Macroers.

starsteller

Today was the first time I ever tried woodcutting at Port Sarim willows. It's actually kind of a nice place, with a large space to build fires. There's just one problem: macroers. There's nothing to stop them there. Except randoms.

My ideas:

1 Stick a dark wizard there.(lvl 7)

2 Stick a level 2 aggressive monster there.

3 Stick a level 4 aggressive monster there.

Discuss. Rate. Suggest.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Why dark wizards? Well, I haven't seen a single macroer at Draynor for a while. They all went to Port Sarim.

And why do I think they were macroing? Well, if your username is "Large Watermelon" in Chinese (yes I can read chinese, or some chinese), "Flying High" in chinese (I think), or some random six letters, with some random numbers at the end, it is unlikely you're a skiller. Skillers have cool-ish names, not "Large Watermelon". And I asked "wc lvls?" 9 times and "woodcutting levels?" 4 times. And said hi! and hello! 3 times. And they were all wearing the exact same thing. Suspicious? I think so. And they were all level 3, to top it off. And...I saw randoms hit two of them...neither responded. And...only macroers bank willows in Port Sarim. It's actually faster to burn the willows.

EDIT: I meant the ones near the inn. Not the ones near the alter. The ones near the alter are pretty far from a bank...so leave those wizard-free. Rimmington willows...leave those wizard-free too. Never saw a macroer there. The ones between Lumbridge and Draynor (which I just discovered, was a great training place) can be wiz-free too. Why? Well, I'm going to assume that skillers raise all skills...including firemaking, while macroers just bank the logs to sell later. True skillers still bank, but it's not that far.

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

Already 2 lvl 7 dark wizards, mabe make them respawn in different locations so they cover the entire area?

Already 2 lvl 7 dark wizards, mabe make them respawn in different locations so they cover the entire area?

he was talking about the willows at the port not dynor there is nothing there i think a few dark wiz can do

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

If you stick aggressive monsters near every skilling location, the Skillers will whine.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

• 2 weeks later...

my friend used to take a rubber chicken, wear full white robes (members wizard robes) and say "(macroers name here) you are in need for a smacking!!" and 7 out of 10 macroers would log out, or run away, i found this very interesting, and i was wondering, why dont you pay somebody with a rubber chicken to do that? the macroers anti-random device will either make them run away, or log out, good luck with your problems...

and toxic, thats a shame, i dont even see the point in skillers, exept to waste time, you know you have a problem with runescape when you make an account that you use for nothing but raising 1 skill...

~ Hunter

Manatea3O5, the guy who posts replies without reading others

mr+manatea.png

my friend used to take a rubber chicken, wear full white robes (members wizard robes) and say "(macroers name here) you are in need for a smacking!!" and 7 out of 10 macroers would log out, or run away, i found this very interesting, and i was wondering, why dont you pay somebody with a rubber chicken to do that? the macroers anti-random device will either make them run away, or log out, good luck with your problems...

and toxic, thats a shame, i dont even see the point in skillers, exept to waste time, you know you have a problem with runescape when you make an account that you use for nothing but raising 1 skill...

~ Hunter

Better Idea why doesn't jagex make that a random event. after every log cut/fish fished/rock mined that random would smack you, but it would be completely harmless and hit 0's all the time.

~ Hunter

lol that's funny only if i had a rubber chicken so i can mess with those macroers

Gyroman25.gif

~ Hunter

lol that's funny only if i had a rubber chicken so i can mess with those macroers

Eh...back then....I was being freaked out by the world select menu :oops: ....I don't have a rubber chicken.

EDIT: Surprisingly, this topic got bumped back up again...hum.

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

heres a sugjestion for skillers out there

how about they just raise their combat to about 15 or so and then they dont get attacked by the monsters jagex would then put by all major autoing areas

glad to be a follower of guthix

strength through balance

how about they just raise their combat to about 15 or so and then they dont get attacked by the monsters jagex would then put by all major autoing areas

macroers can do that to.

~ Hunter

Wouldn't it be enough to just say their name and then say Stop right there....

