See, this is why 61% of the British Muslims want Sharia law

Faux

Adultery is not akin to murder...

Alright, let me repeat myself. It's how we were raised to believe. We were raised to believe that relationships outside a marriage is ok. To them it's not. You see the diffrence? Marriage is obviously something more sacred over there than it is over here.

Achiellus, we're debating the Sharia Law here. Not what you think of me. Either stay on topic, and pull that head out of your rear or just shut up.

Proud founder of the Myriad

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think a Sharia law would be silly. This is my own opinion, and I'm not going to force it upon anyone. I mean, if your wife or girlfriend is seeing someone outside of your relationship then you should divorce them. yes they shouldn't be doing that, but I agree and most likely many people I know would agree that whipping is getting OTT.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

She got beaten by her brother for being:

- lured by some bloke who blackmailed her

- raped

- having been sentenced for being blackmailed

This isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t normal, normal families would be concerned and would try to comfort the girl, who has obviously gone thru a whole lot.

And you are right, she didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get punished for being raped, she got punished for INTERACTING (as in: sitting in the same car) with a male. 90 lashes for sitting in a car with an unknown maleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

She wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t cheating or anything, she didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do a thing wrong, she was so scared of the idea that some bloke could actually go up to her parents and tell lies about her breaking the wedlock that she went with him and got raped.

By the way, you can interact with people from the opposite gender without cheating or having sexual intercourse, I think it would be a good idea to tell the judges thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Personally, I think a Sharia law would be silly. This is my own opinion, and I'm not going to force it upon anyone. I mean, if your wife or girlfriend is seeing someone outside of your relationship then you should divorce them. yes they shouldn't be doing that, but I agree and most likely many people I know would agree that whipping is getting OTT.

Yet again, you were raised to NOT hit women.

Punc:

She was blackmailed. As in she actually had relations with the man.

I don't agree with what her family did to her myself. But that's how I was raised.

I was also raised not to hit anyone else, as well as women. I know that western society is still sexist towards men and that women are seen as 'weaker' at times; but still this brings me on to the whole 'violence is not the way to go' argument. I would have a similar opinion if it was the other way round.

EDIT: My argument stands similar in that respect aswell about blackmailing. Surely there is some way she could get some protection if she was blackmailed? I mean, she could have gone to a freind or family member and asked for some help. Even in Muslim states there is got to be some way of getting protection. From my view; it looks like someone just tried to take advantage of the women in question, and she fell into a trap.

And Achilleus, try to add USEFUL stuff to the topic. And you are wrong for starters. I like Grim fyi :)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I was also raised not to hit anyone else, as well as women. I know that western society is still sexist towards men and that women are seen as 'weaker' at times; but still this brings me on to the whole 'violence is not the way to go' argument. I would have a similar opinion if it was the other way round.

And Achilleus, try to add USEFUL stuff to the topic.

Dracion. It's how you were raised. You were raised diffrently. If you're going to at least knock their culture, live in it. See how you'd feel afterwards.

Dracion. It's how you were raised. You were raised diffrently. If you're going to at least knock their culture, live in it. See how you'd feel afterwards.

thats the problem, its THERE culture. Not the culture in the UK.

Oh.. you know.. actually giving things a try before knocking them, perhaps?
common sense

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãânoun

sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like; normal native intelligence.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search? ... se&x=0&y=0

how can we blame the law for what a few extremist did? in fact its extremly hard to find somone guilty in islam you need people as witness and its a gulity or not guilty, and why the harshness? because its so rare and when the deliver the punishment thet do it publicly why? so people won't do the crime. if you look at saudi arabia where they have these punishments you can see that the crime there is really low compared to new york and they have about the same population.

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5

I understand what you mean, but you didn't read my post fully. I've covered various aspects of Islam culture and suchlike in Religious studies and PSE. I know I wouldn't get the full experience until I lived in that country, but then again I have explained it is my point of view, which I am entitled to. It just seems odd that there was nothing else the women in question could do to avoid the consequences of what happened. And also, I would believe it would be for the Islamic proportion only. I would be hard pressed to find someone a women who would even think about implementing this law in the UK.

draciontheman.png

thats the problem, its THERE culture. Not the culture in the UK.

I'm assuming the Sharia Law in the UK would only affect the Islamic portion of the country?

It if were legal it could be used against non muslims... in theory. I personally would be disgusted that such violations of human rights would be allowed to be done on British soil

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

+1

No offence to muslims but they come over here expecting mosques to be built, we have to respect there religon and if we say something out of line they go mad. ( This only really applies to muslim immgrants..most british muslims are fine)

But if we go other to their...i doubt they are gonna build us churches or equal our christian faith to their muslim faith.

But if we go other to their...i doubt they are gonna build us churches or equal our christian faith to their muslim faith.
You can be sentenced to death for converting to Christianity :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Grim, you've no idea how much respect i've lost for you in this thread. You're blindly defending an archaic belief system and set of causes based on no principle other than that it somebody's elses law and therefore we must respect it because we haven't experienced it.

