The Photo of the month! -May's Theme: Unity-

woopidoo2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, ill vote for dementedhero's pictures for both manipulated and unmanipulated. i knew my vote wouldnt waver with those two pictures :lol: =D>

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

Sorry for the late votes - I've been pretty busy myself. :D

So for the unmanipulated image I vote for

DementedHero's entry - Sleeping Cat. It just has so much character in my opinion.

And the manipulated image I'm voting for is xvillexvalox - Bird. It's simply fantastic.

Updated.

About the new theme,

(Good, I have your attention :) )

I was thinking about Panorama.

Is this ok with everyone, I dont know if everyone has ever tried it, or has a tripod to make one. (I have never made one myself, thats why I thought it would be nice to try it in a competition.)

Opinions please!

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

Updated.

About the new theme,

Is this ok with everyone, I dont know if everyone has ever tried it, or has a tripod to make one. (I have never made one myself, thats why I thought it would be nice to try it in a competition.)

Opinions please!

Might be a bit advanced for some people.

But I'd love to do it myself, I've never tried one, But I'll have to learn some day anyway.

If I can vote too, I vote for the tiger. <3:

You've written that wrong.

Un-manipulated: ?

Manipulated: ?

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

I dont know if everyone has ever tried it, or has a tripod to make one. (I have never made one myself, thats why I thought it would be nice to try it in a competition.)

Opinions please!

:-w I'd like that, I'm going hinking this weekend for boyscouts, supposed to be nice with waterfallls and stuff, it's for tif, my friends will understand. ::'

Updated.

About the new theme,

Opinions please!

Might be a bit advanced for some people.

But I'd love to do it myself, I've never tried one, But I'll have to learn some day anyway.

If I can vote too, I vote for the tiger. <3:

You've written that wrong.

Un-manipulated: ?

Manipulated: ?

Ah yes, my bad. Then I vote Un-manipulated

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

Oh man, I love photo contests! Totally joining in on this. New theme ideas? Cool ones I saw in the past were "far, far away" and "What...the...heck..."

The first one leaves a lot up to interpretation (Egypt, mountains, skylines, stars?), and the second one is just fun to do. They can all be so random yet without question still in the theme.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Oh man, I love photo contests! Totally joining in on this. New theme ideas? Cool ones I saw in the past were "far, far away" and "What...the...heck..."

The first one leaves a lot up to interpretation (Egypt, mountains, skylines, stars?), and the second one is just fun to do. They can all be so random yet without question still in the theme.

trapical! I cant stop remembering that avatar :P

I thought you quit posting, you posted at Off Topic alot.

Were there other photo contests in the past? :anxious:

carsignatureis3.jpg

Updated.

About the new theme,

Opinions please!

Obviously not everyone will have the tripod or the abilities to stitch together several shots to make a panoramic, but I'll try to find a tutorial to post for you. If that fails, I'll post one of my own, but it won't be perfect as I hate stitching them together - the blending is damn hard. If people can't do that though, they could always crop it. It's not going to be more than 1024 x 768 size so resolution shouldn't be a problem. I say go for it. :thumbsup:

trapical! I cant stop remembering that avatar :P

I thought you quit posting, you posted at Off Topic alot.

Were there other photo contests in the past? :anxious:

Ha, yea it's been awhile since I left the domain of Off Topic. I still post occasionally there though. As for the avatar? Yea, I haven't changed it since like 2002. Figure most people know it and it makes my posts more recognizable (if anyone would care, lol) it also certainly helps me find my previous post when quickly scrolling though pages.

To begin with the votings:

Unmanipulated: DementedHero - Sleeping Cat

Manipulated: DementedHero - Cat

Great photos :thumbsup:

Regarding the next theme. I don't think "panorama" is such a good choice since it's a bit advanced. I myself don't know how to make one :|

How about a "spring" theme? Since we're almost there.. (yeah, I know it's a rip-off the SXC competition, but still ;))

I do like trapical's idea btw. A theme that can have several interpretations surely sounds interesting. It would invite people to be creative and add more variations instead of all looking almost the same.

Just my thoughts.

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

Excellent photos this month, everyone. :D

Unmanipulated - pandaownage

Manipulated - DementedHero

I agree with Zargo and Trapical, I'd like to see a few abstract-ish themes. :D Makes me wonder what everyone'll choose to submit. :)

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

Yea, that's what I was going for. Altough come to think of it I almost want to withdraw my second idea "what...the...heck" for the time being. While it is a great theme it is slightly more complicated and perhaps best used after several months when people get more accustomed to the photo contests.

Still though "far, far away" I think would be a good one.

Ok, so no panorama.

I was thinking about Spring also, before everyone else did :P

So Spring or

Far, far away/What the heck?

Why not panorama? If you only stick to your comfort zone you'll learn very little. I think the POTM should challenge the competitors.

Why not panorama? If you only stick to your comfort zone you'll learn very little. I think the POTM should challenge the competitors.
Yeah, you do have a point there. :-k

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

How about a "spring" theme? Since we're almost there.. (yeah, I know it's a rip-off the SXC competition, but still ;))

please, before making themes like this, please remember that on the other side of the world its currently autumn!

also, i agree.. panorama may be too difficult. i have a camera which does it, no tripod, and have never actually tried before, so yeah..

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

panorama may be too difficult. i have a camera which does it, no tripod, and have never actually tried before, so yeah..

Instead of having the two categories - manipulated and unmanipulated, you could have a stitched and cropped category. That way those without a tripod and the photoshop techniques could enter the cropped category and those who have the time and the know-how could enter the stitched category. How does that sound?

panorama may be too difficult. i have a camera which does it, no tripod, and have never actually tried before, so yeah..

Instead of having the two categories - manipulated and unmanipulated, you could have a stitched and cropped category. That way those without a tripod and the photoshop techniques could enter the cropped category and those who have the time and the know-how could enter the stitched category. How does that sound?

So you meen more of an advanced-part and a less-advanced part?

Ofcourse, the winner of the advanced part will get more points when he/she gets first :)

I was thinking about ending this the 7th, but I am not sure when my parents decide to break the internet connection. (Im going to move, so that will cause trouble with the new connection)

So I wont wait for more votes, 7th = voting over.

carsignatureis3.jpg