Tip.it [ MUST READ]

aoe325

wow :shock:

oh, and the title says these people started tipit, whos still around?

Dmonik, BlueRose13x, Lightning, Starlude, Xentia, Kibble, Rodrigo, DOC IRON 9, Sir Beachy, Stud6900, Hitman X and Silverion

oh and what was the STEEL corporation?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dmonik, BlueRose13x, Lightning, Starlude, Xentia, Kibble, Rodrigo, DOC IRON 9, Sir Beachy, Stud6900, Hitman X and Silverion

Lightning and Silverion are still around for sure ::' They own the website (Hurray for admins :thumbsup: )

BlueRose13x was the best smither back In rsc.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Lightning and Silverion are still around for sure ::' They own the website (Hurray for admins :thumbsup: )

BlueRose13x was the best smither back In rsc.

Steel corp was a mining and smithing clan.

i think beachy is still around now and again but not on that nick. starlude, xentia,stud6900 and kibble i have no idea about , if they still around or not. The rest as i know quit runescape a long time ago.

Just a note : I don't own Tip.it :D only Silveron does. I know alot of you think we are partners but it is not the case, i guess we do sometimes act like it though :D

As to the other fansites we had, well you never know, just maybe we might bring one of them back, but i will say is that we are considering (in talks) in expanding tip.it again but as yet we are not 100 percent sure which games we will make fansites for. Completeion out there is alot harder now than it was back then and we have to choose wisely what we go for.

Sometime in the next few days i will post on off topic board about what other games you play or you may want to play when they released to public.

hahahah great post :) ah and about STEEL corp it was monopoly organization of best miners :) in that time steel was top and who was able to do it was WHOW very very rich :)

Of that people Light, Dmonik and myself was working on web and forums,

Dmonik was one great great person and his love story was a very deep and sad one created on forums and in runescape ...

He and I was running to be best smiths when smithing levels was around lv 30 - 40 :) when caravans of "slaves" was bringing ore and stell scimitars was best thing to be made for profit :) .. he was first person to break 500.000 gold that times eheheh and it was so long and hard work to get :)

btw. that times there was not around any "tools", there was no banks, there was no certificates, leveling was MUCH MUCH slower hmm probably even slower than that :P

Silverion.png

You know this guy was once a top smith in all Runescape :P

Thanks alot for replying Lightning and Silverion! :D

Even if such info is useless nowadays, I really hope you kept archives of the past of Runescape. The contrast whith now is just astounding!

Oh and, congratulations for your great website Silverion, and for creating the best internet community I ever saw! :D

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

the early people that started tipit should wright a history of tipit with any of the old people and post it on the main site, where everyone can see it. it would be fun to read, and it would immortalize the long and apperently interesting history of tip.it.

the early people that started tipit should wright a history of tipit with any of the old people and post it on the main site, where everyone can see it. it would be fun to read, and it would immortalize the long and apperently interesting history of tip.it.

Well I see what I can do about that. Atm Silveiorn and I are very busy in the background doing whatever to site and other things, plus our real life's are so busy as well. So I doubt it will happen yet, but will be on my list of things to do for you all.

Well I see what I can do about that. Atm Silveiorn and I are very busy in the background doing whatever to site and other things, plus our real life's are so busy as well. So I doubt it will happen yet, but will be on my list of things to do for you all.

What are those? :anxious:

It's finally good to see Admins post and not lock a post here in General for once! heh. I'd like to know about RuneTips history, sounds pretty interesting

That's so interesting!

I liked the articles where they were cheering about the first person able to mine Addy Ore. Also when Andrew showed him the Rune 2h Sword. Haha.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

heck, ill interview you guys, dig up some other things and write it. it would be interesting to see what yee' old tip.it was like and just the general runescape community was like back then. personally ive only been playing runescape for a year and a half now so I have no idea what it was like back then, aside from what people tell me, but it seems to have been a very interesting game.

I always knew Tip.it was old. I started in January of 2002. And Tip.it was around then, so I automatically assumed it was around for already a year or more. What I didn't know is that it was connected to other games. But this thread makes me long for being on RSC again... I wish I could :(

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Thats really interesting, a few months ago i was checking out old posts and saw that one about S H A R K mining the first addy ore.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I remember that! Tip It just gradually became all about RS but in the beginning they had content for AC. I really miss the old forums.

This might sound nooby, but was AC? I only found Tip.It a while ago. I wish I'd found it earlier #-o

http://custom.leetscape.com/sig/63/70/combat.png[/img]

You just won the award for "The Most niave person on the Tip.it Boards!"]
*Points towards the monkey sitting on the button and declining every query*
Help me

No.

I really miss those days. :(

Anyone remember the "Dark Ages"?

Not long after Andrew added the horrible chat filter and removed the official forums, tip.it was having hosting issues. For about two months, the updating of tip.it came to a complete standstill.

That was back in late 2001.

And yes, I remember Killgen's forum. It became very successful, and many tip.it users treated it as their new home after our forums went down. I also remember "Ruby" being a temporary member of the tip.it team.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I really miss those days. :(

Anyone remember the "Dark Ages"?

Not long after Andrew added the horrible chat filter and removed the official forums, tip.it was having hosting issues. For about two months, the updating of tip.it came to a complete standstill.

That was back in late 2001.

And yes, I remember Killgen's forum. It became very successful, and many tip.it users treated it as their new home after our forums went down. I also remember "Ruby" being a temporary member of the tip.it team.

As I know you as old as i am if i remember right :D

When tip.it lost its own forums, it was due to users just not clicking enough on the ads, we just couldn't support them any more, so Silveroin and I decided it would best to drop them and keep the site goiing instead. However after a few months (this was when Silvreion was hardly around due to rl problems) we found that also the site users were dropping. So I tried as much as i could to keep site updated inbetween everything else that was going on then and at the same time ruby started forums else where that did look fine at first but I found problems in secruity and decided to changed hosts. I won't mention what hosts we tryed but we did jump through a few before settling with dk3. Dk3 were suppose to be a stop gap for just a few months but things weren't so good and users were still not clicking enough on our ads on our site for me to feel we could take a chance for new server of our own.

BUT in the end i got FED UP complaining to dk3 about their secruity and users has always come first. So i did look into other ways of possible funding for our own forums, But then i went mad one day and just shut the dk3 boards down after yet another secruity issue and SIlverion took a very big chance and took on another server for our own fourms again.

So far it has worked out rather well, I feel that users relieased that if they want to keep the fourms here and better secruity for them that they have to click those ads :) So it comes down you support us in clicking ads and we can bring you bigger and better things in the future ;)

So i just like to say on the behave of Silverion and myself, thank you for supporting this site and fourms and keep it up guys :)