit. I argue they've already done that with the butlers so this is an extension of that. Sure, it just means you'll get player runners that will charge less. However, I think many will prefer NPC runners for the convenience. Anyone that's dealt with noob runners (the begging, talkative type) probably will like a computer character instead.

PS: Anyone here want to wager that the 99 skill cap will be removed next year?

nukemarine.png

• 2 weeks later...