I am NOT fishing for TUNA!

a7xpure

Ugh.. I personally like fishing my own swordies to pk in f2p with, but i hate when i get an inventory of like..20 tuna and only 7 swordies!

So I thought, what if we could fish differently (style-wise) so we don't get tuna...

How about different styles of harpooning, one so you get only tuna (if you're powerfishing/training cooking), one so you get both tuna and swordies, and one where you only get swordies.

When you go to the water's edge, you'd click harpoon then a screen comes up and says:

Would you like to:

Easy stab - Tuna

Accurate stab - Tuna/swordfish

Aggressive stab - Swordfish

Of course, if you chose the swordfish only option, You'd fish them slower than you would with both tuna and swordies. (this way, we don't get faster exp)

That takes away a lot of the frustration, and we know that JAGeX loves to frustrate their players.

=P

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I like it, dont forget about sharks too!

what about:

Harpoon-can catch tuna and swordfish

Large Harpoon-can only catch tuna (before you say why large, have you seen how big tunas are?

Fine Harpoon-smaller and sharper only catches swordfish, some kind of quest needed and like lvl 60-70 fishing too

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

I think that's a good idea, and if it were to happen ( although knowing jaex i doubt it will :x ) there would probably be a much bigger market for swordies than there is now :XD:

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

I like it, dont forget about sharks too!

you don't catch anything if you're harpooning for sharks, other than sharks

O, ok sorry i didnt know. Anyways this is still a great idea!

We could make it have something to do with the barb-tailed harpoon...

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Barbtail was strictly made for being a harpoon able to be weilded (In my opinion)

I don't want to add another item, or make things complicated like a new quest (I'm not being lazy, I'm just saying.. I dislike making simple things complicated, like fishing :x)

Maybe a store that sells these "Fine and large harpoons", that Tomdavies90 said, in the fishing guild.

But have it that the guy who sells them will only talk to you if you are 72 fishing and cooking (just for a challenge), he'll also be stocked with swordfish and tuna, in decent amounts as well.

Barbtail was strictly made for being a harpoon able to be weilded (In my opinion)

I don't want to add another item, or make things complicated like a new quest (I'm not being lazy, I'm just saying.. I dislike making simple things complicated, like fishing :x)

Maybe a store that sells these "Fine and large harpoons", that Tomdavies90 said, in the fishing guild.

But have it that the guy who sells them will only talk to you if you are 72 fishing and cooking (just for a challenge), he'll also be stocked with swordfish and tuna, in decent amounts as well.

With those changes, I can't find anything wrong with it. Great idea, I support.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

if ur lookin 4 fishin exp then swordies and tuna r ok, and theres always use 4 tuna, 4 example, i hally troll generls 4 troll slayer tasks, i just bring the odd tuna incase i get hit, so easy and yet savin money, but on the otherhand full invent of swordies would be nice, i surport! :thumbsup:

Quest cape got at 25th july 2007! Did grim tales and mouring end 2 to get same day!

99/99 strength got at 30th september 2007

I don't really agree.

That's what makes Swordfish hard to get.

Else you can choose Salmons/Trouts aswell.

Experience will go to fast...

Not my vote...

or youll catch swordys at the same rate but you wont get tuna and the exp you would get for them...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I don't really agree.

That's what makes Swordfish hard to get.

Else you can choose Salmons/Trouts aswell.

Experience will go to fast...

Not my vote...

You should't be able to choose what you catch using a rod, there's no choice in what will bite. With a harpoon though, you would choose what you stab at, so it makes sense to be able to choose in game.

I like this idea.

untitled6kv7.gif

WOW! alot of support!

I almost forgot about this thread guys..sorry, thanks for keeping it on the first page with your support!

And to those who think the market for swordies/lobbies will go down/crash, that is why I suggested that full swordies will take longer to fish than tuna and swordies.

if it's that much of a problem, then the fisherman idea (that I posted in an earlier post) could be adjusted to that the harpoons can break after so long and we have to repair/buy a new one (But I'd rather not make this that complicated

I both agree AND disagree... Tuna can be useful for me and my F2P ways... When I want swordfish, I have to go all the way to Karamja... That costs me 30-60gp a trip. Therefore, I sell my tuna to the shop (post-cooking) to replenish my struggling coin pile.

I offer my support, either way, though like most topics, it will probably never happen.