F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

I like it much better already, I'll add it to the proposal

Komodo, please make sure you note that I suggested the stat data for that set. (If I'm going to put serious thoughts into an idea like that, I at least deserve proper credit for the work!) And BTW, I see you need a name, so try "Blazer Robes". I based the name off the lines in the image on page 1 for the customed design, and the 'feeling of speed' it gives. :) ...Also, please up the Range Defense by "+2" in the numbers I provided. If we're going to have a special cape, then it needs to be added to the stat setup. :)

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think there should be more mage robes. in f2p, the mags are really powerful but are let down by defence, warriors have good atk,def and str but are not very fast. rangers have ok def and are quick. if mages got better defence robes, the wildy would be totally mage-run. i think the forces are in the balance for the mo.

Red Ducks ftw!!!!

Guest kingmanic12

Ok ok...I gotta admit this is pretty good idea. BUT, Opening up MEM items to F2P WON'T HAPPEN. Another, BUT, The new F2P armour is a good idea. And everything seems to look fine with stats and all considering most people want 50+ bonuse's on F2P. I am a MEM myself and this is a good idea. New spells thow HMM....That could be the problem because you want waves. We have them but also Ancient and Lunar. But, some of us don't have proper levels for those quests so they don't do them and yall getting any better spells for combat I THINK is out of range FOR NOW.

But still new F2P armour does seem Logical and smart considering we have to pay $5 a month and you pay nothing. Thats beside a Point but still Armour is a good idea. The next time suggest the whole game becomes free so you can get all the spells. LOL.

I am seriouce thow Armour is a GREAT IDEA! SUPPORT ARMOUR!

i don't think there should be more mage robes. in f2p, the mags are really powerful but are let down by defence, warriors have good atk,def and str but are not very fast. rangers have ok def and are quick. if mages got better defence robes, the wildy would be totally mage-run. i think the forces are in the balance for the mo.

There is unbalance, it's in the upper levels, not lower levels.

Melee is only slow if you are using a b-axe or 2h, there are speeds for weapons, scimmy is fast, thats why it's the primary wep of pkers right now, but for those with maxed out strength, its a b-axe or 2h, because they have a much Higher hit range, using pot and prayer, they can hit for 33 in f2p I believe (if they use a rune 2h, but I have to use the calc. again)

Rangers can have varying speeds too, comp bows are slower than long bows, and long bows are slower than short bows, are you starting to see what I'm getting at? there is a difference in the hitting abilities mostly (except mage, they have one speed of hitting, and they only go up so high for hit amounts in f2p, but right now, it is not high enough to compete with melee)

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

I'm sorry do be a downer, but you know this is never going to happen. Simply due to the fact that F2P is used to entice people to join P2P. A demo as you say.

Why would Jagex go about improving a DEMO when they should be focusing on their paying subscribers?

I understand you can't get all the fun you want from F2P, it is frustrating... But get P2P instead, and get more opened to you ;)

2. If you want better stuff become a member.

There are some of us who cant for assorted reasons, a few of which being:

A. Our parents won't let us.

B. We can't devote the time.

C. We don't have the money.

3. You get what you pay for.

Same statement as #2, therefore, same answer.

---

Well then, simply stop complaining, or get better parents, more time or money. Instead of playing games, work for a job or something.

4. f2p doesn't pay, so they don't deserve anything.

Apart from being just plain rude, there is a rebuttle to this. f2p pays a lot more than you think, there's like 500k+ in players out there, about 35-60% are p2p. Thats about 175,000-300,000, but 40-65% are f2p, that's 200,000-325,000. That's a lot of people to ignore, and f2p pays in a way too. Ads. Jagex also gets paid by ad companies when they put advertisement banners out, and i think that they get paid like 1/2 a cent for every person that clicks on an add. There's a lot of people viewing those banners, especially if even 1/8 of them click on the banner.

Made up statistics pl0x? Give us PROOF and REFERENCES. 40-65%, that is like 25% difference. That is 1/4.

5. p2p people are going to keep playing even if/after jagex shuts down f2p servers, so why should jagex care.

No they won't, if they've just glanced at the site before, and they saw "150,000, or 200,112" people playing currently, and then the next time they see the site it says "50,000-80,000", it's going to make them think the game isn't as good as they thought, so they won't play. also, some p2p people will stop playing just because of the fact that most of their friends were f2p, and they went to f2p servers to play the game with them

Opinion, not fact.

