��â�š���¿How "Tight-Knit" Is the OT Community In Your Eyes And Wh

Errdoth

I dont know if I would call anyone here "friends".

I think it would be a little awkward and I wouldnt know what to say if I actually met some of you in real life. If I actually got to know some people where I thought I would be comfortable hanging out with them, then I would consider them a friend.

lope6jw0.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I met them in real life, I'd call them a real friend. Right now they are just "online" friends, those people who I like to talk to and who I talk to regularly. These days everyone's trying to get along like .. too much, no creative discussions..

Only some people from TIF are online friends.. others are normally "random" people I talk to.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

OT is now the board i come to first when i log in... Used to be general P2P but since quiting Rs i don't really care whats going on.. :oops:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

When I first joined ScapeBoard (this board's predecessor) I saw all the trolls with over 1000 posts as a group of friends (10 or so) that the whole board idolized and wanted to be. Kinda like the popular kids table in a middle school cafeteria :wink:

When I eventually became one of those "well known posters" on ScapeBoard I only had 400 some posts but it seemed everyone knew me and we all talked on MSN. By the time I had 1500, then 3000 posts I had over 40 people on MSN and we were, like I imagined, a tight nit group. It was wierd though because there we so many of us, and we were all friends: rsn_Lead, Vas, Dusqi, TopazJewel, SwtKittn, Bubsa, Oergg, runesmithie, Das, pkerdudejr, mad4u689, and over 30 more.

Then Scapeboard closed and I, like many others, sort of left. I came back a years later and found this seemingly post-apocalyptic world; everything was different and so many people had left. There were still a few people that I recognized, but mixed in were tons and tons of new people, which at first mad me kinda sad for some reason. It felt like all my old friends were gone and these new people were trying to replace them.

As the months passed I posted rarely, but occasionally, and I began to make some new friends and acquaintances.

Now, two years later I know a whole new group of people along with the half dozen of the old times still around. It's a great group we have here at tip.it, and I'm glad I came back. Sometimes it seems the new people are all way to young; but I have to remember that I joined when I was only 13, not the 19 I am today. :) We are a close not community, as you can tell from the threads like "What do you think other tipiters are going to be?". We all know each other and all get along (for the most part), keep it up guys \'

It's also sad that with school just starting up again and me having a killer semester (Genetics, Quantitative Analysis, Organic Chem II, and Advanced Mechanics of Physics) I won't have much time for posting :|. Well stay strong guys and have fun, I'll see you occasionally on the weekeneds

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Meh, fairly. I'd call us all friends.

Wait why are you pretending like you've been here for awhile?

You're to talk?

Get off his case.

Pretty sure I joined only 3 months after you? Anyways I never said I was part of the tight-knit community, I was just saying he's talking like he's been her for awhile and is part of this tight-knit group, when he's been here what half a year at the most?

I've been here for awhile, I just never bothered posting. The community is getting too soft and nice now and I couldn't take it anymore

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Meh, fairly. I'd call us all friends.

Wait why are you pretending like you've been here for awhile?

You're to talk?

Get off his case.

Pretty sure I joined only 3 months after you? Anyways I never said I was part of the tight-knit community, I was just saying he's talking like he's been her for awhile and is part of this tight-knit group, when he's been here what half a year at the most?

I've been here for awhile, I just never bothered posting. The community is getting too soft and nice now and I couldn't take it anymore

Pretty sure you don't realized how many different boards tip.it has gone through?

Here, read up on it

Pretty sure you don't realized how many different boards tip.it has gone through?

Here, read up on it

I read since scapeboard, just never posted. I remember I found it because I used tip it as my guide on RSC when I first started because I typed in "runescape tips" on google xD. Anyways that doesn't change the fact that I've been on these forums for the majority of the last few years.

How long I've been here doesn't even have anything to do with all of this though

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Im only good friends with Kayla...so not as tight knit as some people might like to assume.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

Maybe it was because I was way more active back then and spent much more time on the board but personally I feel scapeboard was much more close together. I seem to recognise almost everyone back then.

A few names which spring to mind and in no particular order are Dusqi, Blue_Tear, darkrick, Dusqi, Exarch, GreatSilverWyrm, Gugge, Meesy, Newptor, Punxstar, Pyrolord, RaenonD, The_Sith, TheFluke, Grin_King, misplacedme, ForsakenMage and probably a few more had a great community going. (I also left out a few of the newer members of that era)

I left the boards for about a year after the dismise of scapeboard. Now, I only rarely recognise a name. but by reading posts I have come to realise that many of the newer members share a similar closeness among themselves. But to me, this board is only a shadow of the glory which was scapeboard in its prime.

I did not like all of the posters back then, and consider a few of the more popular ones to be spammers or attention seekers, all but one have now left and my opinion on the reminder has changed.

it does seem pretty tight knit to me, i only joined recently and ppl havent been very welcoming.

untitled17gw8ps.gif

Evolution is a philosophy unsupported by the majority of scientific observations whose influence has been a detriment to society and true scientific advancement.

it does seem pretty tight knit to me, i only joined recently and ppl havent been very welcoming.

People are pretty solid on thier beleifs here mate, you'll learn soon enough to show a bit of empathy for how people feel. In other words, if you just keep going like you were in my evolution topic, people aren't going to like you that much.

but by reading posts I have come to realise that many of the newer members share a similar closeness among themselves.

This is one thing I have really noticed lately. It seems like a lot of the newer posters that have been around long enough to know people (say, less than a year since they joined) are all pretty close.

That is the nature of forums I guess, some older users will leave and eventually the newer users will be the majority. The rest of the older users have a choice, we can stay and accept the newer users, or leave. I choose to accept them. I wouldn't know what to do if I left :P .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I choose to accept them.

Even if they're around 12-13 and annoying you :P

Yep :P .

Is this a full acceptance where you read their posts with seriousness, or a "oh it's you" *skim skim skim* >_> :wink:

can't be forgetting rsn_lead ;)

Half of his comments were sarcastic, humourous jokes which were quite spammy in their nature.

So is Bubsa, but we all love him. True though, Lead was a bit eccentric but every forum needs someone like that, a friendly figure with thousands of posts who spends hours on the forum posting everywhere and everyone knows him ::'

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

A few names which spring to mind and in no particular order are Dusqi, Blue_Tear, darkrick, Dusqi, Exarch, GreatSilverWyrm, Gugge, Meesy, Newptor, Punxstar, Pyrolord, RaenonD, The_Sith, TheFluke, Grin_King, misplacedme, ForsakenMage and probably a few more had a great community going. (I also left out a few of the newer members of that era)

You remembered me twice :D

(For a strong sense of community, Darkwebz is where it's at :D )

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.