What would you do? Hypothetical scenario

Viktorkrum77

Apart from the usual telling people how much I love them, visiting all the places I've ever wanted to see, do all the things I've ever wanted to do...etc. I would print up a whole load of "ViktorKrumm77 rules" t-shirts and distribute them all over the world. :wink:

We need a whole bunch 'Suzi Angel is your Baby' shirts too. :P

...I can see you are being very productive with your limited resources <.< .

I would spend as much time with my loved ones as possible. Then, I might go find Nadril, bring some of my friends and family as well as supplies, and we will be the most 1337 underground storm bunker around.

Unfortunately all the elite underground storm bunkers are owned by people of high power.

I'd either build a city on the ocean floor, or travel to the submerged city of Atlantis and live with them. If the former, I'd take plenty of people and books with me so that we can repopulate the earth and preserve thousands of years of culture. Once the storms subside, we'll move back to the surface.

Thinking literally, what would you do for oxygen? And food for that matter.

We'd use machines that harvest oxygen from the water, of course. How do you think the Atlanteans have survived for thousands of years down there? For that matter, how do you think fish breathe?

Of course, we'd also use the water to produce electricity, and we could catch fish and grow various types of seaweed for food. We'd have to have a strong structure to keep the water out of the actual city, secure locking mechanisms for getting to the farms and powerplant outside of the city, and plenty of breathing apparatuses for when we're outside of the city.

Very big problem here. This city won't survive for even 3 years, unless there's some super strong material I havn't heard of.

Basically, this is way past our technology level. The city would be under constant external pressure, rocks may fall on top of the city, the ground cracks beneath it, etc. etc. Oh and we could probably only get out of it with submarines, the best scuba diving suits only go 500ft I think.

I'd ring my mate Superman. He can do anything right? :P

Thats right, I can do anything................anything :roll:

Yeah right... Keep working on that kryptonite immunity.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd use machines that harvest oxygen from the water, of course. How do you think the Atlanteans have survived for thousands of years down there? For that matter, how do you think fish breathe?

Of course, we'd also use the water to produce electricity, and we could catch fish and grow various types of seaweed for food. We'd have to have a strong structure to keep the water out of the actual city, secure locking mechanisms for getting to the farms and powerplant outside of the city, and plenty of breathing apparatuses for when we're outside of the city.

Very big problem here. This city won't survive for even 3 years, unless there's some super strong material I havn't heard of.

Yes it will, because yes there is.

Basically, this is way past our technology level. The city would be under constant external pressure, rocks may fall on top of the city, the ground cracks beneath it, etc. etc. Oh and we could probably only get out of it with submarines, the best scuba diving suits only go 500ft I think.

You obviously know nothing of Atlantean technology.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Unfortunately all the elite underground storm bunkers are owned by people of high power.

You guys are lucky I'm here than. 8-)

Only one rule for the bunker, NO FAT CHICKS.

:oops:

:lol: Surely mine and Nadril's combined power will be enough to secure a 1337 underground storm bunker.

3898000bYVcx.png

:lol: Surely mine and Nadril's combined power will be enough to secure a 1337 underground storm bunker.

Your not a fat chick are you?...

... *runs* :shock: :oops: :shock:

I'm not a fat chick. :D

3898000bYVcx.png

I'm not a fat chick. :D

yay! :D

viscous storms

Syrup storms? Storms of molasses? Or is it more of a porridge viscosity? I need to have answers before I can formulate my reply.

Hilarious .. seriously, that was great. :)

Anyway, I would do things that you couldn't do before the collapse of the government of course ...

I'd rob banks, go on killing sprees, things like that. Seems messed up but meh.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I would just stay at home and do nothing. I know I would be totally safe because the place where I live has a strange ability to be missed by any serious/cool weather events. I suppose we might get heavy rains and winds out of these storms but the worst and coolest of it would just head out to sea.

I am immune to krptonite, my only weakness is.....Doughnuts

Ah well then your perfectly Fine! Donut King closed down due to the heavy storms. ::'

Save me oh Jemathonical! :P

Yes it will, because yes there is.

You obviously know nothing of Atlantean technology.

What material is it?

I don't know anything about Atlantean technology, why don't you give me a link?

I would just stay at home and do nothing. I know I would be totally safe because the place where I live has a strange ability to be missed by any serious/cool weather events. I suppose we might get heavy rains and winds out of these storms but the worst and coolest of it would just head out to sea.

...I hope you're kidding. This isn't a short duration storm. This is 15 years, if you want to die I'm not stopping you lol.

Move everyone south to buy some time, build shelters and stockpile food. Hope everyone/ most people survive until the storms blow over.

And perhaps... :pray: :pray: :pray:

...Again...15 years? Best thing is to find a suitable food source you can grow.

@lawrencekill: Viktorkrum77's initial post talks only of weather. So unless earth quakes suddenly fall under that (which were never mentioned); a sea-bed city will survive a storm above the surface.

Also; materials already exist to withstand pressure at extreme depth; metals and glass work so long as they are thick enough. How else do you explain deep sea submarines not shriviling up like prunes :P

Um i live in aus so id have a while. Id probly just gather alot of food and move away from the coast (because i live near there and storms are alot worse there). Id then procced to build an underground shelter a fair way underground and bring in animals etc.. (kinda like an underground noahs ark) and use hydroponics (sp?) to grow food for me and the animals. Once the storms are over come out and re build society 8-)

Um i live in aus so id have a while. Id probly just gather alot of food and move away from the coast (because i live near there and storms are alot worse there). Id then procced to build an underground shelter a fair way underground and bring in animals etc.. (kinda like an underground noahs ark) and use hydroponics (sp?) to grow food for me and the animals. Once the storms are over come out and re build society 8-)
going to need a lot of water and power for that; guess which one most of our country is a little short on atm <.<

...I hope you're kidding. This isn't a short duration storm. This is 15 years, if you want to die I'm not stopping you lol.

Nope not kidding. The storm would just blow right past :)

Not even a 15 year storm would be much of a problem for where I live. I hope I would get a few decent floods out of it :D

Would be good for the local streams. Maybe it would rain enough to allow trout to survive in my creek again.

going to need a lot of water and power for that; guess which one most of our country is a little short on atm

WATER! do I get a cookie?

:pray: please rain!! :pray:

cookie.jpg

xxxx_bottles.jpg

I don't give an X X X X what you think rick! I mean if theses gonna be someone that takes control of all the Water & Power then there will people to try to fight against that.

TankGirlsTank.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

going to need a lot of water and power for that; guess which one most of our country is a little short on atm

WATER! do I get a cookie?

:pray: please rain!! :pray:

cookie.jpg

xxxx_bottles.jpg

A cookie AND a drop of Queensland's finest? How lucky can you get. :P

Was it really neccesary to have the 3 quotes and 2 pictures in your reply?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

spam up the forum to see how high i can get my post count :twisted:

just joking

i would probably do something iv never done before...like eat curry or something ::'

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard