Tip.it [ MUST READ]

aoe325

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rember that, those were great times as rider797, and 1.5k was enough for a mith pick, trimmed armours were p2p and god armours were not even out yet (i think). That was even before then...whoa....

Oh, yeah...I almost forgot about my fear of Mossies.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Thanks to Free_Steel1 for pointing this out :

Giants, Ice Lv. 68 -Picture of Ice Giant by ran_ultra ( attack-63,defence-63,strength-63 and hit points-65!! most powerful monster in runescape!! they drop limwurt root, mithril ore, banana, iron 2-handed sword, mithril mace, steel axe, steel dagger, steel square shield, iron skirts, wine, coins, and body runes (thanks to Undrtakr1, James1)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

• 2 months later...
I really miss those days. :(

Anyone remember the "Dark Ages"?

Not long after Andrew added the horrible chat filter and removed the official forums, tip.it was having hosting issues. For about two months, the updating of tip.it came to a complete standstill.

That was back in late 2001.

And yes, I remember Killgen's forum. It became very successful, and many tip.it users treated it as their new home after our forums went down. I also remember "Ruby" being a temporary member of the tip.it team.

As I know you as old as i am if i remember right :D

When tip.it lost its own forums, it was due to users just not clicking enough on the ads, we just couldn't support them any more, so Silveroin and I decided it would best to drop them and keep the site goiing instead. However after a few months (this was when Silvreion was hardly around due to rl problems) we found that also the site users were dropping. So I tried as much as i could to keep site updated inbetween everything else that was going on then and at the same time ruby started forums else where that did look fine at first but I found problems in secruity and decided to changed hosts. I won't mention what hosts we tryed but we did jump through a few before settling with dk3. Dk3 were suppose to be a stop gap for just a few months but things weren't so good and users were still not clicking enough on our ads on our site for me to feel we could take a chance for new server of our own.

BUT in the end i got FED UP complaining to dk3 about their secruity and users has always come first. So i did look into other ways of possible funding for our own forums, But then i went mad one day and just shut the dk3 boards down after yet another secruity issue and SIlverion took a very big chance and took on another server for our own fourms again.

So far it has worked out rather well, I feel that users relieased that if they want to keep the fourms here and better secruity for them that they have to click those ads :) So it comes down you support us in clicking ads and we can bring you bigger and better things in the future ;)

So i just like to say on the behave of Silverion and myself, thank you for supporting this site and fourms and keep it up guys :)

If I remember correctly, Silverion still pay for the servers out of his pocket, isn't it?

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

That's pretty cool to see. I joined tip it a few years ago, but I quit RuneScape and didn't log in here, so my account was inactive and got deleted I suppose. :wall:

Anyway, good job on collecting those old things. :)

Very nice finds there, man!! You're making me miss my first 5 months in RS when RS2 (what we have now) was still beta.

I decided to look at the old news reports/things on the official site and found this:

oldnews.jpg

f2p only had bronze arrows :XD:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I lol'd at the fact that the moss giant was considered the baddest of monsters back then and the rarest drop was the ZOMG STEEL SQUARE!!!!!!!!!SHIFT+ONE!!!!!EXCLAMATIONPOINT!!!!!11111!!!11

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• 3 weeks later...
nice findings and when did Kiara join the tip.it team?

I started posting on the forums here in September 2004, became a website crewbie in March 2005, and took over as Crew Leader in September 2005. Sometime after that, I also took on an Administrator role, in addition to being website Crew Leader.

I just recently retired to attend to some real life business, but I may be back sometime in the fall of this year.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Very nice!

I loved them!

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012