Are there skills enough?

SwreeTak

In RuneScape there is currently 23 skills, 15 free to play ones, and 8 members only skills.

Do you think this is a good amount of skills in RuneScape? Or are they to many? Or to few?

Please don't make this a thread about if these skills are good or bad, or what new skills JAGeX should put in the game.

This should only be about the amount of skills, not about the skills themselves. There are already alot of topics about the skills themselves, so don't post things like that in here.

Happy posting :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I believe that there's enough skills in Runescape. If there were too many, it would be very complicated, and very time-consuming. If there wasn't enough, the game would eventually start loosing players.

Jagex still has room for one more skill in the player interface, let's hope it's a good one! :thumbsup:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I think theres to many. In WoW you can only have 2 besides first aid, cooking and fishing. :)

heh2lh9.png

hehjv4.png

:mrgreen:

And this to anyone who thinks WoW is better.... compare numbers?

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

I think theres to many. In WoW you can only have 2 besides first aid, cooking and fishing. :)

heh2lh9.png

hehjv4.png

lol +1 for runescape!

i think there arnt too many skills... but runescape is made for solo play and wow is a real team play game...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

heh2lh9.png

hehjv4.png

Well... You can't really compare RS and WOW. kthxbyegetlostnub

It has been agreed, in a large MMORPG convention, that the only thing that makes WoW seem better than Runescape is the graphics.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

It has been agreed, in a large MMORPG convention, that the only thing that makes WoW seem better than Runescape is the graphics.

+ 1.

if jagex would to have a huge massive update that would equal its graphics to that of WoW ... blizzard would lose much of its income. but still, it is mostly impossible. we are looking at jagex and its game engine which is based on java.

on topic: i think there are just enough skills. not too little for over 50% of the population to finish the game. but not too many to congest our game screen. but don't you think its getting albeit squeezy in our cosy inventory?

Theres too many in my opinion, I personally feel that Jagex should have stopped after Farming, since I really see no point in the Hunter Skill.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

+ 1.

if jagex would to have a huge massive update that would equal its graphics to that of WoW ... blizzard would lose much of its income. but still, it is mostly impossible. we are looking at jagex and its game engine which is based on java.

on topic: i think there are just enough skills. not too little for over 50% of the population to finish the game. but not too many to congest our game screen. but don't you think its getting albeit squeezy in our cosy inventory?

I think that there is enough skills. Though from my perspective there are only 15 skills, and the graphics can't be upgraded while runescape is a web browser game.

heh2lh9.png

hehjv4.png

Well... You can't really compare RS and WOW. kthxbyegetlostnub

Why can't you? They are both MMORPGs. It's just like saying you can't compare a Honda to a Rolls Royce, there are tons of things you can compare about them. :roll:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

^^Those numbers made my day. :lol:

IMO there were enough skills stopping at Farming, Construction and Hunter are pointless add-ons. I really hate how POHs can be a skill...It should be based of cash, like 45k for a set of teak chairs. Hunting should be some sort of mini-game.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well, I'm free to play at the moment, but to me it seems like if the last few skills were better then people would want more skills. I don't think because you didn't like the last few skills that we should get no more. (although, as a side note: I love the idea of Construction and I'm saving lots of gee pees for it and am getting members just for it. :thumbsup: )

heh2lh9.png

hehjv4.png

Runescape has 3m players, WoW has 8m

Runescape takes 5$ wow takes $15...i think if theres 8m people paying $15 a month then its alot better than 3m paying $5

siggd7.jpg

I don't believe there can ever be too many skills.

Yeah, they're not all combat related, but they don't have to be.

Sometimes the game can get a little dull so it's nice to have a huge range of skills to work on.

Please don't compare it to other games... it doesn't have to be LIKE other game. RS is unique, and there's no rule that says a game should only have a set number of skills.

You have to admit, the most exciting release is always a new skill, regardless of what it is.

There's room for plenty of more skills to come, and I hope Jagex aren't shy in releasing them.

Harrington.gif

heh2lh9.png

hehjv4.png

Runescape has 3m players, WoW has 8m

Runescape takes 5$ wow takes $15...i think if theres 8m people paying $15 a month then its alot better than 3m paying $5

Runescape has 10m players actually, just 9m don't pay. :P I really wish people would check out statistics instead of guessing. And because you just guessed that, I'm going to take your WoW figure with a pinch of salt.