Runescape and real world history?

blink182rocker

I've been seeing how runescape ties in with the history of earth, this year i'm taking a world history class and learning all about king arthur and camelot and other places. i have been noticing that runescape is not *just another game* where everything is made up completely out of Jagex's mind, they actually use real world things like tin and copper make bronze, and iron/coal make steel. So far Camelot is the only city reference i have seen out of Jagex but i'm sure there is some that i am not thinking of. Have you seen any real world history that has tied in with runescape?

blink182_f55.png

99/99 fming! 1850th to 99 firemaking 4,27,07

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been seeing how runescape ties in with the history of earth, this year i'm taking a world history class and learning all about king arthur and camelot and other places. i have been noticing that runescape is not *just another game* where everything is made up completely out of Jagex's mind, they actually use real world things like tin and copper make bronze, and iron/coal make steel. So far Camelot is the only city reference i have seen out of Jagex but i'm sure there is some that i am not thinking of. Have you seen any real world history that has tied in with runescape?

Yes me and a bunch of friends went to Egypt and killed the Kalphite Queen IRL !

He didn't say everything. Smart one. He said some events, cities, and people are based off of real things.

Yesterday I set up a cannon in the middle of my town street to kill some dogs. I got 10K slay xp FTW. I also gained 20 levels theiving out of the prison I was sent to. :lol:

Orlando Bloom is most def. a RS-RL connection. When he wears a cape and ranger boots and an elven bow all the girls follow him.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Whoa nice, any D chains?

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

almost everything in rs is based on something irl (even barrows :o), there was a topic on this before a few months back, but i'm too lazy to link...

If the Barrows thing you're talking about was about a place called "Barrow" then that's not what it's based on, wiki barrows and you'll see. Saying barrows is based on something irl is like saying bows are based on something irl...

almost everything in rs is based on something irl (even barrows :o), there was a topic on this before a few months back, but i'm too lazy to link...

If the Barrows thing you're talking about was about a place called "Barrow" then that's not what it's based on, wiki barrows and you'll see. Saying barrows is based on something irl is like saying bows are based on something irl...

But they are

:|

Yah.., um.., lets see. Jagex uses real world items and stories to make a game. That is so original right? :roll:

Everything is based on something. I challenge you to think up a completley new object.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Everything is based on something. I challenge you to think up a completley new object.

runes? then again probably not, in fact aren't rune stones an ancient druid thing? they probably though they possessed magical properties when in fact basically they would've made a nice path and not much else...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Yah.., um.., lets see. Jagex uses real world items and stories to make a game. That is so original right? :roll:

Its the only MMORPG with so many refferences to things. Therefore its original in its kind 8-)

And I like it the way it is, seeing a refference once in a while is fun.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

why you guys so mean he's got a point, there are some, not necessarily histoic EVENTS, but historic REFERENCES. druids were real christian follows, templar nights were similar to white knights (watch National Treasure starring Nick Cage), and tons of other i can't think of atm, he's got a point :P

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

The Ardoyne (Ardougne) is a part of Belfast, Northern Ireland.

And Tirannwn and Prifddinas stike me as quite Welsh, even if they're not real place-names.

Your not far wrong there =D>

Prifddinas

Prif is the welsh word for a prime (another word for main/capital) ,

dinas on its own is city so basically its capital city which as ingame its surrounded by walls and has a big gate it could be the elf capital :-k

Tirannwn

Tir is welsh for land/ground/territory

annwn is welsh for the underworld/abyss/hell

so it could mean anything like land of the abyss or something :uhh:

and for the record isafdar means lowest, which looking at the map considering most of that part of the RS world isnt shown, it could mean lower territory :-k

so the elvish names could derive from the welsh language

:)

RSN: Civic_TypeR :)

untitled6kv7.gif

A 19 legged pink creature with pointy arms and no hands, who eats nothing but human remains and cheesecake. I shall call it :

POIkjbsfkb!@

(that was origial, muahaha I win!)

sigsn9.jpg

Prifddinas

Prif is the welsh word for a prime (another word for main/capital) ,

dinas on its own is city so basically its capital city which as ingame its surrounded by walls and has a big gate it could be the elf capital :-k

Capital City? The Welsh meets the Simpsons! :o

druids were real christian follows

Erm, no. Druids were polytheists and their religion was definitely not Christianity. Anyway, yes, that's one of the things I like about RS - all the humorous pop culture and mythological references. Try asking King Arthur what he's doing in RuneScape, for example! :lol:

gerthdyncu0.gif

Thanks to Star for the sig! | Click here or on the sig for my tewtally cool blog!