Quick 'Tip' to saving Millions on your way to 99 Firemaking

tojima

New Location added: Rimmington

Are you one of those who are buying their way to 99 firemaking? Are you buying Willows? You need to burn 144,679 willows to get from 30-99 firemaking. When you buy them all at 30ea, which is common price, you end up paying 4,340,370gp. Some say that's not bad for a 99 skill, but I can save you even more. What would you say if I told you I could get you to 99 Firemaking by only spending 1,736,148gp. Would you be interested? Then you can save you millions with no extra effort. I guarantee no extra effort. Are you interested now? Then read on! And it's all F2P!!!

**I'm not good with HTML, so this will be pretty bland, it will have pictures though. This is my first guide, so let me know what I can do better**

What you need to know

willows.jpg

1. Willows give 90 exp per fire made.

2. Average cost of willows from draynor by the thousands is 30ea. (You may be able to get them cheaper, or more expensive, but I'm going off this.)

3. 144,679 Willows needed from lvl 30-99 at 90exp each is 13,021,068 Exp

4. By spending 1,736,148gp, you are spending 1gp for every 7.5Exp(7.4999758085140206940882920119713 to be exact) with this method.

5. This method will work to its full intent on a F2P World.

6. Level 30 is the level to start burning Willows, just in case :P . Let's get started.

The Effort Needed Without this Method

1. Normally you have to figure out how many Willows you need for you desired lvl.

2. Then you raise the money for that amount, which isn't hard being that Firemaking is the cheapest skill to raise if you are buying it from the start.

3. Then you need to stand around in draynor or look around forums until you find a seller with your desired amount. Or in some cases, part of the amount, so that you can buy more when you have more money later.

4. Once everything has been purchased, you then need to find a nice bank to camp at and burn your logs until level 99. A nice bank with a nice expanse right outside the door. Not hard really.

5. You have now spent upwards of 4M if you bought all your logs at once.

Now for the Much Cheaper Method, and Maybe Faster

1. So now you need to figure out how many Willows you need, which I can't help you with. You're on your own.

2. Gather the money needed, and plan to only spend 12gp per log. I would choose a somewhat crowded World, there are more Willows this way.

Now you have TWO options at this point: Location

3. Head off to the Lumby OR Rimmington Gen Store.

This picture is the Lumb Gen store at 5 in the morning US Central, when hardly anyone is on, but I usually see upwards of 20k willows in there on a normal busy day.

willowsgenstore.jpg

This picture is the Rimmington Gen store at 8:30pm Us Central. As you can see, Rimmington is much better. Rimmington is a known powercutting site.

rimming.jpg

4. They are all priced at 12gp, which is where the much cheaper route comes in.

5. You might say, "but now I have to sit here buying them one load at a time." This is not the case. You can buy them right out of the store and burn them there, it's no different than withdrawing them from the bank and burning them. It requires the exact same amount of effort.

6. There is plenty of room right outside the Gen Store to burn, just make lines.

Lumb

lumbstorefire.jpg

There is also a nice long line spot running from the water to the Gen store, right north of the Woodcutting cape guy.

fireline.jpg

A quick reference picture of burning lines provided by J. Ceasar

routeslumbyrm9.png

Rimmington

You can start a fire line at these two spots, marked by the fires. They seem to be the best spots I can find closest to the door.

rimmingfire.jpg

Also some burning lines provided by the good J. Ceaser

routesrimmingtonjn9.png

Helpful Hints and Tips

~~Sometimes there will be a peron cutting trees while you are there. You can sometimes negotiate for a lower price that 12gp. Afterall, they are getting even lower pay from the Gen store, and they might settle to sell you loads as they cut them. This will save you even more money. There are more cutters online in Rimmington though, so check there first.

~~Having two tinderboxes in your bag can also cut down on burn time per load. You can place a box near the bottom, and one near the top of your inventory to reduce having to scroll far to burn. You can save precious time on your way to 99 FM.

So there you have it, I've been doing this for a few weeks now and I couldn't be happier. I'm saving tons of money, which I can spend on farming or other skills. This method can also be applied to fletching, as there are normal logs and Oak logs too, but only if you can find a members world with a full Gen store.

Please post what you think and any typos or mis spellings. Thank you guys. Feel free to add ideas and if i like them, I'll add them.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=616130 <--- Guide for Cheap 99 Firemaking

aeromist.gif

aeromist.gif

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice tip... not realy a guide (there are 2 more guides with same info)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Being a horrible moneymaker, this is the method I chose to get to 99 Firemaking.

The only problem is, you have to be in a F2P world.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Yup i did this for a few lvls. The best place to burn is to go inside the furnace thing room all the way to the west wall. You can do a whole line without moving out of the way. Fletching doesn't work for this unless you are banking them because its all on free worlds. Your lucky if you'll see any logs at all in a shop on members.

14279977.png

actually, it isn't that well known. none of my friends have known about this when training. the spot to light the fires though is a bit north of that, just south of the tree and the fence. one line ends on a thistle, so bring two tinderboxes.

fishing.gif

I did this method from 40-65 firemaking. Yes, it is efficient if you are on a tight budget, but if you want speed, this is certainly not the route to go. :P

The best time to buy is Wednesdays-sundays, as when there is an update, all shops empty, but later on in the week, a large stock will be there. Once there was 156k willows in the store I was fming in. :shock:

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

VERY VERY GOOD!!! \'

I am doing this method, I will be at it for a while!

jenkees2.gif

EDIT: Got very bored, this method may be cheaper, but it's a lot more boring.

Going for 99 Fletching now!

jenkees2.gif

sig-3.jpg

jenkees2.png

jenkees2.png

actually, it isn't that well known. none of my friends have known about this when training. the spot to light the fires though is a bit north of that, just south of the tree and the fence. one line ends on a thistle, so bring two tinderboxes.

What does bringing two tinderboxes do?

smudgerequestredbluesigxs5.png

Check out my blog here!

Thanks Jopie211 for the sig

ya its more of a tip, but i didnt see any guides out there, so i thought i'd post it. and i didnt think about only being on F2P, your right, it wouldnt work for fletching, but still saves you a ton of money. I dont really think it would much faster at all if you bought them from a player.

aeromist.gif

aeromist.gif

the places you burn are entirely up to you, i burn in that line from 54 to 60 and had no probelm at all. i gained lvls faster than my friend burning outside a bank, so its entirely up to you.

what doyou mean try something original? i didnt say i came up with this, i'm just putting it out there for people who don't know.

aeromist.gif

aeromist.gif

good guide, im gunna have a go when i have a million gp and a few hours spare...

Common knowledge.

that cant be THAT common knowledge - most of the peolple replying to this guide never knew it, i certainly didn't

What does bringing two tinderboxes do?

another thing i never thought of doing, but i can see how it would help:

have one at tinder at the top and one halfway down, saves movement of the hand whilst clicking on logs, or something like that...

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...