How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

ive gotten scammed 2 times and close calls twice

i was tricked from rune boots to rune boots lost like 200k (this was when rune boots were 250k)

once i was lured to this cave, someone said they needed these bones of a monster, but didnt have the slayer level so i went in and got poisend by a monster lost my mime top, rune legs, and other things

close calls: when they offer like 213 mill and items and when adding items changing ti to 213k ugh i havnt been scammed by that but it gets annoying in fally and varry cuz im only lvl 79

Well, I didn't get scammed, but someone attempted it.

I was attempting to purchase the services of someone to buy a white set for me, and some other person tryed to get me to believe that a set was worth 1mill and that he would sell me the helm, pl8 and legs at a "discount" of 200k.

I logged because I didn't want to deal with his bologna.

Looking for a clan. PM me with an invite! Cb 57

Your Toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping shall remove the black parts!

:roll: Really sad when there is a person who tries to scam people.

They were banned as jagex messaged me.

One wanted to buy a whip for 3 million...He/It offered a ring(that warrior one i think) His friend or himself 3 spaces away is buying that very ring for 4 mill.

I start saying they are scaming and autotalking(they both said a 35 character sentence in flash3 mode without one mistake every 3 sec) All of a sudden one teles and the other just keeps talking...lol. Then he starts typing himself.Hes saying I scammed his phat set. He was a lv 3 with nothing but a bronze long sword on. <.< Some people want cash so badly :notalk:

i got scammed in an unwritten way

on a noob account i was working on for someone, i was going to grab stuff that someone had from when they died or something and i ran out of food...started dying, so i ran...guy shows up and shuts door repeatedly and i couldnt get out and died losing like 1k steel arrows and all of my friends other stuff. i completely freaked out on that guy.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

2 scams... and both were before the updated 2nd trade window

1. selling some law runes i got from the old law trading service in world 86 I believe? It was like 2k of laws i think, so this girl offers 1m for it all (back when laws were 500 each so it all seemed legit) I check the amount the first time and it was legit but she declines. I try again and of course click tooooo!!!! fast and she only put up 100k... so i was out 900k

2. One of my friends who had been a friend for months because of the clan we were in was stake dueling, and wanted to use my dharocks to win.

I say its at 0 you cant use it, and he gives me the money to fixes it and promises that he will give me part of the winnings (like 5m out of 15 or something)so i go away and ask a few days later can i have it back and he blocks me... so i never got it back.

I assume it was a scam between him and probably a friend... but he could've lost it in the duel.

My 3 favorite skills!

1st. coolcobra77.png

2nd. coolcobra77.png

3rd. coolcobra77.png

... Yes i did a scam...

well my character as since be log off for other reason. but back to the story.

this random came up to me ask me if i could hold on to his stuff so i could trade it to his other character, so i accepted. some of the things he gave me were noobish, but there where some good things like 3 sets of full black.. full rune... and ZAMMY... Yes the guy gave me FULL ZAMMY...

I was Like OMG... So yes take a ran... Sold Everything expet the zammy held on to that for awhile

Best scam ever

Bugmenz.gif

Someone was trying to buy whip for 1,8 milj. I traded him and he offered 1,8 milj. I was going to click accept and he changed it to 180k. I noticed it and took my whip off and clicked accept. I don't know what he was trying but he clicked accept and even in the second trade window he still tried to accept.

I declined because I really don't want get banned for scamming. After that he called me a scammer and ran away. :anxious:

Edit: Wrong topic. :lol:

RaGetheGreat.png

Retired from RuneScape for as long as possible.

Someone was trying to buy whip for 1,8 milj. I traded him and he offered 1,8 milj. I was going to click accept and he changed it to 180k. I noticed it and took my whip off and clicked accept. I don't know what he was trying but he clicked accept and even in the second trade window he still tried to accept.

I declined because I really don't want get banned for scamming. After that he called me a scammer and ran away. :anxious:

Edit: Wrong topic. :lol:

Lol, i would have done it. If he tried to scam me, i have no sympathy :-w

LOL

reverse scams are cool, and my friend once did it in school, in front of everyone in the computer lab. that was in rsc though.

**buying white phat**

noob puts up a phat

friend puts up 6m

noob changes it to a chef hat

friend takes away 6m, noob accepts.

seriously, have no sympathy for those scammers. They ask for it.

it happened along time ago, when green masks were worth 700k, and i had just gotten mine for full rune and 500k. When to world 1 and someone was buying a green mask for 1mill, so you know, i thought it was a really good deal considering i never had 1 mill before..so he put up the 1 mill as i put up my green mask, but i noticed he also put alot of different items(worthless stuff) and i didn't even notice he took off his 1mill and put on 10k. and i accpeted both trade screens..

another time was when i was new, about lvl 50 and bought full addy g for 850k....

i also got some good luck one time, some new guy(maybe lvl 16..can't remember) showed me 1mill, and we were upstairs at varrock east bank, suddnly he was attacked by a swarm and told him if you were to kill it i well give you free stuff...so he tried to kill it, and he died and i got his 1mill....

another time was when i was mining in mining guild seen a guy with a santa, and jsut for laughs offered him all my rune weapons for it...he said no caz he hadn't played for awhile and didn't know the prices(back when santa was worth 1.2mill) then i said 100k and all my rune weapons..he mined a couple coal and i thought he ignored me are something, then he said, "ok i well do it". right after the trade i logged out and went to world 1 and sold the sanata for 1.3mill....i feel really bad about selling it now that its worth like 20mill....

