Why is "safing" bad?

Under_Score

Calling someone a safer is pretty much saying "Hey you didn't give me your stuff!" #-o

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my view, my strenght is 82, not great I know, but not to bad either. Went f2p pking the other day, my max hit with an r2h is ~ 27, and about ~22 with a simmy. Coupled with the slow speed and the low accuracy gives us a problem....

In rsc you had 3 hits, and all weapons had the same speed, no problem, so you could use an r2h constantly and get better hits in, with your opponent able to heal only after the first 3 rounds. However with the relise of rs2 f2p wilde has had little to no change. Only difference is that now power is no longer a factor, more a combo of speed and power. P2p is fine and anyone acusing of safing is talking bull, with a dds you can hit well over 50 up to 4 times, aswell as a whip that damages hard fast and often. But f2p is suffering..

Back to my example of ME, max of 27, max f2p food heals 14, can eat fairly fast, i make it 1.5 per r2h hit, so if your doing that you can heal a guaranteed 21 while i can hit possible streight ~27s (okay no reality kicks in and you hit 10, 21, 3, 0 , 25). If your using a simmy thats worse, as its rune on rune. at 75 def, peoples hits at my level (97) just bounce of me a lot of the time. meaning it a time consuming job to reduce someones hits down to a level i can ko them at and vice versa for them.

The next thing you HAVE to take into account is f2p fight happen alomost soloy in low level (sub 20) wilde, no mb equivalent here, 1 form of skillers ~ miners. So its not like you can fight in deep then fight all th way to level 1 or whatever getting the kill somewhere. Oh by the way they all tele, fact of life.

F2p wilde is at the min in dire streights, and thats part of the reason 'safing'as a rule was introduced ammong player, for all you saying about "noob just after my rune" f2p pking set about what - 300k tops? I earn more rcing. However how much fun is pking where everyone stays at 50hp++ and no-one dies, NO risk at all is not how it was intended. There has to be some danger of dieing which under the present situation is not the case, this is why safing is forwned upon.

Refering to solo pking in f2p.

Mains not pures.

conclusion for those who can't be bothered to read it;

*F2p pking broke

*safeing 'rule' brings back a danger

*otherwise pks simply dont happen in f2p.

Hmm waiting for a noob to come along and think im talking about pures or p2p which are completly different....

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

Ehh... once I was called repeatedly "ofmg sfaer nuub" (Actual quote. I find it ridiculous how they managed to screw up every single term they said) and stuff like that repeatedly, and constantly by about 10 or so nooby pures. So I told one of them that I wish they died in real life, and then I and my friend went in charging that certain pure. He ran like a [kitty].

The name "safer" still ticks me off whenever I hear it. I will usually PJ/BS/whatever dishonourable thing anyone who uses it. Yeah, "srsly pl0x".

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

So far all the pures are geting flamed here. If you posted this in rsc (runescape community) pk general I'm sure the outcome would be different. I don't care if you flame for this but I hate safers. Here's a few reason, every safer I encountered would at one point pj me (edgeville wild), maybe their point is this is the wildy anything matter w/e, but what really is the point in fighting them?! Loot is not my concern it's the fact that I have to put up with them everytime I enter the wildy they would attack me and I will have to run because, no risk and excitement, I'd choose to fight a honor pure rather then them. Us pures call you a safer to tell you not to safe and if you keep doing it we will run and call you a noob (harmless), For all the proud pj and safers in edgeville get this in your head, don't expect all of us to respect you and stay to fight! If we don't want to fight and you don't want to be called a safer get lost and DON't FIGHT ME!!!

Reading all the comments I can just tell that tip it is no longer a "pker community."

EDIT: Sorry I mean f2p lol there is no such thing in p2p as safing that's bs, if you want a kill in p2p safing won't help you.

Notice only pures luse that word? I often find myself on the recieving end of a stre pure's 2h. I also often find myself on their bad-mouthing.

I understand that because all the time and effort that went into making that pure is killed by safing, the pure is angry. But i spent even more time and effort making my non-pure acct. The fact that i safe is to balance the combat advantage that pures have.

