As much as people want peace and hugs and kisses here

Faux

It's boring. Arguments are good because they generate discussion. There's nothing bad about some debate. The only bad part is when someone starts to take it personally (especially when they're 'losing') and bother you *outside* the thread involving that argument. Arguments should stay in that thread. But except for that, they're fine. Besides people in this forum would just pull crap from their [wagon] if they know no one is going to prove their [cabbage].

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG SHUT UP ARGUMNTS R DUM LOL

All forums need drama. Spice it up a little. :P

If everyone just agreed then posts would be pointless and threads would be a single post followed by X amount of "+1" or "Same". But arguments where it just randomly attempts to insult people are just stupid, especially when they involve Runescape in the insult: "Lol go play your level 10 you noob", to people who don't even play.

knkcopy.jpg

If everyone just agreed then posts would be pointless and threads would be a single post followed by X amount of "+1" or "Same". But arguments where it just randomly attempts to insult people are just stupid, especially when they involve Runescape in the insult: "Lol go play your level 10 you noob", to people who don't even play.

Go Eat Some Cheese NUB and go and get some fat on you!

Just kidding :-w

I would prefer that there be no arguments, just that thread's do something, like you said, other than +1's. When you say +1, post a unique comment beneath it!

That's what I do..I post a +1 if I'd like to, then I go and make a point that nobody else has made.

I'm attempting to not get in such as many fights in the future #-o :P

I agree, an argument between several people is often extremely entertaining, and I disagree with Shadow - I see no reason why arguments should be kept inside one thread AS LONG AS it is executed in a friendly, calm manner.

If everyone just agreed then posts would be pointless and threads would be a single post followed by X amount of "+1" or "Same".

You don't have to agree to avoid an argument. You can still state your own reasons, even if you disagree with a point or whatever, without it being followed by abuse and flaming.

I agree, an argument between several people is often extremely entertaining, and I disagree with Shadow - I see no reason why arguments should be kept inside one thread AS LONG AS it is executed in a friendly, calm manner.

If everyone just agreed then posts would be pointless and threads would be a single post followed by X amount of "+1" or "Same".

You don't have to agree to avoid an argument. You can still state your own reasons, even if you disagree with a point or whatever, without it being followed by abuse and flaming.

True, but most people see a comment and think "Oh yeah, I think exactly that.". It's why I try to reiterate my point more often than just saying "YEAH WHAT HE SAID"

knkcopy.jpg

If you disagree, you should argue/debate. That is kind of the point. You can state your reasons, but if you cannot defend them against someone who thinks differently no one cares about your opinion. Debate/argument ÃÆââââ¬Ã°Ãâà abuse and flaming.

Stop posting then lol

what?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

If you disagree, you should argue/debate. That is kind of the point. You can state your reasons, but if you cannot defend them against someone who thinks differently no one cares about your opinion.

Who says you can't state your reasons without flaming? Arguing and flaming don't walk hand in hand. I just don't understand why a point can't be made with reasons for your opinion, but without unnecessary criticisms and flaming.

Then it ruins the other threads... And usually, the only reason it spreads is because someone takes it personally and gets offended making things even worse. I'm not sure how long you've been here, but when that happens,i it sure as hell isn't in a 'calm manner'

Stop posting then lol

what?

PM me the details lol

He's gone? For what?

He quit TIF. I aint explainin.

Probably 'cause he can't win any arguments about Christianity.

On snap. I went there.

The only nice person tip.it has is Mad4u. True story. I'm pretty sure that if she were to call you a turd sammich, she would do it with a smile. I'm positive!

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I agree.

The only nice person tip.it has is Mad4u. True story. I'm pretty sure that if she were to call you a turd sammich, she would do it with a smile. I'm positive!

And Kayla

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Even if Christianity is false, he still dominates you in arguments. He's the one that doesn't lose his head, and he doesn't end up making his entire argument based on an appeal to emotion and ad hominem.

summerpngwy6.jpg

thats exactly my view :XD:

^ Oh snap, he just went there :P

Anyways, in the words of mad4u

Everybody hug and spread the love

She's like the Gandhi of Tip.it!

Except shes not really fighting for independence or anything. But other than that. :P

lope6jw0.jpg

If you think about it, the point of all arguments is to present evidence and make the other party agree with you. Ultimately, this means if everybody was rational, everybody would agree with everything in the end.

But that will never happen because some people like to cling onto their views (racism, intolerance, etc)

If you enter a debate, you must acknowledge if your beliefs aren't rational, they may be wrong and somebody may prove you wrong. (Not necessarily talking about religion or politics, but about anything)

I rarely have to admit to having false beliefs. Arrogant? No. I just don't go around shouting stupid stuff like "evolution is proven to be false", "lol bomb iraq with nukez" or "there is no spoon". I observe facts and if they contradict with my view, I'm willing to change my opinion, even dramatically. You should too.

I am against most of the arguements and debates on here, I don't mind people speaking their opinions, but attacking an entire belief system is going a little too far and thats how it always ends up, most of you are too immature to accept that people have other beliefs and go on with this constant "I'm right, your wrong" attitude and I'm personally sick of it, granted back in the day I was like that too, but thats something I would rather put behind me.

In these religious conflicts no one is more right than anyone else, unless you have undesputible proof that your belief is 100% correct and everyone else is wrong then these "debates" shouldn't be happening.

You're all welcome to post your beliefs and opinions but try not to attack everyone elses in the process.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

You're all welcome to post your beliefs and opinions but try not to attack everyone elses in the process.

While I agree with the rest of your post, I had to comment that. While nobody should attack other people's beliefs and belittle them, in a debate, you *should* ask others why they believe what they believe.

Because ultimately, no religion has an absolute majority of followers. Which means most people have totally different, say religious, views. Since nobody can be wrong or right, it's right to ask those people "why".

For that logical reason I also stay away from organised religion and just acknowledge any one of them could theoretically be "right", or maybe none of them is. And before you think I'm biased, I was actually baptised and grew up in a semi-religious childhood.

In these religious conflicts no one is more right than anyone else, unless you have undesputible proof that your belief is 100% correct and everyone else is wrong then these "debates" shouldn't be happening.

I like the religious debates because even though no one can prove the other person completely wrong, it gives me insight to other peoples beliefs and makes me think about why I believe what I do.

A lot of these debates do get out of hand though and turn in to flame wars. Not to mention that there has been a countless number of them.

lope6jw0.jpg

Yea, that was the only reason I kept reading on in this thread. But I still don't know it, darn it. Where is he gone, and why is he gone?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Even if Christianity is false, he still dominates you in arguments. He's the one that doesn't lose his head, and he doesn't end up making his entire argument based on an appeal to emotion and ad hominem.

I ran into him once, and i perceived him to be extraordinary hotheaded.

About discussions in general: I don't really enjoy those where everybody tries to prove they are right. Also i don't think you can argue rational at all, because for a conclusion you'll mostly need a set of values and you can't figure out values rationally. Basically i don't even think anymore that something like rationallity exists. At least you couldn't argue rational, because what rational reason do you have to engage in a discussion anyway? Something that annoys me incredible is, that some people try to take apart every word you said, instead of interpreting the message as a whole and try to figure out, what you meant with your post. Instead of interpolating the loopholes of a point of view, people often attack those, just to make the first person appear to be wrong. To me discussions aren't about who is right or wrong.