Cheapest spell for barrows...

Captainkidd

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I make a video to prove that the 702 drops the fire cape?

It doesn't drop the fire cape, you get it from the Tzhaar guy outside the cave.

ixbvborat230.jpg

Nice job.

fine, should I make a video to prove to you that the guy outside the cave gives you the cape?

Reb has said it and i am going to say it again.

Getting your runes back from the chest has NOTHING to do with how cost efficient a spell is, it merely serves to prove that it is the most EFFICIENT spell. (Whats the most efficient way to get up 19 floors? Lifts of course, but is it the cheapest? no, walking up the stairs is). What you get from your chest is your GROSS EARNINGS, and if you spend it, it is included as a COST. So if you reduce your COST while keeping your GROSS EARNING same, you have a LARGER NET INCOME.

Is Slayer dart the best spell for barrows? Yes. Is it the cheapest? Not by a long shot.

EDIT: For those who cant think outside the box, here is a hypothetical Example.

Assume that we use 100 Chaos or 75 deaths per trip as per stated. Now assume that each time the chest drops 80 deaths and 120 Chaos and 400 Minds, and assume Chaos 150ea, Deaths 300ea, Airs and Minds 20ea

If you go chaos, you are left with a net increase of 20 choas, 80 deaths and 400 minds, down 400 Airs (total earnings 27k)

If you go Slayer Darts, you are left with a net increase of 120 chaos, 5 deaths and 100 minds (total earnings 21.5k)

Any questions?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Getting your runes back from the chest has NOTHING to do with how cost efficient a spell is, it merely serves to prove that it is the most EFFICIENT spell. (Whats the most efficient way to get up 19 floors? Lifts of course, but is it the cheapest? no, walking up the stairs is). What you get from your chest is your GROSS EARNINGS, and if you spend it, it is included as a COST. So if you reduce your COST while keeping your GROSS EARNING same, you have a LARGER NET INCOME.

Is Slayer dart the best spell for barrows? Yes. Is it the cheapest? Not by a long shot.

incorrect, if I spend a half hour getting my runes, I could already done 5 or more trips, and have the possibility of getting another barrows item, there for it is more efficient, and whatever is more evecient gives you more income and profit. Do you know why people use elevators? not because they're lazy, but because if a construction company carried their construction materials up by hand, they would never finish the building they're making, thus giving them no pay.

incorrect, if I spend a half hour getting my runes, I could already done 5 or more trips, and have the possibility of getting another barrows item, there for it is more efficient, and whatever is more evecient gives you more income and profit. Do you know why people use elevators? not because they're lazy, but because if a construction company carried their construction materials up by hand, they would never finish the building they're making, thus giving them no pay.

Ok, using profit chart may have been an error on my part, but note that we are not talking about what spell yields the most INCOME, we are talking about what spell yields the LEAST cost per run.

And not once in my sentence i put CHEAP and EFFICIENT together, they are completely and utterly different concepts

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Ok, using profit chart may have been an error on my part, but note that we are not talking about what spell yields the most INCOME, we are talking about what spell yields the LEAST cost per run.

And not once in my sentence i put CHEAP and EFFICIENT together, they are completely and utterly different concepts

But you just said you get a larger net income, and I just disproved it!

and if somehow that not what you said, then that isn't the point of this topic:

I found out that slayer dart is not the most profitable spell you can use, Fire bolt is.

Alright Malo, it was a poor choice in words on his part. The point still remains that using Fire Bolts costs less per run than Magic Dart. We know Magic Dart is more efficient in the long run. The simple point is is that Fire Bolt is just cheaper, period.

i use 40 deaths...

In Ahrims, with 94 magic, I use 45-55 deaths, and I've gone up to 60 or even 80 plenty of times. Someone needs to recheck their math, mister 77 Magic, or get a bit more data then one trip.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Slayer Dart costs 380gp.

1 Death - 300 each. 4 Minds - 20 each.

Fire Blast costs a Charizard

1 master ball - 20yen

Fire bolt - costs 90gp

1 Chaos - 60gp. 3 Airs - 10 each.

Malo owned you guys

Slayer Dart costs 380gp.

1 Death - 300 each. 4 Minds - 20 each.

Fire Blast costs a Charizard

1 master ball - 20yen

Fire bolt - costs 90gp

1 Chaos - 60gp. 3 Airs - 10 each.

Malo owned you guys

chaos is 150 each... if you count death at 300

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

technecilly fire strike is the most cost effective

even if u need 500 it would be cheaper

but no one ever uses

that quite proves my point, fire strike barely costs anything, but you're never going to get a barrow item if you're going to spend 5hrs on each brother.

