"I've Never Heard Of Them"

l33thunt3r

Sorry if this has been posted before, but please read anyways:

What are some underrated/un heard of artists/bands that are good, but get little to no attention at all?

Some I know from the top of my head are:

Dream Theatre (I found out through muggi's avatar <3: )

Sonata Arctica

Unearth

(Those are metal, name some that come to your mind.)

Also, if this has been posted before, please let me know and lock it if you must. :|

Dream theater is widley praised among the metal community. Sonata Arctica is fairly popular too and Unearth as well.

We actualy had a thread like this a while back, I think. Anyways I'd have to say:

Ildjarn

Animus

Aarni

Behold... The arctopus

those four are all pretty obsure bands that I have not seen many people at all know about. (metal as well).

Strata is a really good local band, they are getting kinda big now too I think. Their self-titled first album was great, and I think their new album is coming out in a few months. I have heard some of the songs from their new album and they are great, can't wait for it. Check em out. :P

:D

Mr Blasty33 - 116 Combat

~ 99 Attack ~ 99 Magic ~ 99 HP ~ 94 Strength ~ 98 Range ~

http://www.last.fm ftw in finding new bands similar to ones you like.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

underOATH

Silverstein

The Sword

Emanuel

As I lay dying

Rise Against

The Devil Wears Prada

Just some bands off the top of my head. Some of them are kinda emo/screamo bands, but i still think they are good.

6g3b21v.jpg

underOATH

Silverstein

The Sword

Emanuel

As I lay dying

Rise Against

The Devil Wears Prada

Just some bands off the top of my head. Some of them are kinda emo/screamo bands, but i still think they are good.

Well UnderOath is REALLY popular (listening to "Reinventing Your Exit" now :-w )

As I Lay Dying is good too, they're one of my faves.

Rise Against is pretty much mainstream. :(

Norther is heavily shadowed by Bodom, and Bodom fans can't afford to miss them

Skyfire, as I always say, Naildown is kind of new, but also excels in the Bodom genre.

Elvenking is a good mix of power/folk metal

Thats just off of the top of my head...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Obviously this will sound stupid, but there's a very large number of kids around my age (6th-8th grade, me being in 8th) haven't heard of Wu-Tang or have only heard of them from Chappelle's Show -.-. It's kinda sad, they're missing out on good stufff....

La Costra Noka and House of Pain is pretty unknown among the people I know as well (Both being rap). Man, it can get kinda annoying, but what can ya do about it...

I believe a lot of the music I listen to people will have never heard of in here, Makka Diamond, Sizzla Kalonji, Delly Ranks, Munga, Bounty Killer, Leroy Gibbon, Jah Cure, but that is only in these forums lol.

However I know a few local UK artists that have yet to be signed and I think are pretty good, Da Brakes, Ticker Boo, Dreamz and Charts IIIa. My friends all listen to Da Brakes only because we know him personally, but tell anyone else, and they are baffled as to who he is. But meh, it doesn't thrill me to have people say to me "I haven't heard of them". In fact it irritates me, lol, but I try to educate.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Sonata Arctica

I LOVE Sonata Arctica, my friend told me of a band like them called HIM

HIM is great but pretty well known too.

i dont know much about Sonata Arctica but i heard 1 song that gave me chills - Shamandalie (sorry if i misspelled). i strongly recommend this to any1. they should get more credit for it, but it seems they are not so unknown after all :)

i wonder how well known is Poets of the Fall?

There is also a band named Kingdom Come. decades ago they were accused of copying Zep (which they did a bit, i admit), and got hugely underrated, but they sure used to make hell of a good music... sadly, latest albums have been rather pointless.

This is the world we live in

And these are the hands we're given

Use them and lets start trying

To make it a place worth living in