How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

Not really me getting scammed, but somebody said he would buy my rune scimmy for 200k. I traded him, he put up 200k. He meant to take it all away at the last second and scam me, but he didn't for some reason, so i sold a rune scimmy for 200k :-w :-w

sig-4.jpg

A while back I was lured into the ranger guild.. Luckily I could use prayer against range and reported the scammer. I felt so stupid...Like someone was going to pay 50k for my mage longbow...lol :mrgreen:

franger,Vinga2.gif

Was buying 433 b bones to get 25 pray on my pure and I had already gotten alot of nubish trades so he put up the b bones then switch to bones. I accept it walking back to the bank glad I finally got them, store in bank, and see the normal bones :(

That was so unlike me to check second window.

Currently:Fletching and preparing for my final quest before cape ^^

Some guy I don't know and PMs me asks if I have a (worthless item I knew nothing about) to sell to him for 4.2m. Then a different guy randomly trades with me and offers that item. I show 800k in items for some reason. Then I decline and think it is a scam. After talking to the guy who PMed me, I think that it might not be a scam. I don't know how, but I talked myself into thinking it wasn't a scam (this is the first time I have ever fallen for a scam).

Well i eventually make the trade, and both guys log out (put me on ignore list probably). Well now I feel like an idiot since I realized the item was barely worth 15k. I still don't know why I did it. I will not mention the item because it will make me look like a fool. I should have known what it was. :wall:

Hey, if you're talking about a cactus potato or whatever it's called, then I think I saw the same 2 guys when these 2 guys came up to me and tried that on me, but luckily, I'm friends with Lord Rodyle0 in real life and we were on the phone together, and him, knowing all about Runescape (even though I've been playing longer :roll: ) told me it's not even worth 100gp let alone 4mil and that is was in KQ's lair. Back then, I wasn't even level 80, probably around mid 70's, so I hadn't known better, but I would've probably fallen for it if it weren't for Jimmy (Lord Rodyle0). :thumbsup:

iii_p00p_iii.png

^click my stats to see my bloggeh!^

Iii_p00p_iii-Str1der_pure.gif

Just got a whip... and i was in fally bank, and this guy says "buying whip 2.5", so I thought i could sell it and then buy it back and make a ton of money... Then, when i trade him, he offers a seers ring. And then i noticed another guy in the bank saying "buying seers ring 3.7", so I get all excited since I'm gonna make a ton of money... (of course, I didn't check the price on forums, thinking I could sell it to the other kid for 3.7) Well, it turned out both people were coordinating the whole thing, I sell the whip for seers ring, go to sell it to him, and he says he needs to get money. Then, of course, he logs out. I'm still like "oh well, i can sell it on the forums for a decent amount and then buy my whip back" (I really don't know the prices of things), anyways, I look on forums, and what do you know? they sell for a whopping 400k. woohoo. Now I have to make it all back. (and by the way, I had gotten hacked and I had made all the money to buy the whip, and had it for about 2 hours) :oops:

-First time I've fallen for a scam too... <.< I don't really care though, getting sorta bored of rs...

some1 tried to lure me...and failed

i didnt bring wat i was ment to be paying for d2h...i got my dds...sup sutted and i had ancients on...hehehe

wat they lerned: never lure me

the new lvl 3 member skiller.....if u c me, im not a macro

i lost full santa when i got pwned buy an evil chicken =/

wth is full santa? and it's got pwned by not pwned buy

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

i was selling 1k noted coal at varrok west bank back when i was trying to save up for full rune. a guy wants to trade and puts the right amount of cash in the trade window. id worked long and hard for that coal, so like the noob i was i eagerly smashed the "accept" button.

i go back to the bank window and discover several pieces of bronze armor in my invo and no money anywhere.

i know i was a little laggy that day, but how (or why) he switched a pile of gold for several bits of bronze stuff so fast ill never know.

it pays to pay attention #-o

sum gUy woked up to me and sayd do u want 2 g3t fre item [bleep] to lvl 56 wildy so i did and i was liek yey i get phre st0ff plox and den i got killd and im liek oh noez hackz and i reportd an i got band so i hohp ill lern next tiem on my mayn acont
english please

or a language i can understand i dont speak excited noob :XD:

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

sum gUy woked up to me and sayd do u want 2 g3t fre item [bleep] to lvl 56 wildy so i did and i was liek yey i get phre st0ff plox and den i got killd and im liek oh noez hackz and i reportd an i got band so i hohp ill lern next tiem on my mayn acont
english please

or a language i can understand i dont speak excited noob :XD:

It's a joke....

Some girl was wanting to buy all my armor for 2 million so I go ahead and give her the stuff, then 20 seconds later, I'm out 300k+ in items. I was distracted and hit accept when I wasn't looking while trading so I had both been scammed and felt like banging my head against the wall because of a stupid mistake. I guess that I'll pay better attention, despite the fact that this was the only time I've fallen for a scam.

Currently Going for...

99 firemaking

Current Progress-76/99

I didnt realy get scamed...but when i was sellin 7k sharks on forums ppl tried to lure me 7 times :shock:

And when i was buyin guthans 2 times...

good thing that luring is easily spottable...its sumthin like this

lurer:Im buyin all for 1k ea at edgy bank

me:can u come to fishin guild?

lurer:nvm then :XD:

Someone walked off with my Dragon 2H... :cry:

This happened today.

A girl player (his character was at least) approached me in the White Knight's castle and asked if he could borrow my D2H. I said heck no. He kept on begging then went and tried to sell an elegant skirt and a black (g) skirt. He was trying to buy my sword, then I'd be able to buy it back. I took pity on him, and said I'd let him (remember, it was a girl character) borrow the D2H for his best weapon. He said he had no weapon. What a liar... (read on) So I let him borrow my spear for the elegant skirt. After killing 2 guards he gave it back. Trustworthy, eh? No. He started saying his "Mom" was getting angry he was on the comp so long and that he REALLY wanted to see what a D2H looked like on him. I finally gave in and traded the 2H for a purple ele skirt and a black (g) skirt. After trying it out, she logs out. He logged back in and said sorry, then logged out to world 138. He gives it to some creep and starts mocking me. The creep refused all my attempts at telling him it was mine. They both logged out, but not before the girl scammer showed off her d scim and full black mystic. After talking to the scammer a bit more, I found this out: His bike was stolen and he gave the D2H to the creep for real life money to get the bike back.

I can't believe this.

The motto is- "Don't trust someone as far as you can throw them." Do not laugh. It's not funny, it's the truth.

50m.png

^ Going for full 3rd age Ranged, no coif, with about 10m to spare. Merching ftw.^

TIF vs KWD=Tif scared

Guest ShadowClawe

Once I was buying rune essence and someone puts up 2k rune essence. So I put up 60k then he removes the 2k ess and switches is to 200 ess! And i was in a hurry so I didnt notice. It was a level 3 noob.

After trade:

Me: (Trying to sound like I didnt know what a scam was) Oops! I accidentally offered 60k can you give me 54k back?

Noob: No! what the heck you noob!!! A deal is a freakin deal! Gosh!

Another time:

Woooot I got scammed a bronze dagger!! Ohh!

Noob: Free painting swords!!

I give him a bronze dagger, knowing its a scam.

Noob: Nope sorry only black items and above.

And he starts cursing at me after a long conversation about paint.

Then he was reported for item scamming and 60 secs later for offensive language.]

lol

I THINK THERES A GLITCH IN THE GAME

I GOT SCAMMED ONCE :wall: AND DIDDENT FALL FOR IT A SECKOND TIME

SOMEONE GOT ME TO SHOW A LOT OF CASH FOR SOMETHING AND DECLINED

THEN THEY OFFERED TO PAY A HIGH PRICE FOR A RING (EMERALD 50K)

I ONLY PUT UP ITEMS BUT LOST 100K CASH? ( SOMEHOW HE CHANGED 50K TO

-100K :ohnoes: )

SECKOND TIME IT HAPPENED I SAW -5K ON CHECK SCREAN (SMALLER BUT STILL A LOT FOR

ME) I DID SCREANSHOT FOR PROOF BUT LOST IT LOL

I DECLINED THAT TRADE \'

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANY1

I DONT UNDER STAND :?:

I HATE SCAMMERS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I THINK THERES A GLITCH IN THE GAME

I GOT SCAMMED ONCE :wall: AND DIDDENT FALL FOR IT A SECKOND TIME

SOMEONE GOT ME TO SHOW A LOT OF CASH FOR SOMETHING AND DECLINED

THEN THEY OFFERED TO PAY A HIGH PRICE FOR A RING (EMERALD 50K)

I ONLY PUT UP ITEMS BUT LOST 100K CASH? ( SOMEHOW HE CHANGED 50K TO

-100K :ohnoes: )

SECKOND TIME IT HAPPENED I SAW -5K ON CHECK SCREAN (SMALLER BUT STILL A LOT FOR

ME) I DID SCREANSHOT FOR PROOF BUT LOST IT LOL

I DECLINED THAT TRADE \'

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANY1

I DONT UNDER STAND :?:

I HATE SCAMMERS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

hmm, low post count + unbelieveable story =liar