6. f2p is just a demo

No it isn't, it's for those people who can't afford it, can't devote the time to being members, and etc. Also, its for those people who like the game, but don't think its worth $5.00-$10.00 a month.

At the end of the day.. It IS a demo.

Why would Jagex go about improving a DEMO when they should be focusing on their paying subscribers?

Allow me to answer this with a question of my own. IF they choose not to improve F2P, why should people think P2P will be worth it? If F2P has an unbalanced combat triangle, what is to say that P2P does have a balanced one?

Well then, simply stop complaining, or get better parents, more time or money.

That made me laugh a little... You don't choose your parents, so how are you supposed to get "better" ones?

At the end of the day.. It IS a demo.

A demo wouldn't receive any updates at all, including graphical, so it is safe to say it is not a demo.

5. p2p people are going to keep playing even if/after jagex shuts down f2p servers, so why should jagex care.

This statement is actually true, for the most part. Members will continue playing if they shut down F2P. However, very few new members would join as they do not wish to pay for a game they never tried before. This does not apply to games such as W.O.W. which are surrounded by hype, and advertised to the point of it being too much.

Okay, I wouldn't normally join in a flame fest like this, but I have to respond to around the last 3 or 4 posts, all of which showed up new in my display. Here goes... <.< ... grr...

=================================

I want all of you P2P and F2P who would try to kill this idea to think very carefully about the following...:

There are P2P who would rather, just among other things, be able to PK in F2P wildy, as well as do things with friends who can't pay $5/month in F2P non-wildy. THEY LIKE THAT THEY HAVE A CHOICE, AND CAN BRING THEIR FRIENDS WITH WORSE LIFESTYLES WITH THEM!!! Do you really want to hurt all those people, which I would estimate happen to make up 35% of the P2P population, and totally wipe out Jagex's cash stack for maintaining the servers, making updates and upgrades, and handling customer support for all those who need it? (Personally, I would hope not!)

Anywho, think about it... then please quit spamming these threads with your hatred and propaganda.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

1. Flamefest over, all of you!!

2. Bump

3. Reposting this alone:

Stop spamming!

No, f2p is not a demo, it gets rare updates, and too many people play on it, including members, for it to be a demo

F2p does pay in away, though not on the same scale as members, they pay through ads, that's enough for an occasional update

This thread is not saying give everything to f2p, nor is it whining!

People will not stop being members for a balanced f2p combat triangle, they get way too much more in p2p.

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

I agree with this proposal. Magic in f2p is a bad take on the members version. Add me to that list.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

aghhhhh, another bumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't mean to sound like I'm trying to 'Mod' you, but when you bump, you should make creative comments. You will find it will help attract more people. Just like how honey attracts more bears than vinegar. :D

Just my $0.02 ...

~Mr. Devnull

Well then, simply stop complaining, or get better parents, more time or money.

I suppose I must put myself up for adoption then?

I can see one problem with this. Don't get me wrong, I support, but maybe the reason why we are stuck with lvl1 defense robes is that NO non-member would want to raise mage above 59, maybe 60 to make it look better, but besides that, they won't. It's useless unless you plan on becoming a member.

With melee and ranged, you can keep leveling, the benefits will just keep increasing (hitting higher etc.), but with mage, it stops dead at 59.

Keeping that in mind, we can see that new mage robes would be useless without a new spell. Why? Well, pures won't bother raising def to 20, so we're stuck with mains wearing it. (Unless some pure WANT to raise def to 20, but they won't as we can see with range and melee pures.)

Chances are, if you have a main, you won't go pking often with it, especially with only 20 defense, the pures would kill you. So then it would only be non-wilderness (after all, it is obvious that P2P item won't be ours, so there must be a difficult way to obtain these, and no one would want to lose it in the wildy. As we can tell with treasure trail items). It would then be for show only. Making it the equal of treasure trail items, making the price go way UP. 20 defense robes would be like studded t/g. No one ever trades that piece of worthless stuff. Jagex would have wasted their time for nothing.

I have a feeling there are some slight flaws in this idea, I just can't tell what they are. Please, tell me if you spot it. I am not trying to discourage you, but trying to make this idea better.

Hmmm, then it looks like a completed quest and 30 mage will have to be the requirements to do this idea right, Zaaps1. But until we hear from Komodo, I will have to digress and leave this hanging in midair. He began the idea, and sure, I have helped, but I can't make the final decisions on this issue by myself. :|

~Mr. Devnull