The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it easy 30-40.The only hard level ranges or level are 57-58 and 60-61 reason being your just wiating to get to outland and suddenly become twice as powerful and 60-61 is whne you go back to old exp usually at the end of hellfire peninsula with only a few quests so your starved off xp.Those 2 levels specifically are real rough.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Ran through Razorfen Kraul and the Graveyard part of Scarlet Monastery, got some alright loot, only replaced 2 pieces of armour though (Legs and a cape). :wall:

Im gonna try and get to level 40 by the end of the week, seeing as i just read on the forums the patch won't go live for another 2 weeks.

keen.png

I find it easy 30-40.The only hard level ranges or level are 57-58 and 60-61 reason being your just wiating to get to outland and suddenly become twice as powerful and 60-61 is whne you go back to old exp usually at the end of hellfire peninsula with only a few quests so your starved off xp.Those 2 levels specifically are real rough.

I'm on 61 :wall: I agree with that choice.

Ran through Razorfen Kraul and the Graveyard part of Scarlet Monastery, got some alright loot, only replaced 2 pieces of armour though (Legs and a cape). :wall:

Im gonna try and get to level 40 by the end of the week, seeing as i just read on the forums the patch won't go live for another 2 weeks.

yay! that means I can get to 40, by the mount old-style and then call all the people who get it afterwards scrubs! life is good.

Tk5SF.png

I've hit a kind of roadblock at 51 on my Lock. I can't find any good places to Quest, it all seems very scattered across 3-4 different Zones. Also, what kind of strategy is more viable for solo levelling as a Lock? I've tried the 3 main ones: Void Tanking, Felguard Tanking and Drain Tanking.

The Felguard one seems to me totally unapplicable, seeing as he takes a lot of damage when only fighting 1-2 mobs, and his mana runs out pretty quick, even when he's only using the aggro-grab move. And since he has no self-heal like Consume Shadows, there's a lot more downtime (Blood Funneling, Bandaging, etc).

I've only briefly tried the Drain-Tanking method, which I can do reasonably well on 2-3 mobs at once with Mana Tapping and Dark Pacting, and it seems as though it's the way to go.

The void-tanking one is the most familiar to me, so that's really why I enjoy it the most, I suppose.

So... suggestions on Zones would be appreciated, as well as on the 3 strategies. And, if I end up Drain-Tanking, should I be holding a Wand or a Spellstone in my Off-Hand slot?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

yay! that means I can get to 40, by the mount old-style and then call all the people who get it afterwards scrubs! life is good.

Sounds like an idea...any bets if I can get a 29 to 40 in two weeks with uni work/real work at the same time :P ?

Did anybody re-roll on the new EU realm? Blade's Edge.

If anyone wants someone to level with I recently rolled a blood elf mage there under the name Bradders :)

what guild you in mate?

join Kentucky Fried Kodo for the awesomeness. my name is Jaziek. throw me a /w and I'll invite you.

I rolled a Belf priest for lulz. My name is Yttrium I'll add you both.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Should be easy to get to 40 by then Baron, just aim for a level a day or something.

Just dinged 34, switching between Stranglethorn Vale, Alterac and the Arathi Highlands atm for questing, pretty quick an easy quests in most of these areas, 33 - 34 took about an hour an a bit.

Im aiming for 40 by the end of Thursday, then no more walking. :thumbup:

keen.png

> England: Ok everyone, this is a simple fight, basically we are going to

> form one big circle around Germany and slowly dps it down. Can uh

> someone please help me summon the US.

> US: Uh yeah guys, I'm in the bank sorting my bags out, dont summon yet.

> Poland dies.

> England: POLAND WTF WHY START THE FIGHT!

> Poland: Dude I didn't he just aggroed.

> Austria-Hungary is afflicted by mind-control.

> England: SOMEONE PICK IT UP NOW

> France: It's cool, I got this

> France casts German-France border shield wall.

> Germany casts go-through-belgium.

> France dies

> France: FFS why do I always die so quick?

> England: OK WTF WHY AM I TANKING, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE RANGE DPS FROM

> OVER HERE. OK I need 2 people to help summon US, we still got this.

> US: Wait, I'm just looking at cloth on the AH, don't summon.

> Germany takes flight.

> England: OK OK OK, he's in phase 2, I need all heals on me.

> Canada: Dude, just bandage yourself.

> Italians attacks British Somaliland in East Africa

> British Somaliland: Adds have spawned.

> Greece dies.

> Yugoslavia dies.

> Greece: F$%@ing blitzkrieg, that Sh$@s way too overpowered.

> England: Ok Russia, you need to pull aggro and collapse all the way to

> Stalingrad

> Russia: AH WTF, i was supposed to be dps, goddamn you noobass tanks.

