The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Auriaya down in 25-Man and we are stuck on Mimiron on 10-Man (P3 & 4).

I got noble and all achievements that go with it really fast.

Doing 3v3 but disc priests are [bleep]ing hard to come by.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

MIMIRON 25 MAN DOWN!!!!!!

After 2 solid nights of wiping we get mimiron down to the point where no one is dead when phase 4 comes. That really is the point you should be aiming for because phase 4 gets crazier and crazier to survive through as you go along. We wiped 5 times because of a bugged barrage, the worst wipe being at

1% on head

2% chest

4% bottom

General Vezax will go down tonight, apparently the trash is harder than the boss and Mimiron at the moment is the most difficult of all the bosses so if all goes well we should ahve ulduar cleared early on into the next reset.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I'm still facepalming.

My guild hasn't killed anything past FL yet. -.-

Lol, same here.

Building my beast computer on Tuesday of next week.

Intel Core2 Quad 2.4GHz (OC to 3.0)

ATI Radeon HD 4870 (CrossFire in a few months)

4GB RAM

Plus a sick looking case

Cant wait :twisted:

I'm still facepalming.

Really? XT-002 has been so nerfed I would be amazed if you couldn't get him down still.

Guys, quick question.

Well, today was my first Dungeon as Ret since I switched from Holy. I'm a poorly geared, new to ret level 73 and I was putting out 1150 DPS in quest greens, some of which are still Holy (Int, Sta, SP) than Ret (Str, Crit, Sta) and I was out DPSing a level 73 DK and a level 78 Hunter.

Is this good or could it require improvement? I wasn't using SoM for most of it until the last boss fight. It was UK if that makes any difference.

Guys, quick question.

Well, today was my first Dungeon as Ret since I switched from Holy. I'm a poorly geared, new to ret level 73 and I was putting out 1150 DPS in quest greens, some of which are still Holy (Int, Sta, SP) than Ret (Str, Crit, Sta) and I was out DPSing a level 73 DK and a level 78 Hunter.

Is this good or could it require improvement? I wasn't using SoM for most of it until the last boss fight. It was UK if that makes any difference.

I guess. Who really cares about dps pre-80 as long as the stuff dies though.

I know, but I'm just trying to get an idea of my first ret performance here since the people I was doing the dungeon with were either slackers or 9 year olds and I really don't trust their opinion on it.

trying thorim all night. got him to 6% on our best try.

It would be pretty straightforward, if people werent bloody awful at the game. You could get away with [cabbage] in naxx, but now that content is actually difficult, crap raiders are showing their true colours.

Tk5SF.png

I know, but I'm just trying to get an idea of my first ret performance here since the people I was doing the dungeon with were either slackers or 9 year olds and I really don't trust their opinion on it.

If your gear is as awful as you say (armory link please?) then 1.1k is fine for lvl 73. (depending on how much you aoe'd).

And people are terrible at this game so expect to beat a lot of them.

trying thorim all night. got him to 6% on our best try.

It would be pretty straightforward, if people werent bloody awful at the game. You could get away with [cabbage] in naxx, but now that content is actually difficult, crap raiders are showing their true colours.

We beat him on 10 man real easy, I heard 25 man is a bit harder though. Agree about the crap raiders thing though.

If your gear is as awful as you say (armory link please?) then 1.1k is fine for lvl 73. (depending on how much you aoe'd).

And people are terrible at this game so expect to beat a lot of them.

Gear isn't actually as awful as I thought, I'm not sure. I'm still new to the Ret / DPS side of things so can't really say if it's good or not.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Risteard

Suggestions would be appreciated anyway. Didn't AoE much as I was having Mana issues to stuck so single targets.

1.1k for a lvl 73 in greens is good in my book. Even at Heroics I still get guys doin' 1000-1300 DPS so you're not that far off. Are you going to Dual Spec Holy/DPS at 80?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's all down to a combination what's best for the guild / my playing ability. In the time I played as Holy, I never seemed to have any major issues with need for improvement in Healing, never even tryed Prot so I don't know.

