Cheapest spell for barrows...

Captainkidd

Lets see.. 55+ Runs. Starting with 1k Deaths & 4k Minds. Ended with 1.4k Deaths & 6k Minds, I do say I earned money.

25 runs started with 500 deaths and 2k minds ended with 1.2k deaths and 4k minds! I do say I also earned money!

AND I died once :thumbsup:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While wearing full torags and rune def I can hit constant 18's on Verac, Torag and Guthan, can you do that with bolt? And it really is naive of you to think you would not recieve minds and deaths in sufficient amounts for you to end up with more runes than you start with, seeing as many people have already mentioned this and you have ignored them on numerous occasions.

In case you don't know what replenish means here is a definition:

1. to make full or complete again, as by supplying what is lacking, used up, etc.: to replenish one's stock of food.

2. to supply (a fire, stove, etc.) with fresh fuel.

3. to fill again or anew.

I've read almost all of this thread, and everyone has been telling you that the chest replenishs the runes for you. Guess what? They are right. Even if the chest dosn't give all the runes back to you, it will give more than enough other runes or racks to pay for the deaths, and the next trip that you will do, you would get more deaths that you used back. I am telling you this from personal experience.

Slayer dart is also better to use if your not using prayer pots, because magic attack bonus dosn't affect the power of the spell, just the accuracy. You try hitting a 18 with Fire Bolt with Torags on, just try. You'll be lucky if you hit a 7.

You can add me if you want, my chat is almost always on =)

Barrows guide...no prayer potions needed?

1200/1400 cw tickets. (updated every 100)

Well the thing is, you can mage IN ARMOR with slayer dart. The dart's attacks don't depend on your bonus, but rather on your LEVEL. (60 mage is max 16 damage, 70 is 17, etc) Now obviously if your gonna go with mage armor, you might as well use a fire spell to save cash.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

constantly,every time, unless the monster dont have enough hp. and anyone experienced in gathering hi lev herbs knows how i do it.
So your fights go 12-12-12-12-12-12-9 dead? Yeah I think not.

Slayer dart hits harder, which means less prayer pot doses, and you get ALL the runes back for it.

It's better.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

constantly,every time, unless the monster dont have enough hp. and anyone experienced in gathering hi lev herbs knows how i do it.
So your fights go 12-12-12-12-12-12-9 dead? Yeah I think not.

Slayer dart hits harder, which means less prayer pot doses, and you get ALL the runes back for it.

It's better.

did i ever say i hit that against barrows brothers i was merely commenting that slayer dart is not the only spell that can hit constant and hard when wearing armor. i was refering to salarin the twisted.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

one thing - ur mage attck doesnt matter for slayer dart - try castin fire bolts and hitting multiple 15's with a very negative magic attack.

care to prove this point wrong?

also dart has a higher max hit

... Mage attack DOES matter for slayer dart. It's only because the brothers have very low magic defense that slayer dart hits fairly well.

No offense Captainkidd, but you don't seem to know barrows very well. How experienced are you at it?

icecube7.jpeg

one thing - ur mage attck doesnt matter for slayer dart - try castin fire bolts and hitting multiple 15's with a very negative magic attack.

care to prove this point wrong?

also dart has a higher max hit

I'm pretty sure that magic attack does effect how often you hit. Sure, you'll still hit a TON with slayer dart even with neg magic attack, but I find that I get much more constant max hits with +100 magic attack then I do with -20. My guess is that slayer dart is still effected by your magic attack, but just to a much smaller extent.

And yes, fire bolts suck and Captainkidd can't read other's posts.

EDIT: Crap, icecube beat me by seconds. Buuuuuuuut... he forgot to mention that fire bolt hits like crap on the brothers. ;)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

So think twice next time when you do to do 100+ barrows runs with slayer dart, Will you spend the extra 750k?

Yes :mrgreen:

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

i hybrid barrows, so i only used around 70 casts, which is 70 deaths, 280 minds. the rest of the time, i use dds/dscim/whip on karil and ahrim. i normally get more runes than i sue, so i actually make a profit, and i dont evem have to buy air runes.
Who ever said you have to by airs......? Anyways, your saying you can do a billion trips with only 70 deaths and 280 minds? If so get a video of it, so all of tip.it knows your a lier, I mean great at barrows

Um...Actully, If you start with 200 Deaths, and 800 Minds, there is a GOOD chance, if you get higher than 15 KC, that you will be able to last at barrows a GOOD many runs. I started out with 200 deaths and 800 Minds back at 92 combat, and now look at me, I NEVER ONCE bought runes for Barrows apart from those first 200 deaths and 800 minds.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Doesn't the chest give the Slayer Dart runes? So you get them back so you aren't technically using as many.

Yup, and its been stated many times in this thread. :wall:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Yeah so basically slayer dart owns fire bolt for barrows. Hands down. No questions asked.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

i hybrid barrows, so i only used around 70 casts, which is 70 deaths, 280 minds. the rest of the time, i use dds/dscim/whip on karil and ahrim. i normally get more runes than i sue, so i actually make a profit, and i dont evem have to buy air runes.
Who ever said you have to by airs......? Anyways, your saying you can do a billion trips with only 70 deaths and 280 minds? If so get a video of it, so all of tip.it knows your a lier, I mean great at barrows

it is very possible i sometime comes to barrows with enough noted p pots and food to do really much trips and if you get killcount like just a bit high not even very much you get all the time enough runes :)

Also, I GET HOW EVERY ONES SAYING THEY CAN DO 1 RUN WITH 70 DEATHS AND 280 MINDS, MY QUESTION IS THAT GET ME A MOVIE OF YOU DOING BARROWS 10 TIMES WITH ONLY 70 DEATHS AND 280 MINDS, IF YOU DONT THEM YOUR THEORY HAS NO PROOF.