How do you "try your hardest" at school?

hipyhop00

Well i got my final report my school today after signing out and this year i thought id go well but i opened it and.. dissapointment.

Everyone knows how school reports work, you get ticks in boxes for how well your going in each topic, a mark, your rank in the year and a tick the boxes thing for effort. And if you tried alot and maybe not got good marks but tried your hardest you get a gold sticker on the front.

What marks do you get and how much of an effort do you make?

Mine:

subject mark rank application

Chemistry 73% 34/65 Satisfactory

Maths 85% 13/78 Satisfactory

Automotive 74% 13/16 Satisfactory

Physics 78% 19/51 Satisfactory

English 47% 51/47 Inconsistant

And this is my bookshelf, all my books not the ones school give you, all of them read and questions and old exams done.

scuk5.th.jpg

How much do you have to do to be considdered a good student when you get these marks, done that much work, get high grades and then told your not doing enugh when others get "excellent" for failing subjects and getting lower marks just because they "tried"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't work at all. I only care about getting better at basketball. I spend my live either on my computer or working out because I only care about making my body look better for the girls here. I am of above average intelligence, though I hang out with the popular crowd, and I stoop to their stupidity. I am pretty popular, though I do stray away and talk to some of the "loners" or whatever you want to call them.

I just spend my life being self concious and trying new ways to make my muscles bigger because I am the typical human being who only cares about having someone to lust for. No I do not take steroids ( :x )

I know how to do everything in the work that we get, it is just a complete waste of my time. I often wear shorts because I believe the my hip bones stick out too much which makes me feel awkward in pants. I do keep myself in near the best physical shape in our school just because I am that self concious and I like feeling great about myself. I am the sort of lean muscular person, I'm not all super buffed out or anything. I am 14 years of age, 150 pounds, 5'8. I have specific shirts I wear to show off my body actually, my ego is fairly high, though I don't care much what people think of me that aren't in my group of people that I socialize with or try to flirt with (Women).

My grades are almost all "F's"

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

I don't. I procrastinate.

To me its not what you learn, its what you need to learn.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

i quit school because you do not learn much that you need for a job in life.

im an apprentice carpenter and my I.Q is 144 (44 higher then average) and yea, school was just 2 boring / a waste of time to me so i went out got a job and make cash irl

99wcsigpk9.jpg

Started new account: flipflop v2

i quit school because you do not learn much that you need for a job in life.

im an apprentice carpenter and my I.Q is 144 (44 higher then average) and yea, school was just 2 boring / a waste of time to me so i went out got a job and make cash irl

And you make $5k into $75k on the stock markets, as well as making $2-$5k a week with poker.

BenBru

That's interesting, that's almost my life at your age except football instead of basketball. :) Though I don't spend that much time 'impressing' people nor did I at that age. I also started going to the gym 2 years later than you did (if you started just now) so you have a good headstart.

Yes but since I was so around 12 years old when I first started working out (Some say that is far too young) It didn't really do much because my body just could not gain more muscle. It took me until 14 years old (I'm almost 15 now) To really start gaining muscle when I worked out. So if I had a couple years headstart it really didnt do much for me exept to assure that I was in good shape when my body finally let me gain muscle.

I still cant wait until I'm 16 or so because I am quite anxious to see what my body will look like then.

srequest2me.jpg

Yeah im the same way 136 IQ finish all the work for a 75 minute period in 10 minutes and have to sit there for the rest of the lesson. These are the same marks that ive gotten for 6 years and on a day that i do study its more than i did in my entire life. I coudent care less about the marks im juso st annoyed that for 6 years i beat lots of other people yet they have gotten a gold sticker saying excellent report. Theres nothing wrong with my marks its just so unbeleivably unfair that i shouldent get more than satisfactory after studing for 30 hours a week.

And i dont study for marks i study coz i want to

I've never really done it, but trying one's hardest at school is keeping working even when one has got bored of the work, paying attention all the time instead of talking to friends, and doing one's homework -- long before it has to be handed in. It's something most people just can't do because their attention span isn't long enough. I can't do it myself, really. It's something one can work at, though.

I don't work at all. I only care about getting better at basketball. I spend my live either on my computer or working out because I only care about making my body look better for the girls here. I am of above average intelligence, though I hang out with the popular crowd, and I stoop to their stupidity. I am pretty popular, though I do stray away and talk to some of the "loners" or whatever you want to call them.

I just spend my life being self concious and trying new ways to make my muscles bigger because I am the typical human being who only cares about having someone to lust for. No I do not take steroids ( :x )

I know how to do everything in the work that we get, it is just a complete waste of my time. I often wear shorts because I believe the my hip bones stick out too much which makes me feel awkward in pants. I do keep myself in near the best physical shape in our school just because I am that self concious and I like feeling great about myself. I am the sort of lean muscular person, I'm not all super buffed out or anything. I am 14 years of age, 150 pounds, 5'8. I have specific shirts I wear to show off my body actually, my ego is fairly high, though I don't care much what people think of me that aren't in my group of people that I socialize with or try to flirt with (Women).

