Not tutorial island again! 25+ Supporters! Support Siggies!

subtle_rune

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say...

Macroers can DO things in real life. (Wow, isn't that amazing?) They can enter the code in personally. Then let the macro program take over, and then destroy the world. And we'll all die. Yay. How fun. Macroers are still the only flaw to this.

Hit the nail square on its head. There's no reason the macro-owner can't just type in the code and let it rip.

No support.

I support or something gimme my cookies now... And fool your sig is the best in da world i tell yah

poketama1ak8.jpg

Hi N-cake, I, Star_in_the_sky, support you, Subtle_rune's, idea of tutorial thingy.

no seriously, it's a good idea for those who want to make pures and stuff.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

The only problem is macroers. This would make making more accounts to macro a lot easier. In the time it takes to go through tutorial island, a macro could make who-knows-how-many accounts. And that's bad.

If they log into their main account first and then the person gets banned for macroing then their main account that they used gets banned anyway!

j0xPu5R.png

The only problem is macroers. This would make making more accounts to macro a lot easier. In the time it takes to go through tutorial island, a macro could make who-knows-how-many accounts. And that's bad.

If they log into their main account first and then the person gets banned for macroing then their main account that they used gets banned anyway!

They can make their main account clean, and train it. Whatever requirements this "main account" must have in order to skip tutorial island must be impossibly high, or else macroers can still get around it.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

They can make their main account clean, and train it. Whatever requirements this "main account" must have in order to skip tutorial island must be impossibly high, or else macroers can still get around it.

I would agree with that. And like star_in_the_sky, I will support this idea. I've been made angry by people ranting at me over tutorial island's length. :|

Subtle_rune, please put in any necessary further idea patches. I think you have something good here! :thumbsup:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Okay, I've just thought of a way to prevent penguingeek3's situation. Well, actually two:

1-During the first 15 minutes or so, a random event will appear, for example an Evil Chicken, which *should* kill the autoers.

However, if this doesn't work:

2- During the first 15 minutes or so, a scribe appears and gives you a letter, which you read and says "Please meet Duke Horacio at Lumbridge Castle". Then, you would have to meet the Duke (hopefully you won't be far from Lumbridge). You have to do this within half an hour otherwise you get teleported to a random place, ex. Prison Pete, Leo the Gravedigger...

Hope this will iron out the wrinkles :P

tankmz6.jpg

At least you considered ways to prevent it. I probably couldn't have come up with any...But I still see some flaws.

1. Autoers usually run away when they get attacked. They'll be out of range before the chicken does enough damage.

2. Those 15 minutes could be 15 minutes spent on tutorial island. Autpers can probably be programmed to do tutorial island on their own, and that would be quicker than this. If they chose to skip tutorial island, the player could just guide the autoer to Duke Horacio on his own, and then afterwards, send it off. If they're going to macro, they take multi-log-in as barely anything.

At least you tried.

doublesmileyface1.png

At least you considered ways to prevent it. I probably couldn't have come up with any...But I still see some flaws.

1. Autoers usually run away when they get attacked. They'll be out of range before the chicken does enough damage.

2. Those 15 minutes could be 15 minutes spent on tutorial island. Autpers can probably be programmed to do tutorial island on their own, and that would be quicker than this. If they chose to skip tutorial island, the player could just guide the autoer to Duke Horacio on his own, and then afterwards, send it off. If they're going to macro, they take multi-log-in as barely anything.

At least you tried.

One last go.

3- During the first 15 minutes or so, you will get a teleportation random event (prison pete etc.), and after, you will be brought back to a random place. This will mean it will put autoers off their programming! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And also, thanks for helping me out with the downsides to this idea and how to improve it. Thanks everyone for the support!

tankmz6.jpg

The idea itself is nice, but I dont want it to happen.

1 - Macroers, like you stated, would be way easier to make. Actually the only hard part for them is the tutorial island, for a human must use 20-30 minute of his time before letting the bot soon.(even whith the entering a code thing, autoers will be happy to do that instead of 30 minutes of tutorial)

2 - Runescape already has too many newbs. 3/4 of new players would just skip the tutorial and come into the game even more clueless than normal new players!

