The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*kicks Nadril back to AoC.

Hey Nadril, your account still active? Wanna give a donation of gold and items :lol:

:cry:

Gave all my gold to the guild before I quit, lol. Even then it's not active.

And apparently my old guild has downed Illidan. Good for them. :thumbup:

Jaz, whats the new server? I might just try making a new character there.

I play on EU, no new servers on the american realms afaik.

its called Blades Edge though, for those who it may concern.

Tk5SF.png

Got no motivation to play wow while its summer, need to get some sun on my [wagon] rather than get my warrior to 70 :thumbdown:.

Yea, im pondering whether or not to renew my membership, the levling up process is just so boring and repetitive, mostly button bashing and grinding but i really want to see what it has to offer and end game.(Although everyone says PVP sucks) Only really playing it so i have a game to play before Warhammer Online is released, (hoping to get called up for beta testing soon) Or i may have a try at AoC, but i don't really want to have to pay for basically what is an extended beta.

keen.png

Even though we've been asked to keep the chat around private servers off the thread, I figure it won't hurt if I give me (damning) opinions on them. I played several.

The thing about them is, they are mostly edited, so the gear you can get in them is far, far beyond the gear you can get in official Blizzard WoW. Basically, if you try one out before you try the retail game, you'll never get into it.

Also they are usually extremely buggy and crash quite often. Oh, and the majority of people who play them are absolute tools too.

My advice: if you want to try WoW, get a trial account - NOT a private server.

Got no motivation to play wow while its summer, need to get some sun on my [wagon] rather than get my warrior to 70 :thumbdown:.

Yea, im pondering whether or not to renew my membership, the levling up process is just so boring and repetitive, mostly button bashing and grinding but i really want to see what it has to offer and end game.(Although everyone says PVP sucks) Only really playing it so i have a game to play before Warhammer Online is released, (hoping to get called up for beta testing soon) Or i may have a try at AoC, but i don't really want to have to pay for basically what is an extended beta.

Yeah im still gonna play though, just when its raining or nothing at all is happening, im experienced with the outland quests and chains so its not gonna take me 25 days like it did on my priest to get to 70, im at 11 i think and nearly 67.

Im not really interested in warhammer mainly because its only draw was wide scale pvp and all previews indicate that at the moment its in a pretty bad state and with AoC taking the pvp'ers who want a fresh pvp system, warhammer has a lot to do.However warhammer fans will go freaking nuts over it :P Theres dudes writing lore for there character and reserving 3 copies of the gae just in case.

tifsdac6mc.gif

@krisc:

Major feature cuts from WAR anounced

ahahahahahaha. I called this [cabbage] over a month ago.

In the latest of an ongoing series of interviews with MMORPG.com, Mythic Entertainment VP and General Manager Mark Jacobs has dropped a nuclear blast on the Warhammer Online fanbase: major features are being culled from the game in order to make their Fall launch deadline. In short, the capital cities for the Dark Elf, High Elf, Orc, and Dwarf factions will not be in the game at launch. The Human city of Altdorf and the Chaos Inevitable City will be the only Capital cities in the game. This is an enormous change, seemingly invalidating much of what we know about the game's core of RvR gameplay.

Additionally, four classes are being removed, deemed to be in a condition unsuitable for launch. They are:

* The Choppa (Greenskin)

* The Hammerer (Dwarf)

* The Blackguard (Dark Elf)

* The Knight of the Blazing Sun (Empire)

As the website notes, all of these are melee classes and two of these were intended to be the primary tanking classes for their race. This leaves the Empire and Dark Elf races without a dedicated tanking career, theoretically limiting their contributions to end-game PvE content. Jacobs moved immediately to try to curtail the obvious rumor-mongering: "This has nothing to do with EA ... they had zero input in this ... They don't even know about it. It's not a discussion we would have with them."

Cross post from my AoC thread, but you guys are MMO gamers as well so it's worth posting here. I myself am laughing my [wagon] off at the WAR fanboys, mostly because they criticized AoC for being "incomplete" :P

And of course it'll give you guys a nice warm and fuzzy feeling for knowing they are trying to rush out before WoTLK.

Yea i read the stuff on Warhammer, pretty annoying but not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, WoW fanboys are laughing at it because they can't bare to see another game actually challenge theirs, and AoC fanboys are laughing because it won't just be their game that is released with missing content.

