Why is "safing" bad?

Under_Score

lol...

Anyways, safeing isint bad, its just that you get no respect. Going in wildy meaning taking risks. I dont respect safers at all. When i Pk, which is like never now since of pures, if they safe a little, i dont care. If they eat like a pig, then im just gunna walk away. I dont waste time and rescources

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's only pixels"? If you worked a lot for a full rune and can't afford it again (Ok, let's assume you are a newb here) would you want to lose all that work by biting the dust for a little bit of "honor" for which nobody will respect you anyways?

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

"It's only pixels"? If you worked a lot for a full rune and can't afford it again (Ok, let's assume you are a newb here) would you want to lose all that work by biting the dust for a little bit of "honor" for which nobody will respect you anyways?

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest you shouldn't take valuables that you can't risk losing - Into a place where you have a high likelyhood of dying.

Full rune doesn't mean much to me, but if I lost my ranger set in the wilderness - I'd be real broke up.

[so I don't take my ranger set to the wilderness...]

It's not rocket science. ;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

• 3 weeks later...

People that talk about there being an honour code in the wilderness and just mad because itll take longer to kill you. This a perfect example of that...

To everyone that is mad about me dissing the honour code :arrow: :boohoo:

Pasty.png

once, i went pking on my pure.

i didnt "safe" so i let myself go down to 9 hp

then the other guy killd me :x

so after that i became a "safer" muahahaha :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

so heres my point: if u dont "safe" then u will be k0ed more often, nothing wrong with safing if u ask me

Staurolite.png

I think alot of playerkillers like the idea of getting knock-outs. It shows a little more 'skill' i guess.

If your max is like a 16/16 spec, and your opponent eats at 40 life... Whats the point in being there? He's probably only going to run in the end.

this is a pointless "Debate" tbh because all of you who say "its my food i can eat when i want" have obviously never pked or never fought someone who ate at 60 hp. Fight me and ill eat everytime i can. eating at 40-50 hp is somewhat annoying but i'll get over it. Eating at 60 hp (out of 80) is no fun. then you're too busy eating to even atack them

Although I find the "PKing rules" stupid and annoying, I am against safing. Safing is when you're above half health and you're still eating. Last time I checked, I can't hit 53s...

Once they run out of food, they run away and say they lagged. :lol:

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

Sometimes, safing is bad...even for the person that's safing. For instance, on my level 20 Pure in the Varrock Wilderness, I was binded and was attacked by about 5 people. They kept htting 0s but I was still eating all the Lobsters. They kept binding me, but hitting 0s. I panicked and eventually ate all my lobsters. As if redemption for safing, they KOed me after I ran out of food. :P

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

I only call those wannabe rune pures safers, and I can be really annoyed by them. When I hit 5 zeros, and a 12 and a 3 suddenly he is scared, and eats to full hp. (From 40 to 65, F2P)

They have no skills whatsoever, because of their defence 40. And now they start safe eating, because they dont want to lose their stuff?

And they still think they have a shot at killing a 75+ ranger. :?

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

• 3 weeks later...

Havent read all 6 page so excuse me if this has been mentioned.

I agree that people who call others safers/noobs etc etc are after your loot, but isnt that the point of the wilderness? I call others safers etc, but thats just a tactic to psyche the opponent.

For me i dont care if you safe or not, and i dont care what others think of me.

If im not safing then the opponent is thinking "omg im so close, one more hit" but i usually end up killing him because hes too focused on my hp rather then his own.

If the opponent is safing then for each time he eats, thats a hit for me, he will just waste his food, then it all comes down to whether you can ko before he teles.

pkers call people safers because they want a chance to KO the opponent, so they try to make the person not safe so they can KO with ease. but yes, every time i go pking on my pure range i safe and i dont care. half the time my private chat is on friends so i cant hear them calling me safers or teamer or whatever they like to say.

but i dont think its wrong, i think its fine, if you want to, the only thing thats stopping you is their word. them calling you a safing noob.

off topic: i just realized that nub is proper english?? i typed in noob with Firefox and it said nub as one of the options instead :-k strange.

done with runescape

Well, I could understand why it's annoying. If someone uses food, then it become a food fight, and whoever runs out of food first loses, instead of it being a fight based on strength.

In Flyff, if someone uses food in a duel everyone in the duel arena just insults that person. Same in pvp. But of course, it's not the same, since in Flyff if you die you lose nothing, just honor based.

2480+ total

It mainly applys to f2p since there is no effective way to ko someone with that much hp or stop them from leaving. In members 4 really lucky dds specs can ko you from just about any health. I only pk on f2p and I eat at under 25. Dont let them guilt you too low or your dead(I know from experience :boohoo: )

superway26.png

people just get angry and call you a safer when you eat and they can't KO you. Funny how they always end up dieing when they take the time to type that...they end up wishing they had "safed".

EDIT: they end up dieing aginst me anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
Safing is bad because it takes the point out of PKing.

People PK not for loot, but for the excitement. If both players safe, neither player has any chance of getting k0ed. Therefore, you're both wasting food, potions, and time. The fight is pathetically boring and therefore no one wants to fight you.

It's called "professional courtesy". If you give them a fair chance of winning, they give you a fair chance of winning, both people enjoy the fight more.

And if you're too scared to risk the items, then you shouldn't expect people who enjoy taking risks to fight you. They're better off fighting other people who are willing to take the risks.

perfectly stated. everyone would just be run from fights with full health and no one would get any kills. the fun of pking would be lost. i personally die if im going to and dont run. people who run from fights are people who want to save their money, which is fine, but dont go in the wild in the first place.

Safing is bad because it takes the point out of PKing.

People PK not for loot, but for the excitement. If both players safe, neither player has any chance of getting k0ed. Therefore, you're both wasting food, potions, and time. The fight is pathetically boring and therefore no one wants to fight you.

It's called "professional courtesy". If you give them a fair chance of winning, they give you a fair chance of winning, both people enjoy the fight more.

And if you're too scared to risk the items, then you shouldn't expect people who enjoy taking risks to fight you. They're better off fighting other people who are willing to take the risks.

Nice explanation, exactly what i thought.

But yeah, i pk 75% for the enjoyment, 25% for the loot. The reason i created this rune pure was to mainly have fun because i find it the most exciting thing to do, and it argubly (sp) needs skill.

veng/barrage - torso/hat - b gloves

dh64ot2.png

I am proud that i do safe. I do not see this as a problem. People go in the wilderness for excitment not to make a great amount of money. I could never make as much in the wildy than merchanting. I think people get mad because it's harder to kill you. :shame:

Mathgenius50.png