Priority for now would be Epic flyer and getting geared up as my guild is already making it's way through Ulduar and finishing up on Naxxramas.

Well my rogue @ 70 pulled around 1200-1300dps if I remember right in full epics, raid buffed. I think you're probably in a decent position to pull around 1100 @ 73, although your gear (obviously) needs help getting rid of the spell power pieces. I would hope you were throwing divine storm into your rotation though, right? From what I understand from my ret buddies they say ret dps is pretty much just hit whatever isn't on CD.

Even at Heroics I still get guys doin' 1000-1300 DPS so you're not that far off

bads will always be bads. :lol:

SO I dinged 79 earlier today. I will be 80 soon because I'm rested all the way. Where should I start looking for gear? My guild seems to be a bit ahead of me doing stuff I dont think I'm geared for.

at lvl 79 lock I have unbuffed (no self buffs): 12k health 14k mana 10% crit 928 bonus damage. Yeah, my gear is utter [cabbage].

Zedar- undead warlock

Burning Blade

I'm still facepalming.

Really? XT-002 has been so nerfed I would be amazed if you couldn't get him down still.

Herein lies the problem. We spent one night trying XT the week it came out.

We've spent basically every raid night since trying to work out Ignis, and when the trash respawns, trying Razorscale until we call the night.

Not happy at all.

I'm still facepalming.

We've spent basically every raid night since trying to work out Ignis, and when the trash respawns, trying Razorscale until we call the night.

Not happy at all.

Ignis is the hardest of the 3.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Amazadin

Haven't been on these forums in forever.... Nadril is at almost 19k posts - last time I was here he had just broken 10k XD.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

^ with the amount of [cabbage] thats happening in WoW too atm... :D

Just did a sarth 10 3Drake rush with my guild. It's pretty fun. Pulled 4800dps without a feral drood.

edit:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=52581.0

We're currently in the process of making further difficulty adjustments via hotfix to the following encounters:

* Ignis the Furnace Master

* Razorscale

* XT-002 Deconstructor

* The Assembly of Iron

* Kologarn

* Auriaya

The difficulty of these encounters is being lowered in multiple ways. Some of the adjustments are live already, others will be live soon. Note that some of the spell tooltips for the encounter will not reflect the hotfixes being deployed until the next patch. As the hotfixes are deployed, the Service Status board will be updated. You can check the current hotfix thread here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 8165&sid=1

Further adjustments are highly likely to some of the other encounters in Ulduar, but these were the highest priority encounters for us. We want to allow additional players to experience more of the cool Ulduar content.

Ulduar

* Pure Saronite mining nodes have temporarily been disable in Ulduar and will return in the future.

* The Ignis the Furnace Master encounter has received the following changes: The interrupt effect and duration of the damage from Flame Jets has been reduced, the damage from the Slag pot has been reduced, the number of Heat stacks needed to transform an Iron Construct into a Molten state has been reduced, the base melee damage done by Ignis has been reduced, and the damage bonus Ignis receives from Strength of the Creator has been slightly increased.

* The Assault Bots on the Mimiron encounter will now attack faster, in turn they will do less damage per hit.

* The XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has received the following changes: The duration of Tympanic Trantrum has been reduced, the timer for XT-002 to hit berserk has been increased, the damage of Light Bomb has been reduced, the effect radius of Light Bomb has been reduced, and the health of XM-024 Pummeler has been reduced.

Why they feel the need to nerf easy encounters is beyond me. The only one out of those that could have possibly used a little readjusting was ignis (and even then we got him to 8% the other night down 2 players and only 6 healers) but really.. those other fights are real easy.

It will be funny though when those people hit the brick wall known as mimron. If you can't down XT-002/Razorscale yet than I kind of doubt you can kill Mimron trash. :lol:

I'm still facepalming.

Not happy at all.

Ignis is the hardest of the 3.

I know..