But it will be a shame if it does inevatably fail, basically means both the games that were so called "WoW killers" have both pretty much failed.

keen.png

I posted my impressions on the AoC thread, this is like some divide in the school dining hall..."Can you take this note over there and tell him i think he sucks..." well maybe not as petty.

MMO's serious business

EDIT:i point you to this thread on rs general, notice the defensive nature of them trying to validate there decision for not trying MMO's.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=749456&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Classic arguments like :

Gameplay>graphics-WTF?Wow has better graphics and gameplay, any gameplay other than clicking is better to be honest.

World of warcrack, once you start playing you never stop-Honestly because WoW is critical mass theres going to be more stories on addictivity and honestly all MMO's get bad pres sover this because its the sheer minority that its documented.

Cant be what you want to be-Rs's skills dont affect gameplay in a sense that they jsut allow you to grind more efficiently

Wow is just grinding-You play RS rethink youre argument over that, the only efficient wya to get x in RS is to grind skills

You cannot solo wow to level cap-go play a rpg MMO's are for grouping and because RS doesnt have a real party system doenst mean that the game is more flexible, it makes it more limited.

i dont get some of the arguments the worse being i cannot do anything else because its a full screen game...but its a good read.

tifsdac6mc.gif

level 26 on the rogue now. I'm loving it so far. Everybody is working together to help level up. Theres always 2 or 3 groups running an instance because everybody is the same level, and nobody is being selfish about crafting. If you've got the mats, you can have it done for free.

Tk5SF.png

I just thought of something.

If new servers open up with WotLK, what you are doing Jaz will never happen again. With being able to have DK's on all servers, lve 55's can automatically be made on new servers and be used to instantly run smaller groups :(

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Did anybody re-roll on the new EU realm? Blade's Edge.

If anyone wants someone to level with I recently rolled a blood elf mage there under the name Bradders :)

what guild you in mate?

join Kentucky Fried Kodo for the awesomeness. my name is Jaziek. throw me a /w and I'll invite you.

Tk5SF.png

Y'know just when you thought modifications made the game a snoother and easier experience:

messyva8.jpg

For everything else theres masterca...well theres a person with sense who doesnt need so much combat text, raid buff information, and unit frames taking up half the screen.

Edit:notice 7.6 fps in the corner, i thought on my average rig that 20-27 fps was low, more like running serpent slide cavern, bad joke :shame:

tifsdac6mc.gif

Did SW Stockades today, pretty crap dungeon imo, only took about half an hour and the loot was crap but the quests got me a level so meh.

Also raking in money from skinning now. :thumbup:

keen.png

Did SW Stockades today, pretty crap dungeon imo, only took about half an hour and the loot was crap but the quests got me a level so meh.

Yea stockades is more of a quest dungeon, not so much as an item-upgrade dungeon such as Deadmines and all the others :P

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Yea stockades is more of a quest dungeon, not so much as an item-upgrade dungeon such as Deadmines and all the others :P

Yea, got any ideas of a good dungeon where i can upgrade some of my stuff for a lvl 32? I still have mostly greens from Bloodmyst Isle. :(

keen.png

Are you Alliance? If so you're a bit stuck - A few levels ago Blackfathom Deeps would be good but it might be a little easy for you now (although if your gear really needs upgrading that badly it can't hurt), you could try Razorfen Kraul but being in the barrens (horde area) you might have some trouble, especially on a pvp server.

The only other option is Gnomeregan (at least that I can think of) and...well...if you didnt like stockades...

Edit - A good link I tend to use is this list of instances from wowwiki

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instances

You can click on any of the instances, see the rec/min levels for them and even have a look what kind of loot it can offer you in advance, hope you find what you are looking for

Thanks for that Baron, ill probaly try and do a couple of dungeons today, the 2 in Barrens look quite good and yea ive tried Gnomeregan and it was nearly as bad as Stockade.

Getting a hell of a lot of money from skinning lately, made about 30 gold in 2 days.

keen.png

Gnomergon's just way too much for its level range, so many thing's to learn which is why when running it at level many PUG's and normal groups rarely clear it.

Stole caiths Pitbull bars for raid,party and players and they look so neat, probably why theres 600 caith ripoff ui packs.

tifsdac6mc.gif

This website helps me out a lot. It shows you the best equipment for any class at any level and where to get it.

http://www.wow-loot.com/

For levels 1-60 you have to click the "View Pre-Expansion" button.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."