Adult Players!!

drgnrider708

i am a adult and play this simple game to relax, i don't haveto pay to play it(i do pay atm) and it can be played anywhere with a net connection without a massive download.

i play simply because i was disabled and unable to work, now i am fit and just job hunting (and playing games)

there are many adult around, we just don't shout our names out into general public that we are grown up as such.

99 is the tipit ptp world so you get to see alot of the regulars (esp edgeville), but tbh being adult doesn't always mean that they are mature. i know alot of mature kids that play.

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I look at the way you type etc, I seriously doubt that you are 51...

There is very little relation between typing skill and age. My 70 something grandmother can type like a pro, my father (45) types exactly like the OP, and my mother (42) types like a 3 year old. I'm 20 and I'd like to think that I fall somewhere in the "decent" range when it comes to typing skill.

Now on topic, sadly there isn't an "adult world". It would be nice though, allowing mature players to not have to deal with "children". Maybe Jagex should open a few 18+ worlds and loosen up their stupid censor program (but knowing Jagex need for total control that isn't likely to happen).

I think you may expect a sertain amount of maturity from older players. I.e., I would refrain from things like a lot of exclemation marks and such. Second, if 2 people do something, it doesn't mean that all do so NOR that they should.

99/99 Mage - Achieved 23/07/2007

99/99 Ranged - Achieved 20/12/2007

93/99 Defence

Either way, typing skill has almost nothing to do with age...

To add to the topic: I'm 23 and in university - I balance my life out so even with this game I have free time. Anyone and everyone who wants to play has the right to do so and I don't think its up to anyone to judge whether they can play...

No, there's no world that I'm aware of that is an "adult-oriented" world, but like others said (though I don't know) try world 99! Apparently its the Tip.It homeworld :P

I'm only 13, and although I sometimes goof off, I try to keep from acting like a 5 year old. I dislike "1337-speak", and have no patience for those who type with too many exclamation points and terrible spelling. After all, if you don't bother spelling correctly, what your saying must not be very important. I'm sorry to admit I've had my share of silly arguments in RuneScape, although I try to avoid name calling (i.e. pixel hugger, idiot, jerk, etc). I admit I am on the computer a lot, (as my name shows), but I do not let RS run my life. I still remember a conversation I had with a level 50 something a while back (I'm level 96, and at the time was wearing whip, rune defender, berserker... standard stuff, but nothing really expensive)

Him: (in the middle of seer bank, while I'm fletching) Buying ranarr seeds 14k ea!

Me: Most people sell ranarr seeds 20-25k

Him: noob i buy them 14 ea i got tons!

(trades and shows me 23 ranarr seeds)

(I offer the 4.7m cash I had in inventory at the time)

Him: ur a n00b pixel hugger!

(follows me around for the next half hour, talking about how I'm a stuipd pixel hugger that is a n00b and has never come out of my basement, with many starred out words in between)

This has happened to me all tol many times in RuneScape. The problem with a "more mature" server is that sooner or later, some immature kids would come on it and disrupt it for a joke. A few guidelines for helping keep RS from deteriorating:

Don't insult someone just because they have higher stats/money then you.

Never call a person a "pixel hugger" or a "person with no life". Remember, those people are not just computer characters with no feelings; there is a real live person behind each computer screen. Except for macros, but that's another story...

Try not to get involved in an argument with someone over something stupid (i.e. his killing you in castle wars)

Sorry if i have bad spelling/grammar, I try to type neatly and not use too many abbreviations/emoticons. A few emoticons can lighten up a post, though. :D

Don't try to force what your selling on people. I can't count the times I've been in lumby, only to have someone following me trading constantly saying "trade plz", then offering 14 fire runes or other junk and saying "wanna buy"? This can get really annoying when your buying/selling stuff or talking to friends.

Edit:

Just had a run-in with another inconsiderate in Edgeville bank

Him: Buying games necklace 20k!

(I only had one games necklace, but I figured I'd gladly sell for 20k)

Me: (trades him)

Him: (offers 5k and accepts)

Me: You said 20k

Him: Noob! Get a life u moron!

Me: Huh?

Him: (walks away after insulting me a few more times)

(Sorry if I bored you with long post)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

1: 8-) World 99 is the official tip.it world. Say HYT (Hey You Tip.iter) and see if anyone responds.

Hey, are we F2P's on world 7 (Official Tip.It F2P Home World) some kind of "Chopped Liver" or something? <.<

(Sorry if I bored you with long post)

Nah, you didn't bore me. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

If the same ratio holds true for Runescape as a whole, that would mean there are about 50,000 members, and about 100K F2Pers.

And how many adult PK'ers is that? :-k :ohnoes:

I mean, gawd, haven't adults got something better to do than PK five year olds? :-s

This game is ment for fun, its ment so that you can enjoy your self. No matter what your age is. This game is intended to be played by ages 13 and up, which means that this game is not intended/made/supposed to be played by younger people.

Which means that adults have every right to play this game as you do. They can do what they like in the game (within reasons) and you have no authority (sp) to stop them.

Please, stop spamming and making a fool of your self. You are totaly wrong on the subject which you spoke of, so just stop now while you can.

Nicely said!

untitled6kv7.gif

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

**The Old Nite has died of cancer.Please add this to your signature so we will remember this legendary runescaper.**

I'm 29 and play mostly at night after my wife goes to sleep. I usually play on world 99 because its the tip.it p2p world. As people here would guess, I keep my age a closely guarded secret in game (which I'm ruining now, but I've come to trust this website for the most part) for all the reasons people have guessed...if you want to add me, feel free.

And if you want to help me with my Fremnick riddle that has been solved by 10,000 nine year olds, feel free too (its in another thread in this section).

Elvarg the Magic Dragon, Lives by the sea...

He spends his days eating folk, And dies occasionally

Champion-Hero-Legend

Children believe that adults are the ones that are working and don't have time to play a game like Runescape. And well, I could understand them, afterall their parents aren't probably interested in games either. So they think that it's strange when an adult is playing a game like Runescape.

Anyway, why would you tell your age to other players? I wouldn't tell my age, unless I can really trust that person (Jagex even created a rule about this). In fact, I dont mind about the age of a player. A 40-year old player could be acting very childish, while a younger player could be acting very mature. That's why I'm never really interested in the age of a player.

Interested in my age? Just guess \'

3: :thumbsup: I'm from Class of 1969 youngster. I can speel pretty good if I put on my glasses.

O rly now?

I'm 21, I work and so does my wife. We both enjoy sharing runescape together... (the fun, not the items. >.>; ). We both have lives, we're regularly out with friends. (Yay bowling).

We both just prefer something more... Interactive than TV, so rather than cable tv, we just have two computers, one cruddy one for files and runescape, and other other for "leet games" and streaming all the tv thingies we'd watch, and just watch them any time we want.

Ethiery.gif

A man who doesn't read, is no smarter than a man who can't read.

What amazes me is the difference between communicating in real life and in game. Can you honestly say you believe a 10 year old coming to you and saying you are perverted? It's funny how the game loses limits for children. No respect anymore.

Anyway, I don't know about adult worlds. You can find quite a few of us by accident though. And the best thing I can suggest concerning children is to just be patient and act your own age, not go down on their level of maturity.

I know there is a clan for adults, can't recall the name though atm.

sig.gif

While I was reading this, I was overhearing a conversation on rs full of childish words like 'tooted' and 'poo'. Adults (the ones that act mature) are pretty good company, but there's also some kids that are pretty good company too. So basically.... I think adults have every right to play this game (this is in response to a post i forgot to quote) and kids freaking out at the adults ages is just.... Wierd. Kids are not the only people with the right to play this game.

untitled6kv7.gif

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

**The Old Nite has died of cancer.Please add this to your signature so we will remember this legendary runescaper.**

agreed that there are a good number of adults playing the game and also that finding them is probably a little harder,

playing on any one world long enough i guess you'd get to know people of a similar mind.

haven't tried 99 myself though, yet...

some kids also probably don't realise that they're not the first to start playing computer games and that most adults have either grown up with them, or started playing them, back in the 80s. Some of us just never stopped! :oops:

Glad to hear that I'm not the only adult player (I'm 36) who's been subject to abuse from dumb kids because of their age.

Recently I've been playing mostly on world 7 and have noticed players there are much more polite and friendly regardless of their ages.

dbhibs.png

I know several adults on RS. Most of them are better company than people my age that play. Yet most people i know on rs are older than me, and live in other countries. My dad plays (he's a bit of a noob :lol: ), he plays late at night, i would say that is the time most do. Unless they are at work. I'm 14 and hate people who insult others for no reason.

When I look at the way you type etc, I seriously doubt that you are 51...

There is very little relation between typing skill and age. My 70 something grandmother can type like a pro, my father (45) types exactly like the OP, and my mother (42) types like a 3 year old. I'm 20 and I'd like to think that I fall somewhere in the "decent" range when it comes to typing skill.

Now on topic, sadly there isn't an "adult world". It would be nice though, allowing mature players to not have to deal with "children". Maybe Jagex should open a few 18+ worlds and loosen up their stupid censor program (but knowing Jagex need for total control that isn't likely to happen).

ha noob u said u were 51 and then later said ur dad is 45 and ur mother 42 owned noob ur just a kid!

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

ha noob u said u were 51 and then later said ur dad is 45 and ur mother 42 owned noob ur just a kid!

More like you just "pwned" yourself... Want to know how? You took aim at the wrong person, and even more, didn't understand the thread context. :lol:

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

More like you just "pwned" yourself... Want to know how? You took aim at the wrong person, and even more, didn't understand the thread context. :lol:

~Mr. Devnull

Oh, so nice! :lol:

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

There are clans who mainly have adult members. There are other more or less loose associations for adults. Usually the knowledge about it is spread from person to person, friends to friends, to friends of friends.

Yes, adults are a big part of the runescape players :)

Gugge, I could use some more info about these 'clans'.. :D

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

Is there any worlds where the adults hang out,,,,,,ALL the rooms in my region seem to have nothing but 13 to 17 year olds,,,,,,,Im beginning to feel like Im the oldest person(51) playing this game!!! :anxious:

^drgnrider708^

^yerxa^

:-w :-w :-w :roll: :roll: :roll:

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

I'm always pleasantly surprised by the amount of adults that play this game. I don't know many of them myself though, I picked up the game thanks to the youngsters who visit the computer centre where I work. I started playing the game to check if it was okay and to find out why it caught their fancy so much, but unfortunately I also got as addicted to RS as they are :D. However, instead of getting flamed by them, they seem to think I'm pretty cool for an "old woman" (25), playing a guys' game.

There is no designated adult world, and I don't really think it would work very well if there was. It would be filled with either immature idiots who want to spoil the other players' fun or cocky idiots who think they're oh so adult. Adult clans, individual contacts and world 99 seem to be the way to go.

"Adult World" sounds like XXX l0l.

Sounds like you need to "get your head out of the gutter", as the old saying goes... We seriously didn't mean it that way. <.<

~Mr. Devnull

Umm, good job with the math there, but I'm not the OP and never once said I was 51. In fact, if you bothered to read the post that you quoted, you would have saw that I posted that I'm 20.