The wilderness is a lovely place full of kind people, they dissapear and drop all their stuff when I click on them.

i also got some good luck one time, some new guy(maybe lvl 16..can't remember) showed me 1mill, and we were upstairs at varrock east bank, suddnly he was attacked by a swarm and told him if you were to kill it i well give you free stuff...so he tried to kill it, and he died and i got his 1mill....

another time was when i was mining in mining guild seen a guy with a santa, and jsut for laughs offered him all my rune weapons for it...he said no caz he hadn't played for awhile and didn't know the prices(back when santa was worth 1.2mill) then i said 100k and all my rune weapons..he mined a couple coal and i thought he ignored me are something, then he said, "ok i well do it". right after the trade i logged out and went to world 1 and sold the sanata for 1.3mill....i feel really bad about selling it now that its worth like 20mill....

You sound like a vulture and a scammer yourself...Lying for gain is scamming! You feel bad about selling the santa but have no quams about lying about the value and gouging the guy for his santa? Pretty sad that you say you have been scammed and yet don't see how nasty you are....and the reason the community is in the toilet....money over dignity and conscience.

I had a new one today, this random person starts pming me saying he needs my help to talk to a friend. So what is it he needs? Apparently he wants me to give him my password so he can get on my account and then pm his friend.

Reported, then I screw around with him, trying to find a flaw in his story etc... untill eventually he logs off. (stuff like "I swear on my grave I won't take your items" wow, your grave is pretty worthless)

I don't see what he would have gained from it besides screwing around with my account, it's not like he was going to take some items.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

there was this guy and i was buyign obby cape 350k (this was waaaay back when they were worth 350k) and he put up obby cape so iaccepted but before he accepted he changed it to a normal black cape i was lvl 47 so i was sooo exited for my 1st obby cape and poof, i lost 350k and won like what 3 gp? so then i started to merch obby capes became rich and now have veerything i have, or had. i just got hacked i have a thread about it.

Shots-Sig.jpg

This guy got a 2 for 1 special....My friend was merchanting for me: 400K, 1.4 chaos runes, and granite plate. He says he will meet me at Faldor north gate, same time, next day. So I'm there the next day...waiting. Guess what. He doesn't show!! At first I thought that this was a normal scam, but no! With my luck. I can't just get scammed by a guy I've known for 3 hours. I have to feel like a completel idiot. Long story short. My "friend" gets hacked and two days later, is banned for offensive language. Lucky hacker, seeing as how my "friend" had 10+mil in gold and roughly 25mil in items. :XD:

logosaraji1.png

Miniclip is now the number one cause of death.

Well, I wanted to try my hand at merchanting, so I went to world 1 to buy yew logs. I saw a guy selling for 270 each. I thought it was a great deal. I was about to buy 4k of them, but at the last minute he changes them to willows. I got scammed #-o

But, as the saying says, :-$ Curse word here :-$ happens. :boohoo:

Empires rise and fall, and heros are born and they die. This is the way of life, but Legends are born, they live, but they never die.

When i didn't know much about runescape i was trying to sell 2k law runes,some guy pm's me and is like "hey dude i'll buy law runes for mole skins" i thought those were rare but actually were worth nothing. then some guy pm's and is like "hey i'll buy mole skins 5 mil" so i quickly traded and accepted with the guy, went to trade the guy who wanted the mole skins to discover he had logged out, lost 1m back then :cry:

Then just a couple of minutes ago i was trying to sell my remaning 3.5k cooked lobsters,someone put up 700k which was how much i was looking for. He accepted so i thought it wasn't a scam, i quickly accepted twice to discover only 70k in my inventory, 640k down the drain. Teaches me that there are those type of autoers and to always check the 2nd trade screen #-o

Minimeedude.gif

bucketcopy2fu2.gif

I was asking someone to enchant a diamond ring for me (yeah, i know, never supposed to do that, but i was in a hurry and didn't mind losing a few k gp. I figured i would just report him if he scammed me anyways.)

And so he asks me to wait for him to get the runes. he waited a long time than laughed at me and logged off. Unfortunatly, he waited over the 60 seconds that they look at when you report them, so it would't have done anything if i reported him.

What I learned: People will figure out all the ways to get around punishment for breaking the rules, even for just a few thousand gp.

Did you know that 78.934% of statistics are completly made up?

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

... Yes i did a scam...

well my character as since be log off for other reason. but back to the story.

this random came up to me ask me if i could hold on to his stuff so i could trade it to his other character, so i accepted. some of the things he gave me were noobish, but there where some good things like 3 sets of full black.. full rune... and ZAMMY... Yes the guy gave me FULL ZAMMY...

I was Like OMG... So yes take a ran... Sold Everything expet the zammy held on to that for awhile

Best scam ever

cant say that u scammed, trading between accounts is against the rules so lol he deserved it

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img