Lol.

It would be wise of you to get off the moron-train when you get to highschool next year. You'll be bagging groceries for your entire life if you do not.

I say this, of course, out of care, not out of making fun of you. I didn't try at all in school (I still got a B-ish average) because I was more concerned with making people laugh and dating girls. Now, I'm paying for it. I always said I would NEVER go to college, but when you get out of HS, you realize that you really need to. So now, knowing that, I have to go to a community college first to study math and science and stuff before I go to an actual University, because if I don't, I'll flunk out and it'll be a waste of time. I decided to go to college 2 years later than everyone else, too, so I'll be 4 years behind. But that's okay.

So yea, try harder in school next year. Well, I'd say start this year, but it'll obviously take you some time to get it through your head. Worse yet, you probably will not heed my warnings. Those girls you show off for - you'll never see them again in your life in 4 years. Basketball? Unless you're SUPER GOOD (you're probably not, no offense, I'm sure you're good, but only 1 in every 50,000 people ever go to the pro's), you shouldn't worry much about it. Also, in order to get to the pro's, you have to go to college. If you fail consistently, you won't be going to either. Ignore for a second that there are a few basketball players who were drafted out of highschool...Like I said, they were super good. Most people are not.

Trust me, if you listen to my warnings, you'll thank me several years from now. Being "behind" sucks, and currently, you're much further "behind" than I even was.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Just wow people, wow.

All that I do is:

A: Do my homework when I get home from school, and do it well. THEN I allow myself to do something else.

B: Study for any non-math test when necessary. (I don't study for math/physics tests...I do better if I don't study for them actually) The only catch is that you have to know *how* to study, which some people never taught themselves how to do.

C: The only point that you can't ensure that you have: you have to have some book smarts. I'm by no means extremely intelligent, but through doing a few simple things like this I'm ranked 5/209 people. My homework load a night (lately) has only been maybe 2 hours a night. Not too bad a trade-off imo.

There you go, recipe for success.

Also, on the side, I don't do any of that body building stuff or what not. If you want to do something that matters, go out and run! Cardio health will stick with you throughout your entire life, whereas your muscles won't. I run long distance track and cross country...

The other thing is that my priority isn't inflating my ego. :\

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Well, my report card works much different, I get grades A-E. Excluding math my grades are all A's and B's. I usually never worry about tests, and usually never study, and just rely on what I remember from lectures. And the most important part is to do your work, so I do that. And I also become friends with all my teachers, in some cases, that can equal better grades. Also, class participation is another key.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Same :|

That's inevitable. :(

Anyway, even thought I procastinate I still manage to get good grades. My worries are only at the 'am I really learning or just getting good grades?' thing.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Lol.

It would be wise of you to get off the moron-train when you get to highschool next year. You'll be bagging groceries for your entire life if you do not.

I say this, of course, out of care, not out of making fun of you. I didn't try at all in school (I still got a B-ish average) because I was more concerned with making people laugh and dating girls. Now, I'm paying for it. I always said I would NEVER go to college, but when you get out of HS, you realize that you really need to. So now, knowing that, I have to go to a community college first to study math and science and stuff before I go to an actual University, because if I don't, I'll flunk out and it'll be a waste of time. I decided to go to college 2 years later than everyone else, too, so I'll be 4 years behind. But that's okay.

So yea, try harder in school next year. Well, I'd say start this year, but it'll obviously take you some time to get it through your head. Worse yet, you probably will not heed my warnings. Those girls you show off for - you'll never see them again in your life in 4 years. Basketball? Unless you're SUPER GOOD (you're probably not, no offense, I'm sure you're good, but only 1 in every 50,000 people ever go to the pro's), you shouldn't worry much about it. Also, in order to get to the pro's, you have to go to college. If you fail consistently, you won't be going to either. Ignore for a second that there are a few basketball players who were drafted out of highschool...Like I said, they were super good. Most people are not.

Trust me, if you listen to my warnings, you'll thank me several years from now. Being "behind" sucks, and currently, you're much further "behind" than I even was.

Yes well the upside to that is that this is only my first year in highschool, so I have time to work things through. I'm really just missing the motivation. As far as basketball goes, I am pretty good, but being 5'8, I realize that to be anything special, you need to be atleast six foot, and you have to dedicate your whole life to it before you even reach that height. Its really an all or nothing chance with that, so I don't devote my whole life to basketball. Also if you didn't know, the NBA also banned the league from drafting people straight out of highschool now, you have to play atleast one year of college.