But to be honest, i dont really get ticked off when im called a 'safer'. I just say "yep, and proud of it". What really annoys me is when someone asks "no armor fight?"

pures arent the only ones who use it, i use it sometimes, although im trying to get out of the habit im trying to say "plz dont eat so much" because to be honest its nof un when your fighting someone and after you hit a 20 they pop a shark in their mouth and think nothing of it, they go through their food extremely fast and then when they are almost out, they run with full hp, food left, and praying melee this takes a lot of fun out of pking and a lot of profit too, because if a pker cant get kills then they lose money off the immense ammount they spend on pots and food

ty

strifen117

P2p isnt the problem, dds specials/whip work great and safing wont save you.

But f2p where the damage output, especially at 70+ def, per hit is so much lower that safing results in no risk = no fun. Imaging Kqing and it healing back to full health every time you got it to 50 - 75% health? Watch the d chain rocket, but see no fun eh?

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

Whenever I'm PKing in F2P worlds, I always see people getting called safers because they eat when they aren't in danger of being K0ed. But, why is this bad? Don't you have the right to use your own food in the manner you so choose? I think if I took the time to fish, cook, and/or buy the food, that I can eat it whenever I want during a fight. People act like it's bug abuse. Discuss.

It's used by immature pixel huggers who just want phr33 st0ffs. Yes, you have a right to eat whenever you like, no one's stopping you.

Unfortunately the f2p wild has been going downhill for a long time, so there's not alot anyone can do, I'm afraid. :ohnoes:

lebewohlsiggykd0.png

strifen117

But f2p where the damage output, especially at 70+ def, per hit is so much lower that safing results in no risk = no fun. Imaging Kqing and it healing back to full health every time you got it to 50 - 75% health? Watch the d chain rocket, but see no fun eh?

Exactly.

And how about all you safers out there is it the only reason you're trying to blame and fight pures is because we don't safe? That's basically free stuff for you. So next time go fight some other safer when we tell you we don't wana fight. How is it exactly great to go fight someone that also safes like you every time they get to 75 percent hp, they eat a lob? Hmm I'd like to see you not to complain.

strifen117

Exactly.

And how about all you safers out there is it the only reason you're trying to blame and fight pures is because we don't safe? That's basically free stuff for you. So next time go fight some other safer when we tell you we don't wana fight. How is it exactly great to go fight someone that also safes like you every time they get to 75 percent hp, they eat a lob? Hmm I'd like to see you not to complain.

what about the others (f2p), for example out of 35 hp i eat at 14, and at 17 if against a mage, but at that point im still not in danger of being ko-ed, what these people calling me safer want me to do is eat after i have gone below the ko hit where as i eat if i am just one above...sometimes my hp does go below because i may have 15 hp not eat and they hit a 9 which leads to me with a 6 and then eating

how is that safing when i am eating just 1 above the max hit...also, it is extremely annoying having to fight these people who call you safers and yet they eat when their hp bar has more green than red or when people call you safer then will pj and tele, if they take the phrase 'safrer noob' for granted then why not go along with the rest of the honor and not pj nor tele???

now i dont mind seeing people call others safers when they eat so that after each lobby they have full health...thats just pathetic and maybe the insults will teach them that they are wasting their time, but otherwise i see no point to the phrase

and your right, f2p pking is going way downhill and really fast too, pfffft wish we could host our own servers, id host one and kick any of the pkers i consider noobs >.<

strifen117

Exactly.

what about the others (f2p), for example out of 35 hp i eat at 14, and at 17 if against a mage, but at that point im still not in danger of being ko-ed, what these people calling me safer want me to do is eat after i have gone below the ko hit where as i eat if i am just one above...sometimes my hp does go below because i may have 15 hp not eat and they hit a 9 which leads to me with a 6 and then eating

how is that safing when i am eating just 1 above the max hit...also, it is extremely annoying having to fight these people who call you safers and yet they eat when their hp bar has more green than red or when people call you safer then will pj and tele, if they take the phrase 'safrer noob' for granted then why not go along with the rest of the honor and not pj nor tele???

now i dont mind seeing people call others safers when they eat so that after each lobby they have full health...thats just pathetic and maybe the insults will teach them that they are wasting their time, but otherwise i see no point to the phrase

and your right, f2p pking is going way downhill and really fast too, pfffft wish we could host our own servers, id host one and kick any of the pkers i consider noobs >.<

Hmm... I get what you're saying but it's hard to explain when you are really safing. Sometimes noob wana be pures DO call you a safer when you are really not. They call you a noob because they want to hit you with a 16 which is the max of there scimmy which is rubbish because I also keep my hp above the hit of a scimmy or in your case a mage. Safing is when you repeadly eat after someone hit high on you, everyone safes but not 3 times in a row it's just giving them a opportunity once in a while which is when they hit really good like a 17 and a 17 with scimmy (i've got killed like this lots of times), main point is, everyone keep there hp above the damage a str or mage pure will hit but they will risk when you are lower hits then them (what really matter is who will hit first with that 2h).