3 - I dont see why you would have to make more than 1, maybe 2,3,4 accounts... And it doesnt take that long at all. If you think its not worth the time to do tutorial island then the account aint worth making.

4 - Abusers : Of course many peoples (especially scammers) will abuse this new feature by making alot of new accounts in a very short time. (ie bob1,bob2,bob3,bob4 in the same minute)

5 - Soon enought, all the possible name that arent random gliberish will be taken. Because of 4.

Please understand my post and take this dangerous suggestion down, for I am sure you havent thought it trough. Its the kind of ideas you get in reaction to small frustrations. Sure it would've been nice at the very moment you created an account for last time and got this idea, but right after, does it benefit you? No. It doesnt benefit anybody in the long run.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Now THAT is better...If the random event is random (Meaning the one you get is different each time...Usually...) and the place you get teleported to afterwards is different, it should throw the autoers off. Hopefully they don't somehow find a way around this...

Actually...Can I offer a different suggestion? It's only a slight modification to what you said, but how about if you choose to go through tutorial island, you go to tutorial island, and if you choose to skip tutorial island, you start off at the random event.

doublesmileyface1.png

The idea itself is nice, but I dont want it to happen.

1 - Macroers, like you stated, would be way easier to make. Actually the only hard part for them is the tutorial island, for a human must use 20-30 minute of his time before letting the bot soon.(even whith the entering a code thing, autoers will be happy to do that instead of 30 minutes of tutorial)

2 - Runescape already has too many newbs. 3/4 of new players would just skip the tutorial and come into the game even more clueless than normal new players!

3 - I dont see why you would have to make more than 1, maybe 2,3,4 accounts... And it doesnt take that long at all. If you think its not worth the time to do tutorial island then the account aint worth making.

4 - Abusers : Of course many peoples (especially scammers) will abuse this new feature by making alot of new accounts in a very short time. (ie bob1,bob2,bob3,bob4 in the same minute)

5 - Soon enought, all the possible name that arent random gliberish will be taken. Because of 4.

Please understand my post and take this dangerous suggestion down, for I am sure you havent thought it trough. Its the kind of ideas you get in reaction to small frustrations. Sure it would've been nice at the very moment you created an account for last time and got this idea, but right after, does it benefit you? No. It doesnt benefit anybody in the long run.

1- Please read through the whole thread to see about my solutions.

2- Again, please read the whole thread, and also the fist post very carefully. You'll see that this has already been solved.

3- I think I speak for a chunk of people saying that I get incredibly frustrated when I have to go through Tutorial Island again and again... and I make new accounts for things like TET events.

4- People can do this already, because they don't need to log on to activate the accounts.

Thanks for thinking of these, but most of these are solved.

Actually...Can I offer a different suggestion? It's only a slight modification to what you said, but how about if you choose to go through tutorial island, you go to tutorial island, and if you choose to skip tutorial island, you start off at the random event.

Well, like you said earlier on about my Duke Horacio thing, people could make the account, do the random event and then leave the bot to it. However, thanks for thinking of that.

tankmz6.jpg

Well, like you said earlier on about my Duke Horacio thing, people could make the account, do the random event and then leave the bot to it. However, thanks for thinking of that.

Oh yeah...I sometimes forget what I say. I just have to say...Autoers could come up with a program to do tutorial island automatically. Maybe do it in 15 minutes. So...There are two ways to look at it...

1. This automatic random event would happen before an autoer can auto through tutorial island, but it may be quick enough for the autoer to do it by hand. If not, autoers will just auto through tutorial island. Everyone is affected positively.

2. The automatic random event would happen after a period of time longer than an autoer can auto through tutorial island. Therefore, regular players are not affected badly (I don't think) while autoers are not affected at all.

I think 2 would be better. Sometime within the first hour after creation this random event would happen. This wouldn't stop autoers, but it wouldn't increase them either. And you could still skip tutorial island, and maybe even collect some items/coins to get you started off.

doublesmileyface1.png

• 2 weeks later...

sure i report... but for a pure the tut will be usefull.... 3 mage... 3 range...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Guest kingmanic12

NO SUPPORT! If this does happen then it will be to easy to make autoing accounts. I HIGHLY douhgt that this would even be plausible with Jagex.