How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

i fell into the most planned scam i have ever seen.

some person says

"looking for bf i can give lots of stuff!"

i hate when ppl try and get bf/gf on internet but free stuff.....besides theres always the trusty ignore. so i say

"can i see the free stuff?"

"sure"

A phat set and 3m!

So i say ok. she says

"follow to my house"

i go to her house and we box for a while while she asks questions. then,

"smithing lvl?"

"34"

"oh cool can u smelt me something"

(i had 1 hp left, didnt notice)

so we home telly.she trades a limestone block

"smith this, and trade me the quicklime"

(i didnt know what quicklime was)

Guess what? i wasnt wearing gloves. the quicklime kills me, i drop 1.5m cash and some good items. all i have left is a whip, rune pick, and g shield. i even lost my precious mime!

:cry:

I'm really kind of an idiot for doing this but oh well here's my story...

One day while casualy playing runescape while talking to some friends of mine on msn, some kid just starts randomly talking to me (I have no idea who this kid is but I as who he is and he says "Just a random Tip.iter"), and he says,

"Hey I'll sell you some rares for cheap I'm quitting runescape what do you say?"

So jokingly I say "Sure, does full dharoks 20k fires and 500k for a party hat sound good"

He replies, "yes. Meet my world rangers guild"

I say "Why rangers guild can we just meet in cammy?"

But of course he said "No rangers guild!"

So by now I knew something was up but I decide to go anyway just to see what's up (I'm an idiot..) so I throw on a ring of life and go over to rangers guild.

And of course he's up in the tower with the aggresive rangers on all sides so by now I know it's a scam but I decide to mess with him for a little.

(Aren't I smart?)

I start to send trade offers and low and behold he does have a party hat.

Then all of a sudden he starts saying "Agh lag quick follow me"

So I start following him and what do you know...He leads me right over to the aggresive rangers.

So i start laughing and go to click away but as I do he sends me the following messages on msn...

"__________________________________________"

Over and over again and what do you know...

It lags me so bad that I can't click away so I just sit back and watch the rangers hit constant 10's and 11's on me.

Of course my ring of life doesn't work and of course I die and end up in fally but thank god I kept some of my Dharoks.

So a minimum loss as I see it but I'm still an idiot for falling for this.

But oh well I do suppose it's my fault

2czeqeh.jpg

ok so here is how i got scammed :wall: :

first of all there was a guy sellin willow comp for 600k witch was way tomuch for my price. But then as I looked around this guy was buying a willow comp for 950k!!!!

these High prices confuse me for a minute but then i decided to buy the willow compbow. As soon as the i bought it an went to go trade with th guy buying it for 950k

right away he logged out . then i knew i got scammed big and did have time to report them cuase i was in a busy world

P.S. willow comps ar only worth about 150k and are worse than maple short bow

darkeye678.pnghttp://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1499/banksig2qn4.gif[/img]

full rune 200k

rune battle axe 50k

getting lobbs 20mins

get owned by elrag priceless

Almost got scammed. Lurer told me he'd give me a mill for 3 pieces of rune armour and a d long. He said to follow him to the monastary. I followed but he went to wildy and anciented me. I ran out, and then he went off somewhere. I messaged him with an idea, i would use protect item so he would get nothing=) Gonna fool the scammer! He figured out my plan though when i messaged saying i want to die since i'm quitting....

[bleep] you all

i fell into the most planned scam i have ever seen.

some person says

"looking for bf i can give lots of stuff!"

i hate when ppl try and get bf/gf on internet but free stuff.....besides theres always the trusty ignore. so i say

"can i see the free stuff?"

"sure"

A phat set and 3m!

So i say ok. she says

"follow to my house"

i go to her house and we box for a while while she asks questions. then,

"smithing lvl?"

"34"

"oh cool can u smelt me something"

(i had 1 hp left, didnt notice)

so we home telly.she trades a limestone block

"smith this, and trade me the quicklime"

(i didnt know what quicklime was)

Guess what? i wasnt wearing gloves. the quicklime kills me, i drop 1.5m cash and some good items. all i have left is a whip, rune pick, and g shield. i even lost my precious mime!

:cry:

I did the same thing as you except i lost full guthan, whip, obby sheild, blue mystic, d scimmy, dds, glory, row, ppot, mage pot, and a ton of runes like 5k fires all my airs laws earths ect.

The worst part is this kid died at dk's and I gave him his stuff back just 10min earlyer.

I dont have a sig anymore =[

But I did manage to get every skill in the highscores

Song name- I Took Your Name

written by R.E.M.

(My strength pure was hacked,it had 5m in items and cash)

I wore the clothes you wanted

I took your name

If there is some confusion,

who's to blame?

I signed your living will

I smiled your face

I'm ready to close the book on

NASA and outer space

If there is some confusion

who's to blame?

who's to blame?

I sequenced your arrival

I sealed your fate

I pushed the button

and erased your master tape

I wrote the sales pitch

I threw the grey switch

I dragged your big-***ed

dirty robbed car out of that ditch

who's to blame?

who's to blame?

I crossed your great divide

I stirred your ocean's tide

I called your bluff until

I blew your circuits wide

I'll be your albatross,

devil dog, Jesus Lord

I don't wanna be Iggy Pop

but if that's what it takes

who's to blame?

who's to blame?

Hi.

I didn't actually get scammed but I was in Seers selling some bowstrings and there was a guy spamming "Buying whip 1.9m"

I traded him to see if it was for real. He puts up 1.8k magics and 100k. I hit accept and he declined and says " Is a whip 1.9m?" He then trades again and puts up 1.8k WILLOWS and 100k.

I laugh a little then report him.

Next day he was back doing the same thing.

I Have Become Comfotably Numb..

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=46375 - A Great Gladiator Game To AFK while playing RS - Try It Today!

first of all there was a guy sellin willow comp for 600k witch was way tomuch for my price. But then as I looked around this guy was buying a willow comp for 950k!!!!

these High prices confuse me for a minute but then i decided to buy the willow compbow. As soon as the i bought it an went to go trade with th guy buying it for 950k

right away he logged out . then i knew i got scammed big and did have time to report them cuase i was in a busy world

That's a classical scam. Something similar to me happened 2 years ago, except it was with full addy. I feel your pain.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

Back when i was trying to get a Santa Hat, or at least any rare I could get my hands on, i decided to merch full Dharok. Some noob came up to me and offered 11m in the first trade screen, so I was suspicious :shame: in the second trade screen I saw the 11m still up there! I couldnt belive my eyes. I got over confident. i took a screenie but in all this time, this dude had also read the "11m" in the second trade screen. i was about to press accept, but then he declined :wall:

I COULD HAVE GOTTEN A GREEN MASK IF I HADN'T GOTTEN SO COCKY!!!

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

i got scammed using the normal method. using 4m the shifting to 400k(it was heavy stuff i gave to him!)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

That's a classical scam. Something similar to me happened 2 years ago, except it was with full addy. I feel your pain.

around a mounth a go a new trend started!

i now see daily a massive ppl tryin to do this scam:

"person1:buyin whip 2.1m( a warrio ring=450k)

"person2 buyin warrio ring 2.6m"

believe it or not some ppl is dumb enogh to sell there whip for that :)

think they can make 1m quick lol. fell for the ppl getting scammed

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Not really me getting scammed, but somebody said he would buy my rune scimmy for 200k. I traded him, he put up 200k. He meant to take it all away at the last second and scam me, but he didn't for some reason, so i sold a rune scimmy for 200k :-w :-w

how to scam yourself =D>

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

I once had someone try playing the trust game with me...

She bought my Rune Axe for 30k. Wow I said, ok, sold it, went to world 1, and bought one way cheaper. Then a couple days later she sold me something at a really cheap price (don't remember what it was or the price). After that, she found me cutting willows and we got to talking. After about 20 minutes, she asked if I wanted to share accounts with her. She would give me her password, I would give her mine, that way we could share each others equipment, and such... What did I say to that? No thanks, and promptly hit the report button.

I know that people fall for these sorts of scams, but what kind of idiot do you have to be to fall for that???

Lion+O+1.png

I have been scammed only 2 times. Once alot of rune stuff, and another my full split. The rune was in a trading game, and I was dumb enough to go along with it. The split bark the man had offered 300k and items nd quickly switched to 30k and I didn't notice. I ahd not cared b/c I found it more funny then angry, b/c I had zammy and sara still and split was nothing. After all Igot it cheap anyways. Normally i don't get scammed, b/c i know all the types and look before I click. I never click accept to qucikly, i wait.

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

Some guy I don't know and PMs me asks if I have a (worthless item I knew nothing about) to sell to him for 4.2m. Then a different guy randomly trades with me and offers that item. I show 800k in items for some reason. Then I decline and think it is a scam. After talking to the guy who PMed me, I think that it might not be a scam. I don't know how, but I talked myself into thinking it wasn't a scam (this is the first time I have ever fallen for a scam).

Well i eventually make the trade, and both guys log out (put me on ignore list probably). Well now I feel like an idiot since I realized the item was barely worth 15k. I still don't know why I did it. I will not mention the item because it will make me look like a fool. I should have known what it was. :wall:

Hey, if you're talking about a cactus potato or whatever it's called, then I think I saw the same 2 guys when these 2 guys came up to me and tried that on me, but luckily, I'm friends with Lord Rodyle0 in real life and we were on the phone together, and him, knowing all about Runescape (even though I've been playing longer :roll: ) told me it's not even worth 100gp let alone 4mil and that is was in KQ's lair. Back then, I wasn't even level 80, probably around mid 70's, so I hadn't known better, but I would've probably fallen for it if it weren't for Jimmy (Lord Rodyle0). :thumbsup:

Actually Potato Cacti are used in herblore and I think they are 1.5k each, not < 100 :wink:

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Had my account hacked by some [cabbage] who basicly tricked my cousin into giving him my pass, tho i have a feeling he's done it plenty of times in the past.....I have been hacked 4-5 times, and me and my cousin calculated how much i lost....... 90 mil!!!!!! :'( :wall:

And no im not good enough to make 90 mil by my self! It was through buisnesses i had with my friends, Fletching helped :D And merchanting n stuff etc! But why do those [girraffes] Have to ruin a nice game just because they want to show off to theyr mates some cash they DIDNT earn :(

Animal1908.png