You don't have to tell me that being behind sucks, I know it. There HAS to be ways to make good money without spending your entire life going to college, getting some degree and then spending your life just working like a robot. How fun is that? I'm looking to pick up some sort of obsqure job along the way in my life. I've been a slacker in school since 4th grade, I don't really expect to change. If I wanted to, I could easily average honor roll in my school, it is far too easy, simply just a waste of my time. I don't want to be in that chain of people who do the same thing - Go to college, get a job, work for the rest of their lives with a wife and two kids. I'll find my way along, you say it as if if I don't go to college my life is ruined, when you'll find that you are false.

srequest2me.jpg

For most people, if you don't go to college, yes, your life WILL suck. And it's only getting worse with health care costs rising and the fact that not a single one of us will ever see a penny from social security, because Bush drained the funds on his petty war.

It's cool that you don't want to work like a drone - I don't either, who DOES? - but you need education to fall back on. For example, everyone I know tells me I should be a comedian. I'd like to, but I lack the motivation to go and do the whole "Hollywood" BS. That stuff would aggravate me. So I know that I need to go to college and plan on working for the rest of my life. Who knows? If I am truely destined, I could branch into comedy during college. Lots of comedians have done that. But I don't PLAN on it. I plan on working like a zombie for the rest of my life. That's how life works. You spend 8+ hours being a zombie, then you go home, eat, sleep and repeat.

You say "There HAS to be something you can do to make money without spending your life in college...", and you're right, there is a few things. Very few things. For instance, you could become a famous rapper! But that isn't going to happen...You could invent something! But you won't, because you didn't go to college...See what I'm getting at? The majority of people are forced into the work force. That's why it's called the work force. It isn't voluntary. Noone in their right mind WANTS to work.

And if you're already in your first year of highschool, then you DON'T have time to get your act together. Not much, anyways. Colleges look at your Sophmore year and up to see how well you did. As far as I know, they don't really take Freshman year into account, so you got another semester to start gettin' it together, or you'll end up regretting it. You don't understand NOW though why you'll regret it. I didn't either. Everyone tells you you'll regret not trying your best, and you blow them off, then when you're out of school working for $8.50 an hour pay-check to pay-check stuck in a dead-end job, you really, really hate yourself for not trying. (This isn't representative of my life; it's of my sisters, however. I was smart and I've stayed at home and plan on going to college...She struggles to make her payments and always will because it can't get better for her.)

I always try to give advice to people who think education isn't very important, because it is. I envy people who were able to realize this BEFORE they were done with highschool, but sadly, I wasn't one of them. My parents failed to stress the importance of it aswell. Afterall, my dad does fine for himself, and he didn't go to college...

...But then again, he works 10 hour days in 100 degree (or 0 degree, depending on the season) heat and cold all year round, and has developed Asthema, bad eye sight and bad hearing from the saw dust in his lungs, staring at Tyvek all day, and the non-stop noise from Saws and Nail guns, respectively. He's a general contractor, if you didn't get it by now, lol.

Just trying to help, but I completely understand that you don't think you need it. ;)

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

it is far too easy, simply just a waste of my time.

Wow I used to hate morons like you, when I was at school all I heard was "i'm actually really intelligent I just don't want to do the work". It's people like you that are going to end up cleaning my garbage up, you're not going to get anywhere with that attitude. Want to know why? Because you're really not that intelligent you're lazy and just need an excuse. But I suppose it helps you if you think you have a chance at life.

Wow I used to hate morons like you, when I was at school all I heard was "i'm actually really intelligent I just don't want to do the work". It's people like you that are going to end up cleaning my garbage up, you're not going to get anywhere with that attitude. Want to know why? Because you're really not that intelligent you're lazy and just need an excuse. But I suppose it helps you if you think you have a chance at life.

Word.

If I could go back to highschool (I *could* technically, but I'd feel dumb, thus community college then Uni is a better option :P) I would absolutely wtfpwn. Straight A's, surely. Like I said, I regret not trying my hardest in school, but I always got my work done and had a B-ish average, so it isn't too bad. I could have done so much better, though.

- Me!

Guest GhostRanger

There were a lot of people in my high school who were very intelligent and didn't try. Most of the kids who were top in the class didn't have the most impressive test scores.

Wow I used to hate morons like you

And usually morons tend to call each other names.

Because you're really not that intelligent you're lazy and just need an excuse. But I suppose it helps you if you think you have a chance at life.

That's true to some extent though. If you're smart, why not dedicate like 1 hour a day reading for exams so you can pass them? It's much more useful than playing some java game online.

To me its not what you learn, its what you need to learn.

Same. Well, not really. I usually finish my homework quickly, but homework that we can do over a few days, I do it on the last day. And I don't study for tests. Somehow, I still get high honor roll. (Straight A's)(And yes, I will start studying if I really need to.)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I guess I am smart and whatnot. I get great grades, but that is not my point.

My goal this year: STOP PROCRASTINATING. I can just see it ten years from now killing me. I always wait until the last minute to do a project or something. This has to stop.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!