With all the extra p pots you use, your profit goes down. I can do barrows with slayer dart, using 2 doses of p pot. It takes me more like 12 when I fire bolt (wearing armor and not praying isn't an option because its so slow, and easily affected by your magic att bonus). Plus it's nice not to have to buy back runes.

If it is on long term, you won't need to buy new slayer dart runes because the chest gives them back. But with fire bolt you will use some runes that the chest doesn't give back, so you will need to give out extra money for that.

2j3qh46.jpg

If you take 70 deaths and 280 minds, there is no guarantee that you'll be able to stay "forever" with the runes constantly being replenished. Over the long run you'll probably end up with more deaths and minds than you started with, but you won't necessarily get deaths and minds on each run. So, regarding whether you can take 70 deaths and 280 minds and do 10+ runs... you might not necessarily be able to.

Slayer Dart is still the most efficient spell because it's significantly stronger, allowing you to kill the brothers faster, and you will rarely need to buy runes if you start with a decent amount to allow for a string of chests without deaths/minds.

Slayer dart is cheapest, imo, because you don't have to waste time buying back the airs that you lose by fire blasting. With slayer dart and guthans, you can stay at barrows for hours without needing to bank for more runes or food. Nearly every time you search the chest you profit on minds and deaths, so you have an unlimited supply of them. If you were to try fire blast, you would have to bank for air runes at some point. You would also have to either craft or buy more airs eventually. Slayer dart maxes higher than fire blast too, upto 19 (possibly 20, any comfirmation would be appreciated :D.)
And again, can some one get me a video on some one doing 10+ runs with only 75 deaths and 300 minds, because you all say its possible, now weres the proof?

ill make a vid of me startin offwith 100 deaths 400 minds and doin atleast 10 trips and ending up with 300+ deaths ok? just to throw it in ur face becuase ur a stupid noob who dosent realize wut we mean becuase slayer dart is free becuase u always get ur runes back unlike firebolt

dmoxlstxsoul.png

good alternative if you don't have 55 slayer but I gain more runes then I lose from chests when i use slayer dart plus it hits harder.
So your saying you can do barrows a billion times with 75 deaths and 300 minds, not possible, and IF it was, then barrows items would go down by like 50% because every one would be doing barrows with only 75 slayer darts

no but I started off with 500 deaths and 2k minds and now have 800 deaths and 6k minds after 200+ runs. (not to mention the deaths I've gained and sold)

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Okay, since I just read through this thread, and saw NOT ONE sensible argument for why Slayer Dart is cheaper, I'm just going to post my stance.

For Magic Levels under 80, Fire Bolt is a better, cheaper option. Basically, I'm agreeing with Captain.

Yes, Slayer Dart is faster in that you replenish your runes and can thus camp there or not having to waste time buying new runes. I know that. Fire Bolt, if Captain's math is correct (which seems to be true) is a cheaper way of Barrowing.

Oh, wow, I feel stupid, I JUST READ this post, and now understand what he is saying. And back to your above post about Ice Barrage and Charged God Spells at DK's - Only an IDIOT would do that, Oh, and Lep1234, but He's hot like that :).

I'm agreeing with Reb, Captain, Chen.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

personally i use slayer dart because for me its cheaper, i dont have to bank each time. i only have 70 mage, 58 when i started.

slayer dart you regain runes, and i k now you do as well with fire bolt, but with firebolt you have to restock on airs, with slayer dart, you regain both runes, not just one, so when i use slayer dart, i actually dont spend any money. so if you can make slayer dart work at your lvl, then yes, it is the cheapest spell possible. i bought about 500 of each rune to start and have never had to rebuy runes. but it all depends on what you get and what lvl you are. for my lvl, slayer dart does enough damage. fire bolt does more damage fo rme, but dart is a non money spender. but its all on personal prefeerence

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=616130 <--- Guide for Cheap 99 Firemaking

aeromist.gif

aeromist.gif

so im an idiot for using ice burst? even when i make all the runes back?

No.

CaptainKid said fire bolt is cheaper. Which it is. Slayer dart is 380 per cast. Fire bolt is (assuming you are using a fire staff) 230 per cast. If you can do basic math 230 is less then 380. Therefore CHEAPER. It would not matter if you did or didn't get runes back for slayer dart. Fire bolt will be cheaper. Is fire bolt more efficient? No. But thats not the point of the thread

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

so im an idiot for using ice burst? even when i make all the runes back?

Personally, I'd say yes.

Ancients is for fun, something to mix things up. I'm not even 100 combat, and I don't even use Prayer Pots at the Barrows, so it really makes no sense for people to Ancient to "save cash on Ppots". The costs of it really aren't worth it.

What would you rather have: spend 80 death runes and get 81 back, or spend 50 death runes and get 81 back? Sure, you get your runes all back, doesn't mean that's the method's smart or cost efficient.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.