What I do is I eat at 21 which is the max damage of a 2h from a pure str pure (not hybird). When they hit me i eat a lob if they hit a 17 i'll eat 2 lobs basically when i eat i get my hp above 26 but I start eating at 21. The only time when they have a chance to ko is when i take out my 2h (im a range 2her), this is when I have my hp down at 17 and when the person has like 19 hp which dosent matter cause I know I'll hit first. That is when he or she can kill me. Pking in f2p is fast everyone makes mistake that's why if you don't safe a lot you can get kills easy from people like me. If you didn't switch or eat at 19 hp bam a 17 with a scimmy im dead. But i took the risk of knowing you will take out 2h or I will hit first.

I'd safe if i was dying, i wouldnt wanna lose all those items would I? Imagine that TGN guy being called a n00b for using food? LOL noobs these days, str pures suck

doxy8.gif

Doxy8.gif

botslayerwt3.png[/img][/url]

I'd safe if i was dying, i wouldnt wanna lose all those items would I? Imagine that TGN guy being called a n00b for using food? LOL noobs these days, str pures suck

That takes the entire point of staking. These new pures such as you think watching a i mahatma i video it would be all loot and richness. No. It's these new wanabe pures thats making the wild go downhill.

The people who complain about safing are the ones who want their opponents to just bend over and accept a beating. They're stupid.

I remember at the fire giants, I was meleeing them and ate every time I lost about 15 hp (I was using lobs), and everytime I did, some idiot pure would go "LOL! Safer!", so the conversation proceeded as:

Me: So?

Pure: You shouldn't be here if you aren't willing to get hurt, noob.

Me: Coming from the guy fighting a fire giant from behind a chair...

Pure: Shut up, noob! I had sex with your mom!

Me: Wow, I hope that was worth the blackmark...

Pure: [Describing how he had sex with my mom, ewwww]

Me: Bye...

[Log out]

See? I think this serves as the standard person who goes around flaming safers.

strifen117

Exactly.

ok, if you say me in wildy, eating because i might die fighting someone else who eats the same way, i will understand.

It's best to heal wounds early on, rather than wait for the last minute, eat, but then get killed while you are eating. se how that works. Don't get angry just because you lost a kill. That's not mature.

It's not bad. First rule of the wilderness: If you are dead you cannot kill anyone else. People bring food into the wilderness to eat it not to wait until they have around 20 HP so someone else can KO them. I mean isn't that really what food is there for? I mean do you know anyone that takes food into the Wilderness to not eat? I don't think there is anyone like that. Jagex has food in RuneScape for a reason and that is to eat it, people who are insecure enough to call someone a safer needs to think about some serious training so they can actually take the person they are trying to kill out. As for me I'd much rather recieve an angry PM like: "saf3r safer! n00000b!!!" while I'm taking their nice little DDS, than have this: "Oh no, you are dead!" So until I can be convinced otherwise ( I doubt it) I will stay a "safer" and I'll be proud of it! :thumbsup:

IMG]http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Superstyle4.png[/img]

Xbox Live Username: ILINI

strifen117

Exactly.

Have you ever thought why Jagex has food in RuneScape? Maybe.... :-k IT'S SO YOU DONT DIE!!! Good job with that one! =D> I'm sure you'll go far in life! :thumbsup:

strifen117

Yet the last time I checked the KQ was not a player and therefore not able to eat in order to heal itself. And usually most people do not wear Dragon Chains into the wild so.... yeah.... \'

I haven't pure pked in P2p before but I pk in f2p wildy as a sport, pretty much do nothing else besides that haha. But in my experience, I love it when pures eat above 50% on me, they hit me less and sometimes I get straight hits that sends them scrambling out of the wild. When I'm in one on ones, which I do not engage in often, I eat above what I think they would hit, for example if I engaged another ranger and his max is say, 14, I would keep my hits about 16 to 18 with a few extra HP as a buffer in case he does hit his max. It's a risk, but it makes the other guy more suspectible to his own ego and if he tried to sneak an extra shot in at the wrong time, he's usually done for. From time to time if I meet a group that talks exessive trash I might do the same back to them as needed.

