WHO IS OLD SCHOOL HERE

Johns

are much higher up on the old school riktor scale.

If you ask me, there shouldn't be any kind of scales or not even this much old school/old skool/leetomghaxor stuff.

Long time gamers should be proud of their roots, but their roots won't make them anything special. Just because someone started (notice: the verb was started, not achieved) years ago, it doesn't make him any better than someone who started just a while ago. Old legends should be remembered and respected, but we shouldn't live in the past.

I personally hate this kind of threads. In these people who started in 2003 are saying how old skool they are, even tho they don't even have done anything special in rsc.

Note Kcn, I didn't point this to you :P Just felt like quoting the scale part, not meant to flame you or anything.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is out there right now, playing RS and is OLD school.

If you have to ask what i mean you aren't it. If you dont know what a cracker is, or ever thought the dragon slayer quest was the last one, you're not it.

So who is out there?

Dude201970 here

says the guy who made his account today
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

I've come to find that people who make these kinds of posts arent "old school". I also find it funny how only a few thousand people played then but it seems half of the community played then but took a break which explains their lack of knowledge, stats and items :roll:

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I've come to find that people who make these kinds of posts arent "old school". I also find it funny how only a few thousand people played then but it seems half of the community played then but took a break which explains their lack of knowledge, stats and items :roll:

Its because everyone wants to be OLD SKoOL :P

And most are full of **Poo**

Who is out there right now, playing RS and is OLD school.

If you have to ask what i mean you aren't it. If you dont know what a cracker is, or ever thought the dragon slayer quest was the last one, you're not it.

So who is out there?

Dude201970 here

If your account name has that many damn numbers after it, I highly doubt you're very "old school". And don't try to say you had a different account back then or else you would have initially said so.

I played rs1 myself, but I only reached ~73 combat before rs2 so I can hardly consider myself to be one of the longer playing Scapers.

160vy.png

my original account was made back in 2001 when we only had 3 servers i think.

i still have access to the user but it's only lev 24 i think.

back then i knew nothing about events :wall:

so i have nothing valuable including bunny ear or cythe

i played rsc for a year until rs2 came out if that makes me old school, but i kept creating accounts. ive stuck with this one now after 4months of the release of rs2 :P

i remember in rsc, scorpians were lethal, always the cause of my deaths back then. And i also remember everyone was a pure, the wilderness was full of them!

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

I came back to check out what the holiday event was, and couldn't resist sharing stories of the old days with y'all.

Back then, the ENTIRE RS community rejoiced when bluerose13x started being able to smith addy kites; there was no wilderness - you could (and I did) get killed just walking from town to town; wine was made by jumping up and down ladders 5 times; we were limited to 3 servers; "pures" ruled the land; you could see the occasional bearded lady...

It was also a time when macros were rampant; there was no second trade window to confirm a trade so many people got scammed out of their hard earned gp; there were many exploitable glitches here and there.

All in all, a very fun time although there was a group of people who ruined a good thing and made JAGEX create some of the more annoying features we all know today, such as random events, getting tired (I've been told this is no longer in effect), etc.

It's too bad RSC is for p2p members only now. I used to go back now and then to try to 3hit some folks :).

Happy Holidays, everyone!

hey y'all i will consider myself oldschool, when i first started playing runescape it was in the days when runescape classic was just known as runescape. party hats were cheap and easy to get, there were no such thing as santas, easters, halloween masks or anything. just party hats and pumps. 8-)

Tip.it Events Team fan!!!

Brother of TET Leader Honest1

I started sometime in late April, early May 2001, but don't consider myself old school because there was quite a lot of changes even before then. :P