Clearly, Sharia law is a blatant and rather disgusting violation of human rights. Regardless of it's basis or implementation or history, we should condemn it because most of us live in a society that treats women equally, and respects people's liberty and religious freedom and all those other important human rights. Don't even try and tell me that Sharia law treats women equally for the most part because it just doesn't.

It's a law based on a religion that was founded thousands of years ago and the laws haven't changed much, despite the changing moral zeitgeist being advanced so much further. It's laws like the Sharia law which are holding back the advancement of human rights, liberty and equality.

You really should read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I can knock it, because I have common sense. You don't have to be stoned or raped or w/e to know it's bad :?

What?

You're being stoned because you've done something they find extremely serious.

To them, marriage is very important, if you've noticed. They punish people their way, you punish your people your way.

I'm sure you'd be mad if they criticized the way you handled criminals.

I think you need to read what you just wrote. You are being stoned for something they beleive is extremley serious. When in actual fact she was raped and beaten the hell out of. How dare I critisize their law because wait for it, it's their law? Thats plain crazy.

How can you expect human progression if you don't question anything? Why do you even part-take in debates if you think we can't question things? I'm sick of this attitude that questioning peoples opinion is 'offensive' when really it's doing them a favour. If someone whips the hell out of another person then they deserve to have their actions questioned regardless of the law. What about Nazi Germany? Killing Jews, would you argue that we shouldn't have gone to war because it's their law? Of course not.

I understand the view that if we live in a state we should accept it's laws. However I do not agree with the principle that those laws should go unquestioned. Socartes was put to death for his differing opinions and when given the choice to escape death or not he said no because he had accepted the laws of the state. That doesn't in any sense mean they should go unquestioned and that we should accept law because it's law. Especially barbaric laws like this.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Saudi Arabia (along with some other Muslim countries) will sentence to the death penalty anyone who's homosexual.

Even the UAE does this, which is surprising to me, considering how much they want to be the Western World of the Middle East.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Saudi Arabia (along with some other Muslim countries) will sentence to the death penalty anyone who's homosexual.

Even the UAE does this, which is surprising to me, considering how much they want to be the Western World of the Middle East.

And they have no qualms about sentencing 14 and 15 year olds to death for homosexuality too.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

You're blindly defending an archaic belief system and set of causes based on no principle other than that it somebody's elses law and therefore we must respect it because we haven't experienced it.

I quite agree, the entire "you have no experienced it, therefore you cannot judge it" is deeply flawed. Judges and juries in this country have rarely experienced the actions of the Plaintiff - therefore the entire UK judicial systems is flawed?

To use an extreme example - I have never strung a child up in a tree and beaten it with baseball bat - does this mean I cannot judge this to be wrong?

i think alot of you on this are generalising the muslim people.

they do not all follow such barbaric laws and i would say that a higher percentage are against these laws but frightened to speak out.

Those that follow the quaran (dunno actual spelling) properly realise that islam is a peaceful religion and suicide bombers, the example in this article etc. simple misinterpret the quaran and use it as an excuse for such barbaric acts.

I know a few muslims that are just as civilised as you and I and the general population is hopwever the fact is you don't hear stories of them acting normal.

Also the press dont write as much abouot mass rapes etc. when they are not to do with religion but they need someone/something to blame so at the moment islam is the scapegoat to may world problems.

On the other hand of things, the government not just saying how awful things like the example of the Sharia law is political correctness gone mad but i dont think the muslims over here want the law for that reason. I personally think that Sharia law shouldnt be in place over here but everyone has their own view.

sorry if my post is too long or talking out of my you know what.

iteme3721.jpg

they do not all follow such barbaric laws and i would say that a higher percentage are against these laws but frightened to speak out.

Those that follow the quaran (dunno actual spelling) properly realise that islam is a peaceful religion and suicide bombers, the example in this article etc. simple misinterpret the quaran and use it as an excuse for such barbaric acts.

I know a few muslims that are just as civilised as you and I and the general population is hopwever the fact is you don't hear stories of them acting normal.

Also the press dont write as much abouot mass rapes etc. when they are not to do with religion but they need someone/something to blame so at the moment islam is the scapegoat to may world problems.

On the other hand of things, the government not just saying how awful things like the example of the Sharia law is political correctness gone mad but i dont think the muslims over here want the law for that reason. I personally think that Sharia law shouldnt be in place over here but everyone has their own view.

It's the fault of the government and specific people, we're not generalizing. I've talked to a few woman from Saudi Arabia, and they say they're treated fine, which is shocking however. :shock:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

It's the fault of the government and specif people, we're not generalizing. I've talked to a few woman from Saudi Arabia, and they say they're treated fine, which is shocking however. :shock:

I suppose so however the title of "See, this is why 61% of the British Muslims want Sharia law" is kind of generalising that the article is the reason that british muslims want the sharia law however most of the ones that want it just want to follow their religion.

iteme3721.jpg

It's the fault of the government and specif people, we're not generalizing. I've talked to a few woman from Saudi Arabia, and they say they're treated fine, which is shocking however. :shock:

They got secret police don't they? They might be forced to say that.