~ Hunter

I was just wondering... How do you get your rubber chicken back? I remember getting rid of mine but Diango doesn't replace it. Once I get my chicken back, watch out macros, here I come :twisted:

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

macroers can do that too.
Lemme just highlight this for those of you who weren't paying attention.

There are already autofighting macroes. If you put aggressive, low level monsters all over the place, macroers will simply implement an autofighting script, leveling enough to bypass the danger.

If macroers were forced to use no more than one account at a time, this would make a significant difference, but since most are not afraid to break the "multiple login" rule, all this would accomplish is a one-time setback for macroers. -.-

Yes, there should be some sort of detection system that actually disallows two accounts accessing servers (Unless there is one member and one non-mem). I know this inconveniences family greatly, but they can just manage their 'Scape time. It will almost completely get rid of those mass-macroers who have like 5 windows at once running 5 macros.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Most of them don't really auto. they are chinese kids up to the age of 18 getting paid 2 or 3 dollar a day for doing the same thing over and over again. They have to give their resources to a collector every day, who sells them and sells the runescape money for real money.

They basicly get exploited, but they can't do much else because they need to help with the family.

Now since i know this, i don't report them anymore. Thought i shoudl post this here. Will post some prove later on

Edit: proof, seeing you speak chinese:

chinesefarmeradmitsbe4.jpg

For all the others:

He tries to beat around the bush but it's kind of obvious.

I'll translate.

It's in Mandarin, as I am Chinese, it's my mothertongue.

Blue font for Sweijie

Red font for Forceforce0 (farmer)

Chatbox area left side

Sweijie: How much do you earn a day?

Forceforce0: 20 Yuan (20 RMB Currency of China. Works to around 4 Singapore Dollars or 2.50 US Dollars)

Sweijie: So you guys just kill dragons all day?

Forceforce0: Yes

Chatbox area right side

Sweijie: How old are you?

*tries to go around the silly censor*

*succeeds*

Forceforce0: 17

Forceforce0: You?

*Of course I'm not saying.*

Pasted chats starting from top.

Sweijie: How do you earn money?

Forceforce: Selling bones.

Sweijie: So you earn 20 Yuan a day?

Forceforce0: Correct, I earn 20 yuan a day

Sweijie: Doing what?

Forceforce0: It's 20 RMB(Ren min bi) not 20 yuan (it's the same)

Sweijie: Selling dragon bones and you get 20 yuan/RMB?

Forceforce0: *explaining to me some words that is used in China and not here, irrelevant*

Sweijie: So how much have you earned in total?

Forceforce0: About 400 to 500 RMB/Yuan a month. You?

Forceforce0: *irrelevant*

He thinks I am a farmer as well. =/

Well, this explains why our dear dragon bone prices has been dropping and I dug more into the truth of teenagers working for people to get ingame resources.

I pity them somehow, this is their job. What they do to survive.

Sweijie out ~

ths comes from other forums.

Yes, there should be some sort of detection system that actually disallows two accounts accessing servers (Unless there is one member and one non-mem). I know this inconveniences family greatly, but they can just manage their 'Scape time. It will almost completely get rid of those mass-macroers who have like 5 windows at once running 5 macros.

Has anyone heard of IP addresses? Its a code that defines what and where your Internet connection is. Jagex can track multiple logins simply by banning any two (or more) accounts that login via the same IP at the same time. Just to clarify. :)

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Has anyone heard of IP addresses?
Yeah.

Between dynamic IPs and dial-up, there's a reason why IP banning is considered a last resort. Effectively, you run the risk of banning legitimate users, while the offender obtains a "new" IP upon reconnecting.

You could likely record the IPs which have been used by the offender, eventually identifying the ISP, but what resources this would require on a large scale, and how far ISPs would be willing to cooperate with Jagex, are beyond my knowledge.

Mind you, none of this is particularly innovative. The fact that it hasn't been implemented yet in itself probably indicates that it won't work.

Ever the pessimist. :mrgreen: