Lost Planet - Really that great?

Gin_and_Tonic

Im thinking about buying Lost Planet for my Xbox 360, but im wondering if anyone here has it/has played it.

I dont havr Xbox Live, and i've heard Gears Of War story mode is actually better? I have Gears of War, just never got round to playing it :notalk:

Any thoughts... And is it worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50?

You should really try to get into Gears of War, I have seen some reviews on TV and it seems like a very good game.

When I think of buying a new game, I visit http://www.gamespot.com first. Has alot of reviews from other users, and the grades they give are very accurate.

Good luck :wink:

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

GoW is amazing, but Lost Planet acually doesn't get the credit it deserves. Try playing the game for a while, and you might be pleasently suprised at how enjoyable it is. Still, if it is a question of GoW to Lost Planet, then I would have to go with Gears. I would wait a while though, and see how other people enjoy it before you make your decision though. :)

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

i like it but someties it gets annoying like on the bosses and the controls for the suits could be a little better so u can move, hover and shoot all at once other than that its awesome one tip shoot the orange! the big things with 2 arms u can shoot the arms off by shooting the orange it kinda funny

Gears of War is in a different league to Lost Planet. Nuff said.

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

completely off topic here but GoW is so overrated.....it's was hyped more than Halo, why does everyone get excited when a game comes out that changes normal gameplay ever so slightly and has better graphics,

Halo-recharging health, grandes at a button press rather than a weapon, that's about it, other than that when i played it the single player was pathetic IMo and very boring, only good thing was DM and even that got boring

GoW- swingy grenades, cover mechanism, melee chainsaw and reload system, all of a sudden this makes it an amazing game, yes it's a good game, the cover mechanism is well implemented, i would only give it about a 9 though not like most reviews giving it 9.6 and over the top things....way to over rated.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

completely off topic here but GoW is so overrated.....it's was hyped more than Halo, why does everyone get excited when a game comes out that changes normal gameplay ever so slightly and has better graphics,

Halo-recharging health, grandes at a button press rather than a weapon, that's about it, other than that when i played it the single player was pathetic IMo and very boring, only good thing was DM and even that got boring

GoW- swingy grenades, cover mechanism, melee chainsaw and reload system, all of a sudden this makes it an amazing game, yes it's a good game, the cover mechanism is well implemented, i would only give it about a 9 though not like most reviews giving it 9.6 and over the top things....way to over rated.

You'd give it a 9 but not a 9.6? Do you realize how stupid that sounds? It's .6 points. Honestly now. The game isn't over-hyped, it was hyped to the point of how good it was thought it was going to be, and it delivered. Everything was well-implemented.

To the OP - You have GoW but have yet to play it? You better start. :P It's fun, but playing it with a friend on co-op is even more fun.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Not. Possible.

:lol: I still haven't even bothered to try and play or get GoW, considering I don't have a 360 and no plans on getting one...

You'd give it a 9 but not a 9.6? Do you realize how stupid that sounds? It's .6 points. Honestly now. The game isn't over-hyped, it was hyped to the point of how good it was thought it was going to be, and it delivered. Everything was well-implemented.

To the OP - You have GoW but have yet to play it? You better start. :P It's fun, but playing it with a friend on co-op is even more fun.

.6 is still quite a lot....ok then i'll change it, i give it an 8.6....thats a whole 1 or 10% which is a lot...happy now? all i'm saying its good but not that good....

and yeah Nadril i guess you're right, especially Halo 3, adverts a year before it comes out? talk about hyping...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Hmm, well i played Gears Of Wars, and although the short lived experience was awesome, it was SO hard - I think i got to like the 5th cut scence, and gave up... Far to hard for my liking. Not really that desperate to go buy a guide either, so i'll tackle it again during half term.

Hmm, well i played Gears Of Wars, and although the short lived experience was awesome, it was SO hard - I think i got to like the 5th cut scence, and gave up... Far to hard for my liking. Not really that desperate to go buy a guide either, so i'll tackle it again during half term.

Gotta' learn how to play it, then it's actually pretty easy. You have to take into account that you can die VERY easily when not in cover. Last night I was playing on Hardcore mode with a friend and I popped up for like 2 seconds to fire at a Locust Drone and a Locust on a Machine Gun Turret absolutely obliterated me because I was out of cover too much. :P

I absolutely love how easy you can die if you're not in cover. People who play Halo and run up to you and gank you with a Power Sword or sit out in the open and blast could never play GoW and be good at it. I love ducking and covering, it makes the "war" seem so much more real.

I've only found TWO problems with the game, and they're not even that major.

1.) The A button is for the Roadie Run AND ducking and covering. Sometimes when running, you'll get caught on some cover and it's kinda' annoying.

2.) I dunno' if it's a bug they fixed in a patch on Xbox Live or something (I don't have Live), but sometimes my chainsaw won't rev up when something is right in my face and I'll sometimes die because I didn't have a defense. That's only a little annoying too, and isn't major or game-breaking.

Everything else in the game is just great. Flawless.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

• 2 weeks later...
2.) I dunno' if it's a bug they fixed in a patch on Xbox Live or something (I don't have Live), but sometimes my chainsaw won't rev up when something is right in my face and I'll sometimes die because I didn't have a defense. That's only a little annoying too, and isn't major or game-breaking.

Actually that's supposed to happen. Everytime you get hit with bullets or melee'd you're chainsaw restarts. I think that's what you mean.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Actually that's supposed to happen. Everytime you get hit with bullets or melee'd you're chainsaw restarts. I think that's what you mean.

Yea, I've since noticed it isn't a bug. However, it's still annoying and almost defeats the purpose of the chain saw. If you get shot by chance while trying to chain saw them, you're screwed. :o

- Me!

Lost planet easily has enough good stuff to be worth 50 bucks. Problem is, there are other games for the 360 even more deserving of ur 50 bucks (or pounds, euros watever). If u have no cash restrictions, definitely get it. If not, ur better off going with other shooters.

And sorry for going offtopic, but ppl have to stop hating on GoW and Halo2. They were good games, and if they didnt agree with you, doesnt mean they were bad. Just look at the sales numbers if u need any more convincing. Oh and btw, did u know gears hit 8th place best selling in Japan? Hats off to Cliffy B and the Epic for having the first american game to do so.

And once again aplogies for offtopicness, but how come games like god of war, guitar hero, metal gear solid, or twighlight princess never get criticized? Always wondered that.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Yea, I've since noticed it isn't a bug. However, it's still annoying and almost defeats the purpose of the chain saw. If you get shot by chance while trying to chain saw them, you're screwed. :o

I dont think it defeats the purpose. If u cudnt be stopped with a chainsaw, then it wud be waaay overpowered. I mean, the lancer is the default weapon for cryin out loud.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Lost Planet is awesome. I found the single player really fun. It was pretty unique, I haven't really played any other games like it. Online is real fun when you're playing with a group of friends but can get a bit boring on your own. Love the range of VS (vital suits) and grenades, especially the disc grenades. Such great fun throwing them from ages away at someone just sitting in one position trying to snipe people, watching it hit him, then jump around like a headless chook then a few seconds later a great looking explosive devour him.

With games like this, GoW, Crackdown, sport games like NBA 2k7, it's a great time to have a 360 right now. (Pretty random but I felt like saying that :P)

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?