10 Ways to Stop Racism

lawrencekill

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Affirmative action? That won't do any good...

Best way to forget racism is to forget race.

Some people are proud of their identity. Why deny them that? I'm proud of being Jewish, and I like being around Jewish culture. Pretending other identities don't exist and that we are all the same doesn't seem like the best solution to me...

Ah, but that's the difference between culture and race. Culture you can choose, but race you can't.

i have 1 way to stop racism:

forget about it

Indeed. People (blacks, hispanics, whoever) bring it upon themselves by playing the race card entirely too much. If something is racist, it'll be obvious. If it isn't, you shouldn't just play the race card "just because", 'cause it hurts society.

Also, diversity in school is becoming racist. They'll turn away white kids/adults from schools so they can get more blacks in to look good on paper. It's ridiculous.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Some people are proud of their identity. Why deny them that? I'm proud of being Jewish, and I like being around Jewish culture. Pretending other identities don't exist and that we are all the same doesn't seem like the best solution to me...

Ah, but that's the difference between culture and race. Culture you can choose, but race you can't.

but culture can behave like race when it stands out or is in the minority.

for example a muslim in israel (im not exactly shure but israel is mostly hebrew religions right?) is as much subject to prejudice (very similar to race) as racism

happiehour.jpeg

Race can lead to cultural identity. In fact, I'm sure that it often does. But you have to be careful about that:

In my dorm, we were having a holiday party, and the guy who was leading it is Jamaican. He asked if anyone knew anyone knew about any of the various holidays going on, and if they wanted to share a little bit about Chanuka, or Kwanza, or Christmas, etc :D One of the other students said, "Heh, I think you're the only one who can tell us about Kwanza." Because he's a good-natured guy, he just laughed and explained that he was Jamaican - even though he is black, he doesn't celebrate Kwanza, which is a largely cultural holiday of African-Americans.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Race can lead to cultural identity. In fact, I'm sure that it often does. But you have to be careful about that:

In my dorm, we were having a holiday party, and the guy who was leading it is Jamaican. He asked if anyone knew anyone knew about any of the various holidays going on, and if they wanted to share a little bit about Chanuka, or Kwanza, or Christmas, etc :D One of the other students said, "Heh, I think you're the only one who can tell us about Kwanza." Because he's a good-natured guy, he just laughed and explained that he was Jamaican - even though he is black, he doesn't celebrate Kwanza, which is a largely cultural holiday of African-Americans.

Reminds me of the Maddox april fools page where he depicts the stereotypical semi-racist teenager, seeing a black guy on a sidewalk and asks him if he will play jazz at his birthday party. People make too many assumptions :)

Wiping out everyone who isn't of one particular race would stop racism. It might itself be a racist action, but it would stop racism. At least, there wouldn't be anyone to act racist towards -- people could still hold bigoted oppinions about races that would no longer exist.

Nobody would be around to care though, as they'd all be dead :)

Do what Dave Chappelle does and make fun of it.

U can never get rid of rascism unless you have one single race.

Which will happen in the future by inter racial couples but that will

take a long time.So i think we should lessen the effect of it.

Chuck norris's beard hair grants you imortality

but then the razor sharp hair will rip holes in

your intestine's and you will die a painful death

As long as race is acknowledged as a type of categorization racism will exist. As long as we have programs to help 'promote diversity' and programs like affirmative action based on race, racism will still exist. It won't go away until we lose the concept of categorization by skin color.

Sadly, I think you're going to get racism is any multicultural society with free will. I'm not saying this is all a bad idea, just that you'll never completely eradicate it so long as people have freedom of thought.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Well, we can try communism. No ones going to be complaining about race in a communist country eh?

Well, it wouldn't last, communism never lasts...

But what about totalitarianism! Nope, wouldn't work, that's too much like communism.

No, I do not support communism and totalitarianism.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

The key to getting rid of racism is education (apologies if this has already been said). Still, even if schools arn't racist some parents will be and they will badly influence the children. I believe that racism will be very diminished by the end of the century, due to people actually being in contact with other races on an equal basis much more than in the past.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Well, we can try communism. No ones going to be complaining about race in a communist country eh?

Well, it wouldn't last, communism never lasts...

But what about totalitarianism! Nope, wouldn't work, that's too much like communism.

No, I do not support communism and totalitarianism.

i really, really like communism <3:.

to bad it will never work :(

happiehour.jpeg

How about we force everyone to have sex and then maybe in a few decades, we'll have watered down genetic lines! :o

Or if not, then we can always try genocide. :-k

---

Yes im being an idiot. Please ignore me. :-w

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

It won't stop. Ever. People are free to believe what they want, and if they hate a chosen race, it is sadly their choice.

It's the sad world we live in, and, quite fankly, get used to it.

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

You cant complete end racism, but one thing the government does to support it is having hate crimes, that just supports the fact that we are different

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

You cant complete end racism, but one thing the government does to support it is having hate crimes, that just supports the fact that we are different

I don't understand what you're saying.

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.