Three Big Questions to Ask Yourself

darkmage099

There are plenty of people out there who are that exactly. Those are your titles

But that's all part of who I am. It's irrelevant that there are other people with the same titles, there's still only one me.

Then what are you

I am a woman. And I am content knowing that I enjoy life and therefore don't worry about unanswerable questions.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm angry? Noone on tip.it has ever seen me in an "angry" state. Who the hell can sit here and type rationally while angry anyways?

It had nothing to do with you stating that it came down to your faith. That's your deal. It had something to do with everyone else answering "Yea, uhh...I'm me..." and you going "So? That means nothing. Who are you REALLY?"

Maybe you're fooling everyone else, but I'm 100% certain this was another God thread. Anyone else can go look at the first page and see that themselves.

"That's not the point. We all know we exist. I am just asking..why. You should always question. You may not get an answer, but it may lead you to something."

Ooo, look. Fully implied again.

Actually, I went to bed. If this is not your angry state, I don't want to see your "angry state".

THis is not another God thread. I am asking you why you exist! I have no idea how God comes into this except as an answer, which you already stated was my deal and perfectly acceptable.

I am simply stating that you should ask questions...what does that imply?

FLAME CLOSED.

You hold your opinions, and I will hold mine. Don't post further "arguments/rants" about what we have just discussed.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Uh, yea. I'm going to listen to what you say. Or not.

Here, ever heard of "Connect the dots"? Probably not, since you're incapable. I'll teach you.

Dot one: You posting this, asking others these questions.

Dot two: You not accepting anyone's questions that do not involve something about God. They weren't "good enough" for you, and you just again did it.

Dot three: You saying it came down to your faith.

Connect them. Connect them and anyone with half a brain can see why you weren't accepting answers that didn't involve God...It's because you wanted them to accept the fact that there is a God, and that without God, you can't answer these questions fully.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Here, ever heard of "Connect the dots"? Probably not, since you're incapable. I'll teach you.

Dot two: You not accepting anyone's questions that do not involve something about God. They weren't "good enough" for you, and you just again did it.

Connect them. Connect them and anyone with half a brain can see why you weren't accepting answers that didn't involve God...It's because you wanted them to accept the fact that there is a God, and that without God, you can't answer these questions fully.

I kind of agree with you here Tigra, it's much clearer to me now that these questions will be forever rhetorical to darkmage untill you answer god in every one. Even if you don't mean it, it's indirectly implied. Of course you could prove us wrong by giving us example answers without god, because it seems everyone is wrong in some way (to you) so far.

Here we go again...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Off-topic: Omg... I haven't seen you in months (I'd remember your sig) but I was doing some french homework before I posted my previous post on this thread (which I don't agree with btw...) and I accidentally wrote "depressedsquirrel" on my paper... I was so freaking tired yesterday... And now I've got 2 hours before my mom gets mad at me for not finishing my project... But it'd take like 15 minutes of actual work to do it... So tired...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

Here we go again...

If you don't want flame wars, then those kind of posts really don't help. I was asking him to give us an example so we all don't feel like meaningless aglomerations of useless chemicals without god.

Here we go again...

If you don't want flame wars, then those kind of posts really don't help. I was asking him to give us an example so we all don't feel like meaningless aglomerations of useless chemicals without god.

Sorry, but the way you phrased the question seems to be either asking for a flame war or another 70 page God debate :? .

How about we just ask him to stop making comments with a Christian view behind them about other people's opinions? Less times we use the word 'god' in the question/imperative statement the better :-$ .

Er, whatever, maybe just stop attacking people's opinions altogether, my question might not be much better :|.

Here we go again...

Sorry, but the way you phrased the question seems to be either asking for a flame war or another 70 page God debate :? .

How about we just ask him to stop making comments with a Christian view behind them about other people's opinions? Less times we use the word 'god' in the question/imperative statement the better :-$ .

Er, whatever, maybe just stop attacking people's opinions altogether, my question might not be much better :|.

Your being a protagonist. You and I both know what hapens if someone goes down that path. I was asking a question, not attacking his faith or asking him to change his opinion in any way, shape or form. I was just asking for a non theistic example of an answer.

Your being a protagonist. You and I both know what hapens if someone goes down that path. I was asking a question, not attacking his faith or asking him to change his opinion in any way, shape or form. I was just asking for a non theistic example of an answer.

Well, you know how easily some people can twist a general question so it appears to them to be an attack :-# .

Okay, lez get back on topic :-k :-$ .

You hold your opinions, and I will hold mine. Don't post further "arguments/rants" about what we have just discussed.

I find that ironic as all you have done is questions peoples answers because they wern't good enough for you. I don't think you are pushing anything onto people but it is a little rude.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I find that ironic as all you have done is questions peoples answers because they wern't good enough for you. I don't think you are pushing anything onto people but it is a little rude.

