Guide To Making desktop Shortcuts to runescape worlds

Bradley_006

To clear this up yet again (I believe I posted here once before :-k ) - When the rule was changed earlier this year, Jagex had to clear up a lot of confusion regarding the intent of the rule. Its intent was to prohibit bypassing using programs specifically created for that purpose (and also types of stat sigs but most people seem to forget that part). Since the game is browser based and this launches it in a browser window, it doesn't involve 3rd party software nor is it what they were referring to when they changed the rule.

We visited this whole line of debate when the rule was first altered and took pains to make sure of what was and was not permissible.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clear this up yet again (I believe I posted here once before :-k ) - When the rule was changed earlier this year, Jagex had to clear up a lot of confusion regarding the intent of the rule. Its intent was to prohibit bypassing using programs specifically created for that purpose (and also types of stat sigs but most people seem to forget that part). Since the game is browser based and this launches it in a browser window, it doesn't involve 3rd party software nor is it what they were referring to when they changed the rule.

We visited this whole line of debate when the rule was first altered and took pains to make sure of what was and was not permissible.

Quoting Jagex on rule 7:

"What do you mean by "software"?

Software means any type of software, including: downloadable software (e.g an [Caution: Executable File] file), or web-based software (e.g a website set up to perform a similar function with flash, java, javascript or serverside scripts)."

The html code in this guide counts as 3rd party software, which is being used for the purpose of bypassing the normal navigation of the website.

This is as legal as the worldswitcher i wrote in html a year ago before the rule change, i'm sure that would be removed if i posted it here.

Ask anyone and they'll tell you this is against the rules:

http://world2rs.com/

Well that is exactly what this is.

i have found out that the code you put for the worlds is high detail .eg.

http://ul8.runescape.com/l0,p0,j0 - world 2 HIGH detail

that is for high detail if you want low detail put /l1,p0,j0 instead of /l0,p0,j0 so the world 2 low detail would be

http://ul8.runescape.com/l1,p0,j0 - world 2 LOW detail

hope this helps as some people do prefer low detail :thumbsup: like me because i lagg to much in high :wall:

81147627af7.jpg

Thanks Hatebringer for the awesome siggeh :)

rank2runemonkey.png

^ I got bored ;)

My blog is win <3

Quoting Jagex on rule 7:

Software means any type of software, including: downloadable software (e.g an [Caution: Executable File] file), or web-based software (e.g a website set up to perform a similar function with flash, java, javascript or serverside scripts)."

The html code in this guide counts as 3rd party software, which is being used for the purpose of bypassing the normal navigation of the website.

This is as legal as the worldswitcher i wrote in html a year ago before the rule change, i'm sure that would be removed if i posted it here.

Ask anyone and they'll tell you this is against the rules:

http://world2rs.com/

Well that is exactly what this is.

The site you mention is illegal because it is not your own personal link into the worlds, making it "3rd party."

Taken from Rule 7:

It must not bypass the normal navigation of our website for users wishing to reach the game worlds. The software should initially only point at the front page of http://www.runescape.com, and should require the user to navigate through the website normally to reach the game worlds. The software must not contain or acquire direct links to our "Select a world" page, or to our game world pages, or to the RuneScape applet.

• 2 weeks later...
Quoting Jagex on rule 7:

Which would include all web browsers too if you want to take this rule to extremes.

Listen, I appreciate your stance on the matter. I personally don't use it because I'm perfectly fine with waiting for my turn to enter a full world, HOWEVER... We didn't just arbitrarily choose to allow this. We got clarification from Jagex on multiple things when the rules were updated this year. I'd list them but that would be a bit repetitive at this point since people refuse to take what I say at face value. :? So unless Andrew Gower personally contacts you contradicting what has been told to us previously, please stop reporting this topic.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

I did it, but since I like keeping my desktop clean (so I don't view my shortcuts) I just put the link with a few other icons beside the start-button.

I also found a cool icon, with a world and an arrow pointing at it :)

Thanks for the guide! :)

i have done everthing you said i even saved it as .htm but when i paste the url and enter i get back to the rs home page. is this because i don't have firefox??

+ 1 idk :S, maybe because I have RuneScape under "Trusted Sites"?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Previously i only gave the low detail links.

I now give both detail links for you to choose from! Check it out in my first post.

Also added more pictures to make it easier to explain.

Rock on, man! I didn't know how to find the links for low details but since you posted, I have experienced less lag!!!

We appreciate what you did, copying and pasting the links to all the worlds again :-k