Runescape and real world history?

blink182rocker

In draynor there is a person called 'Fortunato' or something

that's from a story of... (don't remember which one)

Ingame he sells wine and stuff, in the story he is known as someone who knows alot about wines \'

The cask of amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe.

Quite right. And when you examine him, doesn't it say something like,

"Looks like he could use some amontillado"? I haven't examined him in a while acctually :P , but I'm pretty sure it was something like that...

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there something with a Herring and a Tree that ties in with Monty Python?

Yup, look at my siggy!

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

Ingame he sells wine and stuff, in the story he is known as someone who knows alot about wines \'

"Looks like he could use some amontillado"? I haven't examined him in a while acctually :P , but I'm pretty sure it was something like that...

Yes it says "looks like he could do with a sip of amontillado." I think that they are spelling it wrong though i though it was amontiado i just studied it in english and i could swear that how my teacher had pronounced it. I dunno maybe i was just tired from lack of sleep lol. -.-

prospektssigza4.jpg

Yes it says "looks like he could do with a sip of amontillado." I think that they are spelling it wrong though i though it was amontiado i just studied it in english and i could swear that how my teacher had pronounced it. I dunno maybe i was just tired from lack of sleep lol. -.-

It's Spanish!!! I don't know any Spanish and I still know that because of the two l's in amontillado, some people pronounce it amontieado!

fortunado was a character in the book "amontalado" where he kills a man by wallin him up a in a dungeon. he tricks the man by saying he has a nice bottle of wine

Learn to spell! It's not a book! He doesn't say "nice bottle of wine"!

I drove past the town "Barrow" the other day, see it's all from somewhere.

I'm going to kill someone... Why are all the idiots still alive?

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

It's Spanish!!! I don't know any Spanish and I still know that because of the two l's in amontillado, some people pronounce it amontieado!

fortunado was a character in the book "amontalado" where he kills a man by wallin him up a in a dungeon. he tricks the man by saying he has a nice bottle of wine

Learn to spell! It's not a book! He doesn't say "nice bottle of wine"!

I drove past the town "Barrow" the other day, see it's all from somewhere.

I'm going to kill someone... Why are all the idiots still alive?

why do u have to look down on people on these fourms ur mum never hug you as a child or mabe you are a child :?: :?:

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

In the Cast of Amontillado, Fortunano gets murdered because the other wine merchant tells him hes got a new cask of amontillado, some rare wine. He gives another wine to Fortunano so he'll get drunk so he can seal him off leaving him to die.

I believe the story takes place in Florence, Italy. Italian is similar to Spanish.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

your story is "the cask of amontillado."
omegaman70.png

This is another people one...

The guy at the Rogue's Den...Brian O'Richard...it's a play on a real person, but I'm only going to give a hint: it's just jump to the left, and a step to the right..

Since I'm an American, I'll have to ask: who the heck is Richard O'Brian? That name isn't ringing any bells for me. Figure he's somebody from the UK or something.

I'm an American, but I'm a Transylvanian too. You got it right, it's Richard O'Brian (actually spelled Brien I think). The line "it's just a jump to the left..." is from the chorus of Time Warp, the most famous song from Rocky Horror Picture Show; Richard O'Brien wrote The Rocky Horror Show play and RHPS screen play and played Riff Raff in the movie.

Before anyone says "that's quit a stretch", Brian O'Richard at the Rouge's Den wears a tuxedo...

I've been seeing how runescape ties in with the history of earth, this year i'm taking a world history class and learning all about king arthur and camelot and other places. i have been noticing that runescape is not *just another game* where everything is made up completely out of Jagex's mind, they actually use real world things like tin and copper make bronze, and iron/coal make steel. So far Camelot is the only city reference i have seen out of Jagex but i'm sure there is some that i am not thinking of. Have you seen any real world history that has tied in with runescape?

Yes me and a bunch of friends went to Egypt and killed the Kalphite Queen IRL !

ROFL!!!!

and camelot is a myth by the way. along with arthur and his knights.

if you're learning that in history class......

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg