Try and type without looking at the keyboard.

D3M0NX

I don't look at the keyboard and I do type the BBCode myself.

However, I do have to align myself with the keyboard when I first sit down, otherwise I'll end up being one key off to the side.

It feels good when you have not been looking at either the keyboard or the screen and you can still tell when you've made a mistake.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't look at the keyboard either and make very few mistakes. I don't write out my BBCode, I choose to click the Buttons!! \'

I write fairly fast though can get lazy at times and take my time. I learnt touch-typing myself and didn't use any of those programs which are out there.

I don't look at the keyboard and I do type the BBCode myself.

However, I do have to align myself with the keyboard when I first sit down, otherwise I'll end up being one key off to the side.

It feels good when you have not been looking at either the keyboard or the screen and you can still tell when you've made a mistake.

Quite so. I remember when I couldn't type without looking at the keyboard. I tried to learn to touch-type, but then I realised that that's just a bad way of doing it, and decided to just stop looking at the keyboard and type anyway. That seems to work. Typed without looking at screen or keyoard.

No! Fell at the last hurdle.

Umm .. if you look down at the keyboard and type that doesn't mean your smart. I don't notice whether I type with looking down. I varie from looking at the screen and looking down at my keyboard.

It's the year 2006 anf it is nearly two thousand and secen! I can't type number with my aeyes closed.

Not really mistakes I'd say, just accidently pressing more than one button at once.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Guess what, most of us are smart and dont need to look down to type. Your classified in the group of 10 years old...sucks to be you.

Get a new attitude mister. Heck, get intelligence mister.

Not everyone starts typing by the age of 6. Most kids I know don't really get into using the computer untill 11-12. And THEN they start learning to type. Well, type well atleast.

Idiot.

OT.

This is without looking at the keyboard. Though I am looking at the screem.

Bleh, I alwasy miss then N. <.<

"We'll bring the sexy back to judging >_>." --Nadril

Bleh, once I get off my lazy bum and go to Imageshack, there will be a picture here.

Well I have a theory. You have to LOOK at it once before you start typing. You can't just get blindfolded...and ask someone to put a keyboard infront of you. You have to get used to the configuration, and ithat takes a second :thumbsup:

I'm going to try to say "Runescape is a great game" by walking out of the room, and coming in back in... to type it without looking at the keyboard first.

here we go

runescape is a grewat mge

If you actually know how to use a keyboard than you can be completely blindfolded and have a keyboard placed in front of you and be able to use it just fine. See there's a little bump on the 'J' and 'F' keys, which mean that this is where your index fingers should be placed. Once you do this its simple to place your remaining fingers on the 'home keys' and boom there you go. I haven't looked at the keyboard for years.

supdarklinkel1.jpg

To be honest this kind of thread is pretty much redundant. People can just say "Oh yeah, I did it with a blindfold, juggling three balls while sitting on hot coals" and really, can you say that he didn't? No proof really.

I haven't looked at the keyboard either, it just takes a bit of practice.

And Bluelancer; I don't use the buttons either. :P So much slower to take my hands off of the mouse, move and click.

Guess what, most of us are smart and dont need to look down to type. Your classified in the group of 10 years old...sucks to be you.

FZTUX5BCYPZKRGD263O62BSGD33HUP7U-1.jpg

knkcopy.jpg

I'm trying right now to type without looking at the keyboard, I tried a wekk-long course in August. so I hope I'm doing well.

Haha, nothing wrong with learning. 8-) What I meant was this part of your post:

I did bad. How about you?

Am I the only person typing BBCode tags by hand and finding it faster than pressing the buttons?! Or am I just mad... I've been doing that since ages ago. I just did that with the above quote too, and the former underline.

You're not the only one.

I think it's faster not to click the buttons, when you don't have to move your hand to the mouse. Or something.

I posted this post without looking at the keyboard. Woohoo.

I've not looked at the keyboard in years now. A lot simpler to follow the words on the screen and adjust from there then to look back and forth.

Keyboards make everything easier. A lot of the time, I don't even use a mouse unless I absolutly have to.

~M

MPM, mind telling me what you signature is a record of?

Normally it would be a link I can click to, but it isn't.

"We'll bring the sexy back to judging >_>." --Nadril

Bleh, once I get off my lazy bum and go to Imageshack, there will be a picture here.

I will begin with typing this without looking at the keyboard right now. I agree that the BBcodes are annoying and I just type them in. My name is LGBR and I like pizza!

Wrote that whole thing and this current sentence without looking at keyboard even once

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

Get a new attitude mister. Heck, get intelligence mister.

Not everyone starts typing by the age of 6. Most kids I know don't really get into using the computer untill 11-12. And THEN they start learning to type. Well, type well atleast.

Idiot.

OT.

This is without looking at the keyboard. Though I am looking at the screem.

Bleh, I alwasy miss then N. <.<

Since when did i say anything about 6 year olds? and since most kids dont learn to type until 11-12 that proves my point that hes classified in the 10 year olds that have to look down to type. OMG! NO WAY!

siggd7.jpg

Since when did i say anything about 6 year olds? and since most kids dont learn to type until 11-12 that proves my point that hes classified in the 10 year olds that have to look down to type. OMG! NO WAY!

So adults who were around before computers just magically learn to type? I was typing since around 7/8 and could slowly touch-type by about 10/11 and then learnt to touch-type at 100wpm when I hit 13.

Just don't try to start a flame war, k? Makes you look like the fool.

knkcopy.jpg