> US has been afflicted by pearl harbor.

> US: AH WTF

> England: ?????

> US: My durability on my weapons just went down like 50%, what the hell?

> Australia: OH CRAP AN ADD JUST SPAWNED ABOVE ME, helppppppppppp.

> US: Ok summon

> US: wth

> England: ???

> US: You guys are like tier 1, and wtf france you're still using greys?

> France: /w US Can i have some money plz?

> England: Ok we got this side covered, how's right side?

> Russia: just popped mass production, i'm coo

> Germany becomes enraged and launches V2 rockets.

> England: Ok stay away from those and get him down quick

> Germany dies

> US: Ok all on Japan

> England: US, execute

> US launches Enola Gay

> Japan: Stay your attack mortals, I submit, I SUBMIT.

> US: LOOT

> England: ohhhhhh, this should be interesting [Germany], ok roll if you

> need.

> US rolls 50 (1-100)

> Russia rolls 50 (1-100)

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

-.- I tried Ramps for the first time today. I think my group must of been [developmentally delayed]ed. I was set to be a tank, and we had another druid (lve 70) healing, with a shadow priest and two rogues. Usually I love having rogues on my team, but now I think that having two is just too many. We wiped once or twice because of me. They were fine with that, I was new. But we got to just before the flying guy, and we wiped twice. Not because of me, but because the rogues thought that they needed to start tanking, so they accidentally aggro about 10 at once, they die, the druid gets agro before I can even start, so he dies. At this point I didnt notice they were dead, so I use my challenging roar, which brings them all to me... I die in seconds. And the shadow priest somehow manages to live. After some bickering, he logs though, so we would have to run back.

One thing, they kept using an acronym I had never heard before, LOS (Line of Sight). Can anyone tell me what that means?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Woo, had a fun night tonight. Me, a guildie, and a bunch of other people raided SS. We demolished it. We still wanted to raid so we moved on to Menethil harbor, messing up Refugee point on the way. Menethil harbor was ok until a couple of us died, no one wanted to rez and it all went downhill from there. Tons of Elite guards showed up, people were dead all over the place, some were jumping on boats. It was a mess. Eventually we pulled it together and got on the boat to Theramore. Theramore went well for a bit, but when it fell apart, everyone left. My first real raid, it was a lot of fun and it managed to take up most of my night.

I got a screenshot, this is what remained of us at Theramore (I'm the skeleton).

southshoreraidrv5.png

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

to be honest you stood 0 chance of clearing theramore. It has possibly the hardest world boss in the game there if you're trying to PuG raid it.

lvl 36 on my rogue now. all the quests I have left in STV are red, so I'm heading over to arathi for a couple of levels.

Tk5SF.png

to be honest you stood 0 chance of clearing theramore. It has possibly the hardest world boss in the game there if you're trying to PuG raid it.

Yeah she has this random teleport where she can teleport you outof the tower which if it gets enough tanks or helaers it can wipe the whole raid.Ive only done 2 on my shadowpriest and that was Velen and Fendral staghelm.Velen was incredibly easy for us because of teh way the citys designed we could get a few druids and rogues to clear the way for our warlock and then get to work summoning everyone in.Fendral Staghelm though...the fact hes in a small low ceiled room doesnt help matters and then his shifting forms can complicate matters...There not the hardest, id say sylvanas is on her own and Thrall is hardest by far just because of all the horde loving thrall and runing there as soon as alliance are mentioned.Sylvana the way her room has all the alliance battlemasters, pvp players porting back in, the demons around her and her heavy use of shadow damage make her the hardest.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Ran through 3 parts of the Scarlet Monastery today, really good instance dungeons imo, didn't really get any loot but meh.

May try and get 40 tomorrow but who knows, realms are offline for some of the day anyway. :thumbdown:

keen.png

Thats wierd, I ran some SM today as well (although I got 4 nice upgrades :) ) - you arent on EU - laughing skull by any chance?

Naa sorry mate, im on Neptulon Eu.

Ran through Graveyard 5 times in about 45 minutes this evening and still no decent drops darn it. :wall:. The really annoying thing is i was the ownly cloth wearer in the group so i would have gotton the drops. :x

Really starting to enjoy WoW now, no longer feel the need to change character every couple of hours. :thumbup:

keen.png

Btw Jaziek, whats the highest level on that new server atm, be interesting to see how much someone can no life in a week?

almar - troll hunter. dinged 65 about an hour ago. he has the 100% mount.

Tk5SF.png

Grats Kris.

No levels again today, spent most of my time chasing hordes in Hillsbrad.

Also went through the entire Scarlet Monastry today twice with a pretty funny group, 3 hunters, preist and mage (me), worked pretty well. :thumbup:

keen.png