Debate on which is the harder 99 skill

Phyrexial

Slayer hardest without a question, 60k xp is an average day for me, 120k is insane for me... ungodly slow to level. Farming, little effort, somethign to do in between slayer or when bored.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still think slayer is harder <.<

forget the exp reason, what if you are poorly equipped and are doing slayer?

-----

on a side not: i'm still averaging at 43305 exp per hour at granite. the lowest i've had it go per hour is 39760 exp per hour but that was due to a long pming arguement

Asellus Girl

konatabe2.jpg

-------------

99 miner

Starting on a level 3 from tutorial island going to get 99 slayer would be a lot easier than getting the money for farming then planting the seeds\trees.

But from a main it would be easy so I say slayer.

Quit RuneScape :)

Mining = 45k xp per hour(?) powermining granite, not sure, don't mine

More like 30k exp an hour ~ power mining granite.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you; I can get 40-44k/hour powermining iron, even with the occasional random.

Also, I believe Wakka said he got ~51k xp/hour training agility (correct me if I'm wrong). I've always heard that slayer xp is 25-30k under ideal conditions, and it was mentioned before in the thread that farming is about 95k for the hour you actually work on it.

What's the best way to tell which is hardest? There's always the debate of money vs. time; if it wasn't past midnight, I'd do the calculations.

Here's my personal choice: do both. Slayer will give you the money you need, and a good amount of herb seeds; I think that'd work best.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Slayer is the more harder skill, but it is fun to level up :) especially if you are a low level seeking combat levels on the way..

:twisted: YoUr UnDeR ArReSt AnYtHiNg YoU SaY WiLl Be MiSqUoTeD AnD UsEd AgAiNsT YoU :twisted:

Pawan.png

chain farming would cost massive amount of law runes.

slayer would cost numerous months of training\ killing, + burthroping all those pesky assignments.

imo, slayers alot harder, you can easily buy your way to kill time while farming, slayer requires the amount of exp from the different species of monsters, theres cannoning though.

My view is that each skill is as hard as another if you dont use money. Anyone with a 99 combat who made thier runes/runes will say it was hard. Slayer is hard as you cant buy your way their. Hunter is hard as it requires constant awareness. Construction is easier as it can be bought. It is hard for different people. I find farming incredibly boring and hard, while woodcutting and crafting are fun and easy. Whatever floats or sinks your boat i guess.

I Quit. You should too.

slayer is so hard.. its training by monster which you dont wanna kill.. and it only gives 1 xp per dmg!

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

so it basically boils down to low levels without much money find slayer easier and high levels with money find farming easier

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

Of the two stated, Slayer is harder. You need to be training Slayer 100% of the time, where you can run off doing other stuff while Farming. What skill do I think is hardest? Thieving. But that's only because it's the only skill I've raised past 70 so far, so I may be a little biased.

paintshopwolfsignaturers1.jpg

"And if Strength is born from Heartbreak, then mountains I could move..."

GMT-5:00

You shouldn't have said debate between which skill, because that could mean any skill ;)

but slayer because you could plant the seeds then do a slayer assignement while they're growing

sigfrompokerod4.jpg

Thanks for the sig poker! :P

Slayer. Farming is easy but takes long.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

Slayer is the hardest 99 to get followed by runecrafting. Farming can't be compared because it costs money not time.
Sorry but I have to disagree. I think agility, mining, fishing, and RC are all harder than slayer.

how, may i ask, is fishing hard?

the new lvl 3 member skiller.....if u c me, im not a macro

For me the list is this:

1. Agility (Can't stand running same circles millions of times..)

2. Runecrafting (About the same, so boring and takes so long)

3. Herblore ( I jus't don't know how to level this?!)

4. Slayer (I love this skill, but still this is very hard to get 99)

5. Farming (SO Boring......)

u5zhkTY.gif

Herblore ( I jus't don't know how to level this?!)
Many people seem to enjoy getting farming to help lvl herblore. Buy irit, kwuarm and cad seeds, make super sets and sell them. Profit unless you got ripped off the price of the seeds.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Got to seperate buyable and non-buyable skills. For the buyable ones the time it takes varies according to the person's income (and for the love of god, the time it takes to gather the materials is part of getting the skill to 99). For some people a buyable skill will be harder if they income sucks, because it will simply be faster to get a non-buyable skill to 99

The high-scores give you an idea of which skills are harder by seeing how many people achieved 99 (less people = harder skill) however this can't be the only thing to determine. First of all, it's a popularity measure. It shows which skillcapes are the rarest and which are the most common, which is similar but not the same as harder and easier. Second of all, skills were released at different times. So even if a skill might catch up, it still makes a difference. That being said the high-scores can give a nice clue.

Non-buyable

Slayer: the exp rates are very, very harsh making this a long skill to lvl up. However I don't have a ton of experience with slayer so I could be wrong. The hi-scores do also point in favor of that, about 150 people have achieved 99 slayer. That's very small compared to 10k people (fletching)

buyable

Construction: my personal bias set aside, it requires a hell of a lot of cash. More than ANY other skill because there is no return. This is an important factor for buyable skills. Cooking is easier than firemaking because cooking has a return and firemaking doesnt for example. The highscores are also pointing in favor of this. Construction is (and i'm proud to say this <3: ) the rarest skillcape, the only one with less than 100 people. It took me 85 mill to get it the slower way, tripsis did it the faster way with 120 mill. Those are way above any other buyable skills (smithing comes close, 100 mill but then a return of 40 mill which gives 60 mill for the fastest method). On top of that, it does take time to lvl up construction, more than you would think (because the bank is not right next door).

Skills which come close and some argue are harder but to which I dissagree

Agility - It's simple to lvl up and does not require a lot of equipment. Slayer does and thus slayer beat it. It does however get very old, very fast when lvling.

Runecrafting - tough, this skill comes extremely close to slayer. It has harsh exp rates and power methods require lots and lots of cash. However, I have a harder time lvling up slayer rather than runecrafting. I don't think it's as hard, but I understand people who argue that it is. I guess the edge that makes slayer harder is the fact that you can only raise slayer by doing tasks but for runecrafting you can decide to make cash by rcing and have the pleasant surprise of lvling up.

Herblore - the only thing hard about herblore is getting the materials, which is a one time thing. If you have it banked the exp rates can be quite easy.

Farming - Agreed that it's on the upper end, but the reason I dissagree for this one is that there is less effort needed. Slayer and Runecrafting require a ton of patience as well and more effort.

Prayer - Using bones? possibly. Using ecto? Probably not. Using gilded alter? Absolutely not. The exp rates now are very generous, leaves only the cost as a possible argument for prayer being hard. And at that point it is largely beaten by Construction which costs a hell of a lot more

edit: I replied to the question, which is the hardest skill of all skills? But I guess that's ok

edit: and I forgot to mention how it's hard to compare slayer to farming because one is buyable the other one isn't.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )