What are your favourite bands.. and why?

Darthman

Ok so what i was wondering is what sort of music people listen to and which bands are their favourites... I personally like Three Days Grace, Payable On Death, Rise Against and Hinder because some songs are hardcore while others depict some of their lives and what they go through.

So post which are your favourite bands and why below.

(P.s. i dont know if theres a topic like this already :ohnoes: I didn't look :uhh:)

Darth~

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are alot of topics like this, but I'll bite.

Iron Maiden - they have a very fresh sound, and awesome bass/drums. ;P Vocals are good, too. (Di'anno, [bleep]inson, even Blaze (on second listen) is better than most crap out there)

Judas Priest - awesome double guitar attack, with Halford's screeching vocals.

Van Halen - Awesome drums, awesome guitar, DLR is ...awesome. ;P

Other groups I like: Pantera, Megadeth, DIO (and Dio's other works), Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, on and on.

;P

thesip2.jpg

It really has

Between the Buried and Me - I love the contrasts they make switching between full-on metal to soft rock/jazz. Though it's not in all their songs, it would probably be the main reason I like them. Aside from that, they're just amazing musicians.

Dillinger Escape Plan, August Burns Red - Awesome melodies, and I love the irregular rhythms.

Norma Jean, Every Time I Die - Love the melodies.

Lamb of God - Great feel-powerful (as opposed to feel-good) music.

Gravenhurst - I don't know.. They're just awesome.

Cool.

Ben Folds (Five) - very talented musician, and I find his music great to relax to.

Sonata Arctica - their songs always pump me up, and I love some of their lyrics.

Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós - haven't listened to them much lately; but their music is different from everything else I have, and I love it.

Mr. Bungle - Changed my outlook on what music was, are special to me for that.

Melvins - created Grunge... were Kurt Cobain's heros.

Primus - Les Claypool, Tim Alexander, and Ler Lalaonde are why i listen to them.

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

AFI - being a bassist, I find their basslines nice and 'punk-y'

Panic! At The Disco - just name another band like them.. (can be sarcasm, or not. another band like them would be cool)

every other emo band out there

OT: Luring is sooo easy to avoid. That's what those nice signposts are for.

Panic! At The Disco - just name another band like them.. (can be sarcasm, or not. another band like them would be cool)

I don't listen to 'emo' music, so p!atd must be something special to convince me. :-k

boratto.jpg

I don't listen to 'emo' music, so p!atd must be something special to convince me. :-k

Well a lot of these bands label themselves as "pop punk" because even they know the negative stereotypes associated with emo. It doesn't change what they really are, though.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I guess I'll be the first to go with a rap group. Wu-Tang is the bomb, they have the best stuff. Deep lyrics, catchy hooks, and innovators of the genre on a massive level. These guys are the guys who made kung-fu samples and piano loops hot. I only wish more people of my age actually knew about them outside Chappelle's Show. -.-

(P.S. Il ve Chappelle's Show :D )

They sound identical to Fall Out Boy.

I prefer classic rock to modern rock. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, etc.; all amazing in their different ways. It's something that current rock can't really reproduce, all current rock sounds identical to me, I don't know, maybe its just me.

rangesig.gif

Pretty sure AFI are emo too

I guess I'll be the first to go with a rap group. Wu-Tang is the bomb, they have the best stuff. Deep lyrics, catchy hooks, and innovators of the genre on a massive level. These guys are the guys who made kung-fu samples and piano loops hot. I only wish more people of my age actually knew about them outside Chappelle's Show. -.-

I never thought they were that special, pretty ordinary actually :-#

i like N.W.A., system of a down, bliss N Eso and Rise Against.

EDIT: almost forgot Butterfingers #-o a great Aussie alternate/hip-hop group

But i really dont stick to a specific genre.

untitled-1.png

Right now, Simon and Garfunkel are top. Maynard Ferguson's band is also amazing, but he passed away months ago. :(

Big band and jazz= amazing stuff.

Sound track to bye bye birdie= getting sick really quickly (our musical, I'm conrad birdie)

Ben Folds has some good songs like luckiest and some other ones.

Other than that, I like most any band that isn't rap or country. Heck, even some barbershop quartets are amazing!

You say they're not special? How many of their songs have you heard? They defined the East Coast along with Biggie and Mobb Deep in the '90s, and were a group of nine, the largest major rap group at the time. They were all very diverse, and they used this as an advantage to reach out to a huge audience. If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be a Method Man, ODB, or Redman, etc. and the East Coast would've been seen a lot differently then they were and are now. Plus, their piano loops and beats are some of the best in rap, I think the only beats better then theirs are Dre's beats (Of course :D ). Sorry to go on and on about it, but you were just really wrong when you said that...

You say they're not special? How many of their songs have you heard? They defined the East Coast along with Biggie and Mobb Deep in the '90s, and were a group of nine, the largest major rap group at the time. They were all very diverse, and they used this as an advantage to reach out to a huge audience. If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be a Method Man, ODB, or Redman, etc. and the East Coast would've been seen a lot differently then they were and are now. Plus, their piano loops and beats are some of the best in rap, I think the only beats better then theirs are Dre's beats (Of course :D ). Sorry to go on and on about it, but you were just really wrong when you said that...

and they're down with RATM aswell