jayc3399

I was recently mining some rune and I got a swarm, I was wondering if you were attacked by a swarm and hit the world select button and hopped worlds would you stay logged in forever? The odds of a swarm killing you are slim to none if you can mine rune.

Note***** This is not a question but a discussion.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Interesting points, but does anyone know for sure you log out after 1 min. If not what would happen, would you sit there getting beaten on by a swarm for ever?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Interesting points, but does anyone know for sure you log out after 1 min. If not what would happen, would you sit there getting beaten on by a swarm for ever?
Well I remember that in a duel, if you X out, it logs out after a minute. I don't know if it was changed since I don't duel but I remember it was a problem. You wouldn't stay logged in forever, it can't happen. It would eventually log out.

well eventually you'd die from the swarm, so possibility of staying logged in while they kill you, for 2-3hours? lol.

If ur in wildy though and in multi ur dead soon, if in f2p, p2p not alot pkers come through p2p rrs.

Although it depeneds where you are too.

I don't think you auto-log once screen is exited or browser. I think u stay in untl 60seconds is over after combat.

When u exit the screen, your connection is lost, and if ur not in combat u auto log, if ur being attacked ur account is like a ghost.

first off i'm pretty sure mining rune and surviving a swarm are two seperate things all together, since mining isn't indicative of combat lvl. but i digress. do swarms ever go away on their own??

AVathlete06.png

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

Some guy told me that 87% of statistics are made up or have no reliable source

No one has a forsure answer that you log out even in combat, if you do well then there is no worry, but if you don't then you stay log in, until and update?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Ok for a start, if you close the RuneScape window whilst in combat with a swarm you would be logged off after about a minute (you certainly wouldnt die(unless you had real low def/hp))...But IF you didn't then you would certainly die within 5-10 mins. What happens with me is the swarms at first don't hit, after about a minute they start hitting constant 2's. So I think that the longer the swarm stays there for the more accurate it becomes. I'm 99 defence and with torags and pretty much maxed def bonus it takes me from 96-10hp in about 7 minutes.

coza17.png

Once I buried bones and tried to log out, but didn't notice a zombie (or shade, maybe swarm, maybe even an evil chicken?) had showed up. So I don't wait for the screen to change to the login page and hit world select and went in another world. I logged in and was at low health :-s . (yes i logged out at full)

So that means that after a minute or so it automatically logs you out if you go to another screen :!:

redbullsigortiz.jpg

it is 100% sure that u logg out after a certain amount of time if u close your rs client or get disconnected. Not 100% how long, but its between 1-2min.. I got a internet which lags alot, so i get Disconnected alot, and ive even seen a friend log out while killing an abbys (he got disconnected right as he started to att, and since he is only 84 slayer, he used wild pie, and offcourse the stat went down to 84 and he hit consant 0 for about a min or 2, untill he suddenly dissapeared.) He sat in the same room as me, so there was never really any worry, since i was sure he was gonna get logged.

Lvl 109 main - retired

Currently playing:

Lvl 107 Rune pure with 99 range, 99 hp, 99 mage, 99 att, 99 str and 98 slayer

Lvl 200 Maxed with 114 dung.

Norge ruler!

In the old days, if I remember right, if you simply X-ed out the screen in the middle of a fight, your character will actually remain in the game for some time...I'm assuming it works like that in every other situation.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

if you cant get killed by your attacker, you log out on system update :P we all know how we love them wonderful things. as it is ussally during the 1 hour i am eating getting ready to leave for work, and it takes up 20-30 minutes of my playing time to get all logged back on and doing what i was doing :lol:

i think wakka is right after 1 minute you log out even if getting attacked. i have lost connection at dag kings with prayer on getting maged by prime, logged back in to be right where i was with just a little less prayer. i am not sure if this is true of a PvP matchup.

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft

This is ILLEGAL by Jagex. It's known as 'X Logging' where you hit the X, and you log out. It happens alot when running from pkers etc.

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D: