Low Levels, why do you come to PC?

Defender2516

The obvious reason for a low level to come to PC is (of course) for the experience. My confusion is, why do low levels show up? Between levels of 40-60.

Now you may be thinking i'm just hating on low levels right? Wrong.

Pest Control is a team based game.. and inless they contribute.. IMO they are kinda leaching. What do you mean, you ask? Well think about it. That level 40-60 could be replaced by a level 80 or 90 or 100.

Can a group of 25 level 40's win PC? I would honestly say no. And anyone else here would have to agree as there are tons of groups between 60-80 loosing most of the time. The level 100 monster spawns would pwn them bad!

But just because they aren't quite contributing combat wise doesn't mean they can, there is always other stuff like repairing the defenses, leading monsters astray, and even using the melee to block the rangers/magic monsters who fling their arrows at the balanced knight.

Mainly, seeing low levels annoys me. It only slows the progress down of winning, and seeing as they don't have high stats anyway, the experience is not all that worth while i'm sure. 40x40 = 1600 divided by 6 = 266 a point. Any creature with 50 hp can give you that.. if you just go to em and kill em! That will probably be faster for you than actually playing pest control.

Usually they are the one's who kill my spider friend who just happens to be saving the knights life.. so they can get those precious xp they came for in the first place.. The conversation usually goes like this.

Me: "Don't please"

lvl 40: *continues to attack*

Me: Stop!

lvl 40: *continues to attack*

Me: (enter player name here) Please stop attacking the spider!

lvl 40: *continues to attack* why?

*Spider Dies*

lvl 40: Lol noob.

*Knight Dies*

And people honestly do wonder why high levels search for ONLY high level parties.. its not just because of the level but because of actually knowing how to play the game..

Btw, i'm not a noob. I"m level 104. If all you high levels feel me out there, sign this please. :mrgreen:

By the way, this is not a rant, just a dicussion on why low levels come to PC? By the way, no offense low levels <3: We still love your annoying selfs!

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... :-k

pures need exp too,

and i never can tell what 5 pures do to a game, as long as they stay and protect the void knight

edit: i can understand ranting about somebody that just closes gates, but still, that's one person right?

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

Well, its kinda hard to explain.

Low levels seem to be oblvious to everything around them except for the concept of attacking things.

You could go up to a level 40 while he is attacking and say "hello" and get no response..

Their could be 100 monsters all lined up waiting to attack the knight.. while all the level 40 see's is a monster to attack so he.. *gasps* opens the gate..

Lvl 40: Huh? How did we lose?

>.<

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Low levels seem to be oblvious to everything around them except for the concept of attacking things.

You could go up to a level 40 while he is attacking and say "hello" and get no response..

Their could be 100 monsters all lined up waiting to attack the knight.. while all the level 40 see's is a monster to attack so he.. *gasps* opens the gate..

>.<

~Defender~

Rofl true, so true. But the lower levels do fill up the boats...probably only good thing about them.

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.

>.<

~Defender~

Rofl true, so true. But the lower levels do fill up the boats...probably only good thing about them.

thats good?

But what about the unlucky ones between 60 and 90 who get excluded on the same basis? :-k Not to mention the rare but existant low levels who have an iq above 50...

Owner of quest cape since December of 2006

wherzwaldo1.png

>.<

~Defender~

thats good?

Yeah, at least I believe it is :P

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.

The obvious reason for a low level to come to PC is (of course) for the experience. My confusion is, why do low levels show up? Between levels of 40-60.

For experience.

You have no right to tell people what to do in the game, get over it.

lulz @ rs

For experience.

You have no right to tell people what to do in the game, get over it.

i didnt realize he was telling anyone to do anything, i mean it might be my lack of understanding the english language when he said please.

... :-k

pures need exp too,

and i never can tell what 5 pures do to a game, as long as they stay and protect the void knight

edit: i can understand ranting about somebody that just closes gates, but still, that's one person right?

Pures and low lvl morons are different

low lvl moron - runs around hitting 0s on 32 shifters

pure - usually knows what they're doing and can hit fairly decent but dies alot

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

There's really not much to ask here. Why does anyone go to PC? For the easy levels. What you're thinking is that they slow you down.

I don't think that they're entirely at fault. Just because you gave them a directive (which, mind you, is only loosely enforceable at best), does not mean that they are or were at fault for losing that game. Often times, friends have told me that the higher levels were the ones that did dumber things and were less coherent than the lower levels were.

You also have to understand that while separate clans for Pest Control may help you get up higher and quicker, it also detracts heavily from the spirit of the game. They try and join up to gain the same benefits that you have -- who gave you or a group of people the right to take that away from them?

I realise I'm ranting now, so I'll stop with the rhetoric. I hope you can see my point.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

If you dont like the lower levels suck it up or dont play it at all.There arent

that many lower levels in castle wars or in the higher barbarian asault waves besides a couple level 40s or 50s isnt the end of the world.Heck im lvl 60 and im not that nooby just because there are a few newbs playin doesnt mean we all are.

Chuck norris's beard hair grants you imortality

but then the razor sharp hair will rip holes in

your intestine's and you will die a painful death

I played like 20 games with "lower levels" and sucked it up.

We won 3 games in a hour or 3 points. (Fast experience eh?)

Then I switched worlds and found some higher level players, and won about 20 games in 30 minutes.

If level 40's want to play.. so be it, but i'm going to be hoppin with the rest of the 90+ peeps in a attempt to avoid them. #-o

So yup, level 40's will have to "suck it up" and play without us.

It can go in a 2 way street freebird_forever22.

The idea that not all low level players are oblvious/dumb/moron is true. The reality of finding such people? 1 in 1,000.

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Why low levels come to PC? Kinda simple:

They track down the world where all the high levels are and then they "protect" the knight even though there is no need for doing so. Then they get their 50 damage and just wait for the higher levels to do the work. And then they get very good experience considering their level.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.