Protection prayers at level 60. <--- I LOVE THESE GUYS

In groups its even better, one of them prays, immediately switch to next guy without it on and keep on switching until they all have it on, then whip out scimitar (or magic) and bust red all over them, most of them don't switch protections or if they do, just rinse and repeat. Works especially well on pures. Low hits = Quick Ko.

Instant Teleports, I usually don't care if they are alone or much lower than me when I meet them, but I see it as a problem when my team encounters about.... lets say a group of 6 to 8 people only a few levels lower who teles in the sight of a group of 3 or 2... Thats just hilarious :thumbsup:

Defense People. Um, who cares? They'll get hit hard either way, put on armor, Fireblast, take it off, Range.

"Teaming noobs" How many times have I heard this from other pures.... it can also be "sad..." or "pathetic". 90% of the time I've koed people who have said this to me, why? Because it is redundant and hypocritical. I bet if you had teammates you would be tag teaming too. I like team fights better because it is based more on teamwork and experience rather than stats and gear.

This one is especially for me,

"Studded noob, can't afford dragonhide?"

I've heard this so much, why? Because I wear studded chaps or leather chaps, use a magic staff, and leather body. From experience, the gear is more efficient, cheaper, and more useful than dragonhide and wizards top. Hell, my whole team wears it in some form or another, also creates the image of weak and inexperienced pkers making them extremely confident of their own abilities. Let me just say, my team has never been beaten on equal grounds.

Things certainly have changed since rs1, but at least now magic can have more widespread use in the f2p wild.

PS. After a while, all the random flaming gets really annoying, so I usually have my chat to friends. However If i find out that someone has been talkign too much trash for their own good, we hunt them down with extreme prejudice, even if they outnumber and outpower us we hunt them down and eliminate them before we are forced to split.

lol my pure has like 18 hp, 31 mage and 30 range if i dont "safe" i die in 2 or 3 hits :roll:

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

i think it depends on what combat lvl/wild lvl you are (in). if your lower than lvl 50 combat, you probly don't have enough hp to be considered safing. If you in lower than lvl 10 wld, safing isn't even really nesesary in most cases. once you get to like lvl 70 combat and your hp/defence outways your opponents max hit/atk lvl, safing isn't really needed and it doesn't matter if you do it or not. f2p pking is all pures anyway nowadays, so safing is a frequent thing. its basically a term used by ppl who are mad because they can't 1 hit kill you like they thought they could.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Something a lot of people do not understand is the phsycological input. PK'ing is about getting the kill. The other one has to die, not you. And if that person eats before you can KO him, then you cannot get the kill.

You can do nothing about it. If that person wants to eat. Then he shall eat. So you do the most logical thing. Convince him, not to eat. You whine, you say there is no honour in it. You say it is bad. Whatever it takes!

I used to do it in a shooter a lot. Order people not to camp etc. on 1 spot but to just keep whining until I got what I wanted. The result, me winning the game ofcourse \' Ofcourse in certain cases I went to far. Or people did not listen. Well, then it just turns out bad.

But if people ''realize'' it is bad. Then they stop. You got your way! When I am fighting monsters (I don't PK) I always keep my health near max. I know what can happen when I lag out, get a random, you name it. When PK'ing, I would probaly do the same. I do not care if it is bad. I rather be called names at, be called 'a bad pker' then I would lose my gear. So really, is it bad? No. Does it makes sense the other one trying to kill you says so? Yes.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Because no one ever dies.

Wow, so you lost your kill. big deal. NOT. seriously. look at it from thier point of view. If you were hurt, would you eat? probably yes. No one wants to lose items. Which is what safing is all about. Keeping you alive and keeping your items.

strifen117

Exactly.

Have you ever thought why Jagex has food in RuneScape? Maybe.... :-k IT'S SO YOU DONT DIE!!! Good job with that one! =D> I'm sure you'll go far in life! :thumbsup:

Why did Jagex even make this game? Okay, if you get past the money... they made it so we could have fun.

Of course, it'd be rude to call someone a safer, but what's the point of going to the wilderness at all if the system makes it so barely anyone ever dies? Don't "safe" in f2p. Do it for yourself, and the person you're fighting- make it fun. That is why you play the game, right?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.