The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, 80 was definitely easy, I got it doing only Borean tundra, Howling Fjord, Grizzly hills, and Dragonblight and it was pretty fast too. I just kept questing after... finished Scholazar, Icecrown, and Storm Peaks. Spring Break let me play a lot. :lol:

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

you skipped council nad?

Its pretty damn easy. Much much easier than kologarn anyway.

I wouldn't say skipped. We already had experience from Kologorn from 10 man today so it only took us like 6-7 attempts or so. Granted the 25 man fight is a lot harder than 10 man because of all the [cabbage] going on.

We're going for council on reset now. Still we have Leviathan/Razorscale/XT-002/Kologorn down in 3 raids, and one of those ended early due to server troubles. We certainly can get council down tomorrow easy than I'm not sure where we're going next.

you skipped council nad?

Its pretty damn easy. Much much easier than kologarn anyway.

I wouldn't say skipped. We already had experience from Kologorn from 10 man today so it only took us like 6-7 attempts or so. Granted the 25 man fight is a lot harder than 10 man because of all the [cabbage] going on.

We're going for council on reset now. Still we have Leviathan/Razorscale/XT-002/Kologorn down in 3 raids, and one of those ended early due to server troubles. We certainly can get council down tomorrow easy than I'm not sure where we're going next.

crazy cat lady is quite hard I've heard.

Freya is pretty easy though.

Tk5SF.png

Guild did a couple of attempts on Freya 25 man. Took a few attempts to get a grasp of the fight and it seems like you can use brute force dps to kill it. Benched on this boss while the other resto druid takes over but i am looking forward to Thorim/Hodir and then the so called "raidkiller" that is mimiron.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Yeah, 80 was definitely easy, I got it doing only Borean tundra, Howling Fjord, Grizzly hills, and Dragonblight and it was pretty fast too. I just kept questing after... finished Scholazar, Icecrown, and Storm Peaks. Spring Break let me play a lot. :lol:

if you ever have plans on making a new account... The Underbog realm ;) haha

and Nadril i tried talking to you on my noob and you were in a big boss haha. did you ever get the message?

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Haha Nadril we both got Fragment on XT-002 :thumbup: But the funny thing is you whispered your druid friend to say XT down and got Fragment, I did EXACTLY the same thing, it's just that I did it after the SS! :D

Seems like your guild is on the same progression run as us, except we've downed Council which actually is a complete loot boss once you figure out the fusion punches :wall: Next week I'm going to convince my guild to do FL+2/3 even though I'm not in the raid. Seriously, FL is so easy and even with 3 adds it looks relitavely simple.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Haha Nadril we both got Fragment on XT-002 :thumbup: But the funny thing is you whispered your druid friend to say XT down and got Fragment, I did EXACTLY the same thing, it's just that I did it after the SS! :D

Seems like your guild is on the same progression run as us, except we've downed Council which actually is a complete loot boss once you figure out the fusion punches :wall: Next week I'm going to convince my guild to do FL+2/3 even though I'm not in the raid. Seriously, FL is so easy and even with 3 adds it looks relitavely simple.

Haha yeah. Have you guy's done Kologorn yet? On 25 man it's kind of a [bleep] because the room is PACKED and a screwed up eye beam can kill like 5 guys.

And the druid I whispered was Lionheart btw. :lol:

and Nadril i tried talking to you on my noob and you were in a big boss haha. did you ever get the message?

Yeah I got that message, wasn't sure who it was though. At that point I was much too focused on downing XT-002. :)

Just installed WoW on my laptop.

Will I have to install each and everyone of the patches or is there some "shortcut patch" that'll be downloaded eventually? I'm waiting for the first one to finish... 40 mins left. It's also uploading at max and thus choking my connection... there's no way to limit it apparently. Ugh, [bleep] the Blizzard downloader. Seriously.

2009rb9.jpg

The way I did it was download the wrath of the lich king install from the website and then it should patch to 3.1 in a few small patches.

Can anyone download from there? (I'm guessing you'll need to provide a valid cd-key or whatever.)

2009rb9.jpg

The way I did it was download the wrath of the lich king install from the website and then it should patch to 3.1 in a few small patches.

Can anyone download from there? (I'm guessing you'll need to provide a valid cd-key or whatever.)

assuming you installed all the expansions from the discs already, there will only be like 2 or 3 patches in total.

Tk5SF.png

assuming you installed all the expansions from the discs already, there will only be like 2 or 3 patches in total.

I only installed the first one, seeing as my hunter is only level 29. It took long enough to install just that one. :P

e: Hehe, installing the first patch now. Reading through the patch notes brings back some memories:

Cross-Realm Battlegrounds

For the first time in the history of World of Warcraft, you will be able to face off against players from other realms in the Battlegrounds. PvP Battlegrounds link Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch, and Arathi Basin so that players from several realms will be combined into one huge matchmaking pool. Replenish your mana, sharpen your blades, and get ready for some brand-new challengers!

World PvP

The stage is set for intense, objective-based land battles as Horde and Alliance vie for control over important strategic positions and resources around Azeroth. Head out for Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands to engage the enemy on the field!

2009rb9.jpg

limiting the amount of time people can spend on a fight is not the right way to make it hard.

Why not? Only having an hour a week means that your raiders need to be on point. They have to adjust quickly and react to new situations fast. There is no "oh just wipe it and try again" because you will only have maybe 4 good attempts in on him.

I mean nothing is harder than that. Other encounters get beaten so quick because guilds can dedicate 8-9 hours to them in a sitting. And, honestly, after 8 hours straight you should have a decent idea on the mechanics.

And anyways there is nothing new blizzard can really do Jaziek. The players in the game are too good now and there is only so many challenges they can put into an encounter. This time limit, along with what is going to be an amazingly hard boss (I watched a video of their attempt, they got raped), is going to seperate the skilled players from those who have too much time on their hands.

And in the end, it's an optional boss. People have QQed all expansion about wanting a hard encounter, wanting a hardcore one and, well, they got one.

Ok, I phrased myself completely wrongly in my previous post.

In theory, I agree, time limiting is a good idea. It levels the playing field somewhat. But 1 hour a week is FAR too short of a time.

1 hour a day, fine, 5 hours a week, fine, but giving such a tiny amount of time to attempt such a hard encounter is just ridiculous.

Tk5SF.png