Zaspiel's Mining, Smithing, and Crafting Guide

Kaphias

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent guide. I've been doing it the hard way, mining the highest level ore I can, then coal to smelt it with. It's taken me a year to get to 77 mining, 66 smithing and 54 crafting. I've gotten burned out several times, but I think I can finish it now thanks to your guide.

Thanks for posting this and please thank Zaspiel for me.

der+enic.png

Some people seem to forget, or don't read the entire thing and say praises to the wrong person.

I have read this guide for the past two days, I was burnt out from Granite mining during the Christmas holidays but now I'm back at it. I would like to know when he decides to smith his ores, when he has enough for a Smithing level, or when he has gotten a Mining level.

This is an all around great guide and deals with a lot of different skills, this guide can even be passed on to other skills for the things Zaspiel says :)

Congrats on posting the Best Ever Written Guide by anyone :) :lol:

addymmage,Dmac690.gif

4) Why is mining at Brimhaven better than mining in Arzinia?

When you mine in Arzinia a full load is 27 ores, you need to save one space for the golden helmet. Out of those 27 ores the dwarven boatman will take 3. So you will end up with only 24 ores. If you are a low-level smith, this isn't a big deal. But at high levels, the differences are staggering.

Let's say you have level 91 smithing. For you to get to 92, you need to mine 10,933 ores. If you mine in Arzinia you will actually have to mine a total of 12,300 ores to make up for the 3 that the dwarven boatman takes away from each load. That's an extra 1,367 ores you'd have to mine... do you really want to mine an extra 1,367 ores?

Let's say you're a level 91 smith who wants to at least get to 98 smithing. To get there you need to mine 105,407 ores. If you do all this in Arzinia you will need to mine 118,583 ores instead. That's an extra 13,176 ores you'd have to mine. You will lose 740,491.2 smithing exp and 395,280 crafting exp. That's a loss of over 1 million worth of exp, it literally just disappears into thin air. If you're rich, you can basically just buy exp and none of this matters. But I am not rich, so I can't afford to buy ores or bars. And I would hate to lose over a million exp points.

Yeah, it's less ores to get, but this seems to take a LOT longer. I mean, I run to the thing, then the ring, then to the bank, then back, enter the code, blow the whistle, run back...etc.

IDK, it just seems to take a long time. Does the shorter time make up for the ores lost in Arz.?

EDIT: GREAT guide though! You might be right, I'm mining Brimhaven at the time of writing this. This should be in the AOW

cliffside1ra5.png

4) Why is mining at Brimhaven better than mining in Arzinia?

When you mine in Arzinia a full load is 27 ores, you need to save one space for the golden helmet. Out of those 27 ores the dwarven boatman will take 3. So you will end up with only 24 ores. If you are a low-level smith, this isn't a big deal. But at high levels, the differences are staggering.

Let's say you have level 91 smithing. For you to get to 92, you need to mine 10,933 ores. If you mine in Arzinia you will actually have to mine a total of 12,300 ores to make up for the 3 that the dwarven boatman takes away from each load. That's an extra 1,367 ores you'd have to mine... do you really want to mine an extra 1,367 ores?

Let's say you're a level 91 smith who wants to at least get to 98 smithing. To get there you need to mine 105,407 ores. If you do all this in Arzinia you will need to mine 118,583 ores instead. That's an extra 13,176 ores you'd have to mine. You will lose 740,491.2 smithing exp and 395,280 crafting exp. That's a loss of over 1 million worth of exp, it literally just disappears into thin air. If you're rich, you can basically just buy exp and none of this matters. But I am not rich, so I can't afford to buy ores or bars. And I would hate to lose over a million exp points.

Yeah, it's less ores to get, but this seems to take a LOT longer. I mean, I run to the thing, then the ring, then to the bank, then back, enter the code, blow the whistle, run back...etc.

IDK, it just seems to take a long time. Does the shorter time make up for the ores lost in Arz.?

EDIT: GREAT guide though! You might be right, I'm mining Brimhaven at the time of writing this. This should be in the AOW

2 things.

Just remember that I didn't write this, but I thought that it should be here so I posted it.

And...

I take Zaspiel's advice, he recently got 99 Mining, all by using the methods outlined in his guide. Look him up on the highscores sometime. Amazing stats.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Yeah, try to keep the official forum post bumped up...

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Gotta give him props...his guide is way better than mines.

In no way i am competing against you Zapiel, I am just showing tip.it my Crafting Guide.

Click Here 4 My Crafting Guide!

Yes, I Do have over 100,000+ Emails. I get about 100+ every day. Want some?

rsmining2.png

Gotta give him props...his guide is way better than mines.

In no way i am competing against you Zapiel, I am just showing tip.it my Crafting Guide.

Nice guide by the way.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

i prob spent as much time reading replies as i did the guide im 81 mining and 70 smithing and probably haven't mined in like a year :wall: dunno bout the whole gold thing but overall a great guide ... was worth the read

ps:u made me log out enough im trying 2 get 5m 4 veracs..thank alot :evil: jjking ...currently at 1.5m+whip wish me luck :wink:

i prob spent as much time reading replies as i did the guide im 81 mining and 70 smithing and probably haven't mined in like a year :wall: dunno bout the whole gold thing but overall a great guide ... was worth the read

ps:u made me log out enough im trying 2 get 5m 4 veracs..thank alot :evil: jjking ...currently at 1.5m+whip wish me luck :wink:

Good luck. Remember to have some money left over for repairs.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

To get to the Brim gold I just house teleport and run - then bank using a duel ring at castlewars. Remove enough runes to cast house tele again and rinse repeat. Is the other method using fairy rings faster?

Always buying;

Seaweed @ 400ea

Green DHides @1500ea

Blue DHides @ 1800ea

To get to the Brim gold I just house teleport and run - then bank using a duel ring at castlewars. Remove enough runes to cast house tele again and rinse repeat. Is the other method using fairy rings faster?

I don't know which is faster, as I haven't tried either method, but yours sound good as well. The only thing is, Zaspiel's method requires no runes or rings.

Also, I don't know how the get the whistle back, I'd post in H&A.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

hey Kaphias I have a video on the mining spot if u want to use it for your guide, i give permission if thats what u want

Very nice! I'll insert it somewhere and credit you.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Nice guide. Diodn't know about the gold.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

its not to long read actually

im stringin bowstrings, and while my character is stringing, i read this guide

this is the THIRD time , i read it COMPLETELY!

yep completely, this guide really owns, and i just want to know all about it :ohnoes: ::'<.<

anyway, ZASPIEL, you totally rock :ohnoes: <3:<.< :-s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Apparently none of you can multiply correctly....

300cats x 100deaths= 3,000deaths

3,000deaths=900,000gp

^^WTF?^^