10 Ways to Stop Racism

lawrencekill

You cant complete end racism, but one thing the government does to support it is having hate crimes, that just supports the fact that we are different

I don't understand what you're saying.

A hate crime is basically a crime, but if you do it against someone who is not your race then your sentencing could be A LOT worse. All this does is seperate us into groups and supports the fact that we are all different

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant complete end racism, but one thing the government does to support it is having hate crimes, that just supports the fact that we are different

A hate crime is basically a crime, but if you do it against someone who is not your race then your sentencing could be A LOT worse. All this does is seperate us into groups and supports the fact that we are all different

Only hitch is that the prosocution needs to be able to prove that it was racialy motivated.

Oh, I agree. I just wasn't making the connection for some reason.

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

I have to do this project involving 10 ways to stop racism along with a picture to go along with it. I just need ideas, pictures are nice but I think I can draw a decent one by myself.

I got...

1. Laws against racism(unclear idea)

2. school diversity

3. Afirmative action

4. help people understand racism

I just put w/e I could think of up there.

Arg... Can't think of more my brain is melting, and it's too early.

Please don't think of something that's very complex to draw, as my art skills are lacking.

i wish there was no racism.. but ppl make mistakes, and one is racism and i dont think it will be solved any time soon. good idea, but i dont think it will work very well..

i hate racism, specially when its agsint me or against other ppl from my race.. (usually i think of that as being jewish, im part jewish)(but i hate racism no matter who its directed at)

siggy_abstract2.jpg

Racism is not the issue to be solved - its the matter of accepting differences in general that is the issue, as it applies to almost every form of hate including racism. Unfortunetly since the dawn of time people have been taught to hate, and discriminate because someone/something isn't accustomed to their lifestyle.

The only solution is for everyone to have a basic idea of equality, it was tried, theres 6 billion people on earth, and it failed. Hate has existed from the beginning to present time and will exist until all life is destroyed and Earth can start over again.

Formerly known as Kenny_734

RSN - 5_meo__dmt

racism wil never stop unless either:

1 evryone is dead

2 all europeans learn to go into health care, al africans learn to become mechanics, al asians learn to be economics etc. as a example so evryone must work together to get a good community

Affirmative action = reverse racism

I 100% agree. AA does nothing but discriminate in reverse. Not all black people are poor, and not all white people are rich. So making an assumption like AA (even though finance does come into play) is just immoral. They're basically telling the white trash that they don't get any AA, even though they too are poor.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

racism wil never stop unless either:

1 evryone is dead

2 all europeans learn to go into health care, al africans learn to become mechanics, al asians learn to be economics etc. as a example so evryone must work together to get a good community

2 was racist initself. As long as you're making any classification either good or bad about a race, you're encouraging the root of the problem: Categorization. My earlier comment seemed to be ignored, but it was the only one that I've ever seen offer a solution to racism. Of course in theory I think it'd work, but human nature likes to generalize and classify. That is - actually drop the acknowledgment of race. Stop categorizing. Nobody's black, nobody's white. We're just shades and hues. Until the world takes that viewpoint, racism will always exist, and programs to stop racism will mostly just add fuel to the fire because they all acknowledge race in the first place. In order to stop racism race must no longer be a word or idea.

Affirmative action = reverse racism

I 100% agree. AA does nothing but discriminate in reverse. Not all black people are poor, and not all white people are rich. So making an assumption like AA (even though finance does come into play) is just immoral. They're basically telling the white trash that they don't get any AA, even though they too are poor.

Not only that, but I know students who have been refused AA aid for being African American because they were white. Not all Africans are black.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

but u must understand that racism can go to far as well, for instance if a white man and a black man are both equally qualified and equally competent for the job who gets it?

the black man because he is black, or the white man because he is white?

they should roshambeu imo but thats a dif thing.

stuff like this though has gone to far when black people (or more often then not women) are chosen because of there race / sex because otherwise the company may b sued

99wcsigpk9.jpg

Started new account: flipflop v2

Well, we can try communism. No ones going to be complaining about race in a communist country eh?

Well, it wouldn't last, communism never lasts...

But what about totalitarianism! Nope, wouldn't work, that's too much like communism.

No, I do not support communism and totalitarianism.

off-topic..are you russian vik?

Racism is something that will probally always exist.

That is because certain people will always stereotype a differant race by calling them lazy or some demeaning thing.

So, my opinion is that you may not be able to get rid of racism

The ways I listed in my posts are good ACTUAL (not bs) ways to start combating racism. Of course it won't get rid of it completely, but it's a start. So I hope you (and others :D) read them over and think about it.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Racism will never ever stop....tell your teacher that....he can't fail you because its the truth and he knows it

...Wow, what kind of an idiot would do that.

The truth will not set you free. In some situations the truth is the best thing to tell, in others, it is best to hide it.

Oh and the teacher can fail me because...

a) I did not do the work or have anything to show for it.

B) That's not what people want to hear.

c) The teacher will be pissed off for smart talking.

As you can see, what you think is not what happens in the real world.

put the chinese back on the railroad tracks

but seriously, affirmative action is racism.

Yup, it is confirming that we are different and supporting the idea that some races do not perform as well as others and need help.

Oh and I still need more lol.

Im sorry if this has been sad i before, but 'Laws against racism'?? Thats ridiculous...

A kid calls a Welsh Person a sheep [word]... Will he get locked up? Bloody well not... There are so many forms of racism, based of predjudism, discrimination, cultural beliefs... Its impossible to punish them all.

One way to prevent racism, is to try and influence the youth generations, and hope that when they grow up, their influences will be passed on to those in the future.

One way to prevent racism, is to try and influence the youth generations, and hope that when they grow up, their influences will be passed on to those in the future.

exactly, we have to start teaching kids that racism is wrong and everyone is equal. Use propaganda if necessary. :lol:

Igonorance leads to racism.. and hate keeps it there.

To say that a creature is weaker or superior based on the reflection of light bounced off one's skin is nonsense.

There is FAR more worse things than racism in life, and they continue through free will. Racism is not something that can be cured as long as we have free will.. anyone may freely hate one another and be racist towards one another.

However, for future generations, to teach them its wrong.. your best way to show not to be racist, is to show that you are not different, you are both Humans, you are both flesh and blood. Your the same, united. Not Divided..

~Defender~[/b]

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Scan everyone's minds and if there is a trace of racism in their mind then kill them.

That's the only way I could think of and even that might not work.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.