How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

Well this actually happened to my friend:

A guy offered him dragon platelegs for his full guthix, he traded, then the guy offered the d legs. He declined and said soz then traded again and instead it was red d hide legs (it was all in note form btw). My friend accepted and had got scammed outta his full guthix. Now he's quitting.

happysigbp0.jpg

girl did the 1k lobbies to 100 trick on me lost 285k and now i'm owning lessers for the money back

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

i almost got scammed when this guy pmed me and said he would buy some grog for 10m saying it was a rare item. There was someone selling grog for 1m at the bank i was in and i was thinking get rich quick, but something told me not to do it. so i try to tell these two about each other trying to get a finders fee but the buyer pulled the "I g2g" card i looked what world he was on... non-members. i figured it out before i was scammed for all my good stuff

4klwr5j.gif

guth8os.gif

once, when d meds were worth about 1.2 mill, i saw someone selling a d med for 1 mill, so i'm like 'omg i can get cheap d med!' So I trade him, and at the last moment he takes away the d med, but thankfully i notice this and cancel the trade, and he teles. This was before you could see the name of your trader on the screen, so i wasn't able to report him :x

When i was like lvl60 i was scammed out of 10k (omg!!) when i thought a rock hammer was a g maul :cry:

kittenen4.png

Drag drops: D legs, D spear, shield half, d med

Obby Drops: Shield x 2, knife x 2, maul

Barrows drops : none yet :(

Treasure Trails: Guthix Robe legs, Zammy pl8body, pirate hat, Robin hood hat!!

I was sitting in Seer's bank, trying to sell some maples (one of the most annoying items to sell that are still actually sold), when somebody offered me 1k unstrung yew bows for 3k maples. I'd have prefered cash, but at least unstrung yew bows are much easier to sell or use (75 fletching). He switched the yew bows (u) to maple bows (u) or maybe willow bows (u), I can't remember. I was quite disappointed when I saw what I had gotten. I probably would never have been able to sell the maples anyway, but this was a terrible waste all the same.

Saw a noob saying "Selling rune scimmy 15k" so im like "OMG GOOD DEAL" trade him a rune axe for the rune scimmy then he replaced with iron so we went onto next window and I saw it so I knew he was a scammer so then I hit accept instead of decline....D'oh -.-

Currently:Fletching and preparing for my final quest before cape ^^

I had just gotten 40 range, and I was all excited to try out the rangers guild. I hadn't read any guides, and I knew nothing about it, but I decided to be careful and bring my full addy armor, which was a whole lot to me.

I tried out the ranging game, then went to try out the ranging tower. Some level 50 or 60 girl offered to buy my yew shortbow for 10k, which was a lot when i was that level.

She said she wanted to range some guys first, so i went up there with her. After about a minute she traded me, then ran out into the level 64 rangers spot. Of course I was oblivious, so I followed, and was killing very quickly. I lost my precious full addy, full green dragon hide, and the 20 rune arrows my friend gave me for getting 40 ranged.

I ran back as quick as a I can, and she was still there, where she laughed at me and called me a noob lots =(

Oh well, I'm probably richer then her is she still plays now =)

snowsigyy7.png

I had just gotten 40 range, and I was all excited to try out the rangers guild. I hadn't read any guides, and I knew nothing about it, but I decided to be careful and bring my full addy armor, which was a whole lot to me.

I tried out the ranging game, then went to try out the ranging tower. Some level 50 or 60 girl offered to buy my yew shortbow for 10k, which was a lot when i was that level.

She said she wanted to range some guys first, so i went up there with her. After about a minute she traded me, then ran out into the level 64 rangers spot. Of course I was oblivious, so I followed, and was killing very quickly. I lost my precious full addy, full green dragon hide, and the 20 rune arrows my friend gave me for getting 40 ranged.

I ran back as quick as a I can, and she was still there, where she laughed at me and called me a noob lots =(

Oh well, I'm probably richer then her is she still plays now =)

Bummer you died at that lvl but nice that your rich now :XD:

Currently:Fletching and preparing for my final quest before cape ^^

i had the "omg this thing is soooo rare scam"

a guy offered mage comp bow and said its better than crystal and karils crossbow all together and it requires lvl 50 range to wield i was amazed and suspected it to be a scam so he says its only 1.5 mil veeeery cheap so i declined and said scammer but he had a friend who said its realy good and wielded one and i thought what the hey and bought the thing but it was junk and i sold it for 100k :wall: :wall: :wall:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

KAH BAH GEE

Whilst selling Super Sets I fell for the 200k to 20k scam - Gah!

I was so used to accepting cos' I'd sold like 100 sets that I saw the scam and called him a scammer and then accepted... Nooooooooo! :wall:

Can I name him? I'd love to but probably get into trouble here.

There seems to be a lot of "my friend will buy all Spr sets u got" scam atm.

Just meet him by the 'alching spot' - the what spot? Oh! it's just north of Edgeville bank. Yeh right....

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

This was from around Jan. 10

I was solo pking (i no i shouldnt cuz my stats rnt a pker's stats)

A guy lvl 77 comes up and says team. Im like ok

Then he goes to his group of ppl and we go to the black knights castle

We kill some noobs and then he asks where im from. i said the u.s

Afterwards i kinda trusted him and we went deep.

I killed a guy to get 300addy arrows and then the person i trusted atts me

Then his whole group atts me. Somebody binds me and im doomed.

HE says: its becuz u a yank

Im like :? Yanks r ppl on the east coast

Wut i learned, never trust any1 and always stay near 20 wild to tele

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

:roll: i got scammed twice - in 2 days - didn't even realise straight away so didn't report it - doh!!!! :oops:

the first time was by a player who told me he could heal me and then i'd stay healed and couldn't die. He said it was a cheat and (I know I shouldn't have) :shame: but I thought wow... i've died loads of times and lost stuff what a great idea... but.. he let me die and i lost loads of stuff.... drat...

then - 3 of us were fighting some soldiers and 1 guy suggested we team up and go fighting... so we agreed and off we went. They took me where they said there was lots of gold but took me into the wilds and then killed me (they were both 60+) and i lost my mithril sword and shield and other stuff. :pray:

the moral of this is Trust No One... other players are fibbers and out for what they can take off you. :wall:

It isn't whether you win or lose but how you play the game..

This was from around Jan. 10

I was solo pking (i no i shouldnt cuz my stats rnt a pker's stats)

A guy lvl 77 comes up and says team. Im like ok

Then he goes to his group of ppl and we go to the black knights castle

We kill some noobs and then he asks where im from. i said the u.s

Afterwards i kinda trusted him and we went deep.

I killed a guy to get 300addy arrows and then the person i trusted atts me

Then his whole group atts me. Somebody binds me and im doomed.

HE says: its becuz u a yank

Im like :? Yanks r ppl on the east coast

Wut i learned, never trust any1 and always stay near 20 wild to tele

Yank = What us Brits call any American

when i mad my first 30m (ye tats a lot) i was a lvl 80 member,

i tought lets get myself full dragon and a whip

i was in seers 2 find a seller, i buyd the full d from some1 for 25m.

then i thougth lets get a whip so i buyd a whip.

a guy said he would buy al my stuf for 50m and a green hween mask.

i tought omg good deal, but he said he only trades it in wildie.....

but i believed him so i got 2 wildie, near edge.

i saw him walking and he said follow me.

i followed him not aware whe where near wildie. whe traded the stuf and i was verry happy. i followed him to thank him.

i diddent see i walked strait in wild and i got maged by him... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I've once had it that a lvl 60 sold me 1k coal for 180k fair and square, after that he traded again and didn't noticed that he was offering noted iron instead of coal. I have my screen on a very high resolution and then it's hard to see the difference between noted iron and coal, and if you've bought stuff from that guy earlier you kind of trust them and don't look that well.

This is what the second trade screen is for...

Bet you can't guess what Altune means!

You can't? Insanage!

I have been succesfully scammed twice.

Lost full addy (g) the first time due to a switch.

Was all I had at the time but looking back is not so bad.

The second time was a bit worse, not because it was more lost (though it was) but because it was someone I had once trusted. I loan him 1.4m and never seen him since.

Nowadays I don't trust people right away anymore. I have reported multiple scammers who attempted to pull a switch on me in trade screen (within last few day even) and I don't loan anyone anything except for a few close friend. In the end I would say it was worth getting scammed to learn a few things.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I lent a "friend" some runes (1k deaths, 1k chaos, 8k fires, and 4k iron arrows too). He said he would pay be back once he sold the dh helm he got from barrows, so I figured sure (we had been pking together many times, he didn't kill me once though i went mystic pking, and i have known him for a year). He never logged back on.

R.I.P Doodles53 (pker)

Quit PC FPS January 17th, 2007

The only time I was ever scammed was when someone lured me to the mole caves and told me to give my tinderbox to him. Only lost full rune, but that was a lot to me back then.

racer9999999.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I don't see why common sense is called common sense since it doesn't seem to be very common at all...