Zaspiel's Mining, Smithing, and Crafting Guide

Kaphias

I read on offical, and it still rocks. It may not have motivated me to spend 1.5-2 years on 2 stats (3 if you count crafting) but it is an awesome guide!

=D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup: =D>

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word: WOW!

Brilliant guide! Loved it! I'm going to go and train smithing crafting and mining right now.

10/10

=D>

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

Great guide, but only 9/10 due to no pictures.

Very good guide, I have 600+ saphs, so I needed to mine some gold.

9/10 =D>

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I love this guide!

Right now I only have 60 Mining and 51 Smithing, and its making me want to get those skills up.

Which I'll certainly do.

9.5/10.

It would have been nice to have a few pictures.

Barrow Drops: Guthan's Helm, Karil's Crossbow.

5 Pieces of the Crystal Key so far.

I would never consider meeting people irl. Not just because of risks that they could be a 40 year old man who is only interested in the bottom half of your body.

OMG this ****** amazing!!!!! 10/10 plz tell the guy he is a legend. (sorry for the swearin but this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!)

Too bad im f2p :(

laguna.jpg

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Good guide!

But I prefer C balls and gold ore mining for levels.

Is that just me?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

One of the most usefull guide ever. Gold is a long but effective route.

I focus on smithing, and mining/crafting are rewarded.

For the gold usage : think about plain gold bracelets that give more money than amys and do not need to be strung. Of course alching enchanted gem jewels is nice.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Looks like I'm going to have to update this, as some methods are out of date.

Hopefully Zaspiel still has it up on the RSOF.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide. Good detail.

I wish you'd talk about smithing guides for f2p. I'm lvl 68 smithing imagine getting there in f2p. gah! I mine, smelt and smith steel mainly. I don't think there are a huge cluster of gold rocks in f2p - worthwhile using.

Meh i usually play another game at the same time so time goes by fast.

Ah this awesome guide I read before, it was good, I'll just suggest better things to add to its beauty, if it has not been added by previous posters within the last 8 pages.

The amulets can be high alched instead of sold. They high alch for 210 gp. This means in order for you to profit from high alching your amulets, you MUST make your own nature runes. Since nature runes sell for 300 gp each, you won't make a profit if you buy your nature runes. Ultimately I do plan on crafting 80K nature runes and high alching all of them. But this won't be until after I achieve 99 smithing.

Wait, don't do this yet. If you have at least 82 rc, there is potential more magic exp out of this. Craft your own astrals and use string jewellery spell on them, this spell works like alch, 1 set of runes for each ammy, clicking this spell with 27 ammies in inventory, your character starts casting the spell 27 times for each number of ammies in inventory, working like afking alching. Value of ammy remains unchanged. That makes (83+65) magic exp for an ammy with an additional 4 crafting exp for stringing.

If you have finished the Legends quest, you can make golden bowls with the gold bars. You need 2 gold bars to make 1 golden bowl. When you use up 2 gold bars to make 1 gold bowl, you get an additional 30 smithing exp. So this actually comes out to 71.2 smithing exp per ore, instead of 56.2 smithing exp per ore.

You first click on the gold bar, then click on the anvil. Then you get an option that says, "Make bowl?". Then you click yes, and you will smith 1 bowl. You must go through this procedure every time. The bowls high alch for 420 gp.

Major flaw in this method, gold bowls from that quest can't be noted, making alching a major inconvenience. There are two forms of failing, mainly wasting one or two bars, so just bring 27 bars, I have yet to found any relationship to whether you will fail and waste 1 or 2 bars yet.

that blast furnace method...i tried it and i always can only make 4 plates then have 4 bars left...what do i do?

p.s i can record the method if you'd like

As I have said before, I haven't tried the Blast Furnace, and I don't have the best of ideas how it works. Either read Tip.It's guide, or post in H&A.

Use the AOW guide on soloing the blast furnace. For statistics, You smelt, smith and alch approximately 430 mith ores (in plates), that's around 35k/hr, with a profit of 400-600 per plate. You would have higher ore smelt/hr with steel.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.