Group Chat...What happened?

Tyrrell9

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the mention of group chat in the January Behind the scenes? I saw it on there when it came out and when i look now, it's gone. I know i didn't imagine it, as i've seen similar threads on the official forums

Seems weird...maybe they didn't get it ready in time?

Tyrrell9.gif

They mentioned it years ago too, perhaps its just a hollow promise, or perhaps it'll come out later.

I'm pretty sure they will bring something like "group chat" out soon though, and additional clan support, otherwise 3rd party apps will become more and more popular, increasing the risk of hackings

Founder of Fast Free Double Natures 40292632082564828.png

Click here to see my Goals and Achievements!

hehe, just found it strange how they actually deleted it out of the update list

They also delete every technical announcement as soon as it no longer applies :-s

Owner of quest cape since December of 2006

wherzwaldo1.png

Guys, stop complaining... Jagex has to deal with scammers, bug abusers, angry people who get banned, bad player mods, forum spammers, and bugs with the game, and yet they still give us atleast three updates a month, usually.

Not complaining, just wondering if anyone else had realised, as i thought it was weird they'd edited it off the january bts

Tyrrell9.gif

They said after the whole 3rd party client fiasco that they would have it out as soon as possible. That means that after that point they started working on it. Updates don't take weeks they take months; updates that you see in the behind the scenes they have been working on for months or perhaps even years. This is a pretty complicated thing to do, so I imagine we won't be seeing it until around the midpoint of the year; hopefully sooner, we can wish, but it will probally be a while.

You de realize they will never release it, it was only just a decoy to keep us happy. :?

you can't really prove that necessarly.

I think they were going to release it probably, but due to the rule update and the massive outrage over it, they wanted to recall it and make some more updates and changes to it. That's my hypothesis.

They said after the whole 3rd party client fiasco that they would have it out as soon as possible. That means that after that point they started working on it. Updates don't take weeks they take months; updates that you see in the behind the scenes they have been working on for months or perhaps even years. This is a pretty complicated thing to do, so I imagine we won't be seeing it until around the midpoint of the year; hopefully sooner, we can wish, but it will probally be a while.

Exactly, Stop complaining 3 weeks after they say they have started working on it that it isn't done yet. Would you rather have a feature that causes all of RS to be bugged really bad, or a good system?

Would you rather have a feature that causes all of RS to be bugged really bad, or a good system?
After 6 years, I'm still waiting for the latter...

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

hehe, just found it strange how they actually deleted it out of the update list

They also delete every technical announcement as soon as it no longer applies :-s

They do delete a ton of stuff that would make them look bad to people re-reading news. The dupe, being one example, which I believe has been erased.

You de realize they will never release it, it was only just a decoy to keep us happy. :?

you can't really prove that necessarly.

I think they were going to release it probably, but due to the rule update and the massive outrage over it, they wanted to recall it and make some more updates and changes to it. That's my hypothesis.

Ye I agree...that's the only reason i could think of as to why they'd remove it from the update

Tyrrell9.gif

Eh. They NEVER said anything about group chat in the January BTS. What they did say was with SS being illegal that they're working on a Clan Chat system which would be released soon.

It didn't appear in January BTS. It will come out when it's ready. End of discussion.

Eh. They NEVER said anything about group chat in the January BTS. What they did say was with SS being illegal that they're working on a Clan Chat system which would be released soon.

It didn't appear in January BTS. It will come out when it's ready. End of discussion.

They definately said it in the January BTS. I saw it on the day it came out. It's gone now for some reason, but I know it was there, as I've seen people talkin about it on official forums

Tyrrell9.gif