Secret P2P Macroers?

Ianw77

I got up today, turned on the TV, guess what? Snow Day! w00t. So I log on to get those last few sharks til 77 fishing. W99 head up to Catherby to snag some man eaters. That's when I start saying "yay snow day" etc. and to my surprise no response except for maybe 1 or 2 out of the 5+ people fishing. Then I do a little right click, they are all level 30 and under. Hmmm, maybe they aren't macros? They aren't like the f2p ones I'm used to, level 3 standard character, no clothes. They're at least level 10+ and wear cheap armor. But they are all fishing sharks which is more dedication than most level 10's. Then I start saying if no one responds I will report. Some people then log off. That's when I realised their macros auto log when someone sas report. But a few still remain. I couldn't report fast enough there were so many. But I eventually got them all.

Personally that really annoys me, I newly got 76 fishing and love catching sharks, it's my new favorite money maker. But macroers keep driving the price of my product down , in turn less profit for me. It reminded me of my f2p days, trying to earn cash for my full rune chopping yews, it took so long because yews price were really low. Macroers period anger me. But the point of this thread is to ever if you get up early look for the secret macroers look out for them theres more than you think. Discuss. Thanks. -Ianw7

mithmfishcape,Ianw7.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya...same thing's been happening to green dragons in the wildy. Dragon bone prices have plummeted, and d hide prices are down considerably too.

On another note, I live in Ohio and I got a snow day too today. :)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I hear ya...same thing's been happening to green dragons in the wildy. Dragon bone prices have plummeted, and d hide prices are down considerably too.

yes.. and it makes P2p wildy more fun and more things to do....

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Right on, is it becuase of snow or is it chill? On topic yeah I was reading about those macros in the Wild. I'm sure thats a main money maker for many players.

mithmfishcape,Ianw7.gif

Don't worry about it... Jagex will catch them and ban them.

What's even better is that Jagex are now becoming really good at investigating who their mule character is (their main character that they're shifting all their illegal money to), and banning it too! Haha

Macro scum!

Harrington.gif

yes.. and it makes P2p wildy more fun and more things to do....

Killing Autoers is a good solution but don't forget to report them too!

mithmfishcape,Ianw7.gif

Don't forget the chance that they are pure skillers...sure the chance is small.

Also, while fishing, I often surf forums...so if someones start talking, theirs a chance I dont even notice....

Also, sometimes I'll stick something in my spacebar, that way instead of logging out after 2 minutes of inactivity, its more like 5 minutes of inactivity...That way I can kick back and watch tv, while only having to look over at the screen for random events.

w4M8t.png

its not really a secret, there a lots of them.

Plank Runners, Shark Fishers, I think there are some nat crafters, and tons of green dragon slayers <.<

I am TIRED of people saying that if no one responds, they will report. That is NOT a valid base of reporting someone. Everybody has the right to turn private chat off, and you have no right to report someone because their private chat might just possibly be off.

lalalasig2.png

Indeed. I almost never go fishing at fishing guild, but when I am over there, I always see lvl 30s or below fishing sharks in like bronze sq with other noob stuff.

Ohwell, i guess jagex will find a way to get those macroers at the guild + green drags out of the way!

Clanleader of the Guardians Of Fate.

gof-sig.gif

If you suspect someone of macroing, simply report them and be done with it.

If you report them for macroing, Jagex will check and ban them if they are, in fact, cheating.

Threatening to report is actually a violation of rule 10 (Misuse of Customer Support). Don't blurt out "Tell me your fishing level or I'll report!". That's a bad idea if there's a mod somewhere nearby...

There's always a chance it's a player who doesn't want to be bothered talking with 12 year olds, and has public chat off.

Autoers are basicly a program, it jagex can find the program they can find how stop em

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

You're right about public chat being off, so I just PM them and surprisingly enough most of them are stupid enough to have the private chat on. Then I talk to them over the span of the auto log time and if they don't respond I report them.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

You're right about public chat being off, so I just PM them and surprisingly enough most of them are stupid enough to have the private chat on. Then I talk to them over the span of the auto log time and if they don't respond I report them.

::' Good Idea! I never thought of PMing them.

mithmfishcape,Ianw7.gif

Autoers are basicly a program, it jagex can find the program they can find how stop em

Before you start acting like you know what you're talking about. If you look hard enough you can find pascal (scar) scripts anywhere, do you honestly think that jagex can not find these. The script itself cannot be seen by jagex, as all it does is click, with a certain limitation on time, color, and whatnot.

Programmers are making highly hunmanlike mouse movements that would be RANDOMLY coordinated, making it impossible for jagex to tell the difference between a macroer and a normal player.

Macros are far more sophisticated then what people use them for. You can simply set up a 500k word bank and teach your script the rules of english grammer, allowing you to chat normally, or pm; when convenient.

The script recognizes colors and text in certain areas and respond accordingly.

So in other words, pie are squared

sigsn9.jpg

Also, sometimes I'll stick something in my spacebar, that way instead of logging out after 2 minutes of inactivity, its more like 5 minutes of inactivity...That way I can kick back and watch tv, while only having to look over at the screen for random events.

DON'T!! (or dont say that anyway...)

Its illegal under same rule as macroing i think. It counts as going AFK which is a bannable offence.

Matthew T-D

Whip drops: 9

Abyssal head drops: 3

Its illegal under same rule as macroing i think. It counts as going AFK which is a bannable offence.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't do that.

mithmfishcape,Ianw7.gif

I am TIRED of people saying that if no one responds, they will report. That is NOT a valid base of reporting someone. Everybody has the right to turn private chat off, and you have no right to report someone because their private chat might just possibly be off.

Absolutely! All that does is give a power trip to some person because they think they've got the ability to shuffle someone off their runescapian coil.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't do that.

the thing is, what do you do when your fishing? you could do that and stare at the screen and be legal.

Guest Cosinus

Another popular macro place is at the beginning of the Wilderness Part in Edgeville Dungeon, I've seen quite some Chaos Druid macroes there. :o