Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

• Please log in to reply
565 replies to this topic

Forum_User
[ Display Name History ]

Forum_User

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
It won't solve the fact that you've lost your items, but vent about how you've been scammed or lost your item(s) in some other fashion.

Remember, no naming names.

-----------------------------

All Forum Rules Apply

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
got lured by getting lunar teled to ice plateau. :oops:

bonzeben23
[ Display Name History ]

bonzeben23

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bonzeben23
sold full rune for 10k he offered a mil and he almost made it to
Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005
99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

ezay
[ Display Name History ]

ezay

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
Said he would sell me whip only 1m at edge monks as soon as i stepped into wildy he entangled then specd me28-25-26 =/

What i learned:DOnt trade anywhere near wildi =]

eias
[ Display Name History ]

eias

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • RSN:Cybermullet

that would be a lvl 3 noob?
Posted Image

eias
[ Display Name History ]

eias

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 671 posts
i sold a rune axe for free ffs he was putting the money then when i accepted it was nothing i accepted fast and here i am

i got scammed for 15k...
Posted Image

Gin_and_Tonic
[ Display Name History ]

Gin_and_Tonic

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • RSN:Pi e t y

i sold a rune axe for free [bleep] he was putting the money then when i accepted it was nothing i accepted fast and here i am

i got scammed for 15k...

Lol? :wall:

I didnt get scammed, but i logged out of W2, unaware Mr.Hyde was attacking me... Well, i closed the screen by mistake, meaning to close the one in front of it, and when i logged back in, there i was stood in Lumb with Dhip top, Legs and Vamps - No blue mask...

bonzeben23
[ Display Name History ]

bonzeben23

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • RSN:Bonzeben23

that would be a lvl 3 noob?

yeah
Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005
99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

eias
[ Display Name History ]

eias

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 671 posts

i sold a rune axe for free [bleep] he was putting the money then when i accepted it was nothing i accepted fast and here i am

i got scammed for 15k...

Lol? :wall:

I didnt get scammed, but i logged out of W2, unaware Mr.Hyde was attacking me... Well, i closed the screen by mistake, meaning to close the one in front of it, and when i logged back in, there i was stood in Lumb with Dhip top, Legs and Vamps - No blue mask...

blue haloween mask?

OMG
Posted Image

gryphon618
[ Display Name History ]

gryphon618

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 238 posts
I had worked hard for my first 200k, and got full rune, when a level 3 said "I'll buy your rune for 300k." I was amazed. With that 100k left after I bought back my full rune, I could get a couple of weapons too!

He did the 300 to 30k scam :wall:

hypractvmidget
[ Display Name History ]

hypractvmidget

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
I didn't actually get scammed, but someone tried it.

I tried selling my Red Mask... I'm muted, so I had my friend find me a buyer. He found one, who told him to go just east of varrock. "Kind of by the lumberyard" In otherwords, just north of it, in lvl 1 wild. So my friend accompanies me there, and when he's in wild, trading the scammer, her friend attacks him. I'm just below wild, because I have the mask, and I'm not stupid enough to fall for this.

So my friend is fighting the scammer, and low and behold, he kills him. Splitbark top, mystic bottom, gloves, and boots, rune boots, full rune, obby shield, and whip.

Can you say "Owned"?
Posted Image

Leejjon
[ Display Name History ]

Leejjon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 108 posts
I've once had it that a lvl 60 sold me 1k coal for 180k fair and square, after that he traded again and didn't noticed that he was offering noted iron instead of coal. I have my screen on a very high resolution and then it's hard to see the difference between noted iron and coal, and if you've bought stuff from that guy earlier you kind of trust them and don't look that well.

Jackson_B7
[ Display Name History ]

Jackson_B7

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 45 posts

i got scammed for 15k...

Same, exept he was offering 75k and I offered evey thing...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Jackson_B7
[ Display Name History ]

Jackson_B7

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 45 posts

I've once had it that someone sold me 1k coal for 180k fair and square, after that he traded again and didn't noticed that he was offering noted iron instead of coal.

Same, exept 1st it was rune long, then an iron long.
Posted Image

Posted Image

killjoyfuly
[ Display Name History ]

killjoyfuly

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 449 posts

I've once had it that someone sold me 1k coal for 180k fair and square, after that he traded again and didn't noticed that he was offering noted iron instead of coal.quote]

Same, exept 1st it was rune long, then an iron long.

i was havign a bsale one and i was selling both addy and rune scimmys and a guy wanted rune.

the first time i traded right one second i dint but the guy didnt notcie i thought about scamming for a sec but said what the hell and declined and made trade properly porper little angle me O:)

oh i got scamed out of rune boots i was in warriors guild and some girls buying rune boots for d spear (p++) and rune kite i jumped on it cos id got for a realy low price

at last miniute she switched to just rune kite -.- worst day on rs ever
Posted Image

Knight5445
[ Display Name History ]

Knight5445

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
Got lured into lvl 1 wildy than all in a sudden like 10 or 20 fire waves and i got entangled then i lost glory,wealth ring,berserker helm and obby cape i was gonna show off to my friends :(
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Chezy_Boi
[ Display Name History ]

Chezy_Boi

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • RSN:Chezy_Boi
  • Clan:Legendary Hellfire
Does any1 realise that "Abyssal Whip" looks a little bit like.... "Abolutly Nothing"... :(
1800+ TOTAL LVL --- 1170+ F2P TOTAL --- 266+ QuestPoints, Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape

=========================
||Check out my blog
||
=========================

Posted Image

lya_helix
[ Display Name History ]

lya_helix

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts
once i got scammed of dragon skirt and obby cape cuz someone wanted to "try them on" never saw the items again :(

sgtphilip
[ Display Name History ]

sgtphilip

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
i got scammed by a trust game when a girl said i was winning and since she gave me my full rune back i trusted her then i gave full rune AND 200k which was all the money i had and i lost it all

Prun
[ Display Name History ]

Prun

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Prun
  • RSN2:Apple Tank
once...this guy, who was selling full rune t for lk 700 k all noted...so...they switch the rune t legs to norm ones...and then he didnt no i new...so i js took away all the money and he pressed accept both times, cuz scammers always press accept realli fast sooooooooooo :lol:
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users