I kind of agree with you here Tigra, it's much clearer to me now that these questions will be forever rhetorical to darkmage untill you answer god in every one. Even if you don't mean it, it's indirectly implied. Of course you could prove us wrong by giving us example answers without god, because it seems everyone is wrong in some way (to you) so far.

Ridiculous. #-o I pray for human life.

Once again, I am not "grading" these or "accepting" these answers. Just asking why. I can't question answers that come down to God because I cannot question others' faith you flaming idiots.

dmanxb7.jpg

I'm not talking about God. I'm talking about your attitude to peoples answers they give. And if anything you're flaming for calling us idiots.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I'm not talking about God. I'm talking about your attitude to peoples answers they give. And if anything you're flaming for calling us idiots.

What is my attitude towards them? Certainly not harsh. I actually thank them for giving it a shot and not saying "I dont know" or something stupid.

dmanxb7.jpg

1. Who are you?

I am a person among billions, lost in confusion and anger :roll:

2. What are you doing here?

I have no idea and I don't care about finding out.

3. What is your purpose?

Pretty much the same as 2, though I like to try to make other people happy where possible. Still, number one comes first, eh? :) My own purpose is to live life to the full without letting anyone come in the way of it - except of course if it's annoying or bad for them. I just want to enjoy myself, do what I enjoy. It's a good enough purpose for me and I couldn't give a damn about 'God'

(No offence to religious people, I just hate it when people say 'my purpose is to please God'. I mean it's your life just that - your life? I respect the individual's freedom to choose, but isn't putting yourself before your 50/50 incorrect beliefs a more fulfilling thing to do? Eh, maybe not. Depends on your opinion about - um. everything)

We were discussing these questions in one of my classes, and I thought it would be interesting if the Tip.it community would give their opinions.

I am interested especially in the answers of the atheists because my answers came down to my faith.

1. Who are you?---Not your name or subjective opinions about you. Who are you?

2. What are you doing here?---Not at the computer. On Earth. What is the point of you living? Wont there always be someone to take your place?

3. What is your purpose?---This question is linked to number 2. Pretend there is a man behind you shouting "WHY" after everything you say. Look as deep as you can.

Im a human, not much else to say there

Im here to be part of the human race, and to help further us in the universe in an attempt to keep humanity ongoing.

But on a greater scale, i dont think we really have a point of being here on earth. In the universe, we are nothing, and we will probably never be anything at the rate we are going.

Im a non believer

Founder of Fast Free Double Natures 40292632082564828.png

Click here to see my Goals and Achievements!

i before i awnser have a question for you... are you trying to get people depresd about the selves with this tread? serieus question

1. Who are you?---Not your name or subjective opinions about you. Who are you?- i am a human being who actualy has nothing to do on earth but to just wait on and die maybe getting childeren in that time and getting knowlage wich if im dead would be totaly useless so wel i could of just die right now no harm done

2. What are you doing here?---Not at the computer. On Earth. What is the point of you living? Wont there always be someone to take your place?- yep im totaly useless i am doing nothing wich realy dos somthing cause no one can say what you do

3. What is your purpose?---This question is linked to number 2. Pretend there is a man behind you shouting "WHY" after everything you say. Look as deep as you can. - i got no purpose no one does evryone could of just die right now no problems

I actually thank them for giving it a shot and not saying "I dont know" or something stupid.

That is a crap [wagon] thing to say. It's not stupid to not know. It's a perfectly legitimate response to the questions, and I believe it answers them fully.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Ridiculous. #-o I pray for human life.

Once again, I am not "grading" these or "accepting" these answers. Just asking why. I can't question answers that come down to God because I cannot question others' faith you flaming idiots.

Just give it a shot mate, answers without god. Can you do it? Just so I don't feel useless, please. I'm begging you, I need meaning in my life and I think I might kill myself if I don't have some kind of purpose without god!!

=;

So you can't give me a simple example and now I'm just a flaming idiot for suggesting it? I'm not asking you to question others faith, just give an example of the three answers without using god.

1. Who are you?---

I am a human being.

2. What are you doing here?---

Maturing until I can fufill our societies requirements to carry out question #3

3. What is your purpose?---

So I can fufill the biological meaning of life- to reproduce.

Because, sadly, there is no deep meaning of life. It's not 42, it isn't anything. We are all animals, and all animals exist so they can a) reproduce, and B) feed other animals.

There's no sig here. Move it along...

Dargmage, just a question: what are you trying to accomplish here? Really? Somehow i get the feeling you have some more reason than just "finding out". Also, what are *your* answers to these questions?

As for me...I'm sorta in the process of figuring out those answers myself, but if anyone's ever read the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett, I'm pretty much in agreement with Granny Weatherwax on this one.

sig2.jpg

gonpost, God, if he exists, is all knowing. He knows everything, I can't remember the proper name

Omniscient (L. "omnis"=all, everything, "scient"= to know).

Still, omniscience in a God eliminates free will, which kinda bothers me :? .