Guide on How to kill the Kalphite Queen

wbancrw

Introduction

Hi, My Runescape name is Wbancrw, i have been playing for about 8 months, i have been going to the kalphite queen since 05/02/2007, i have been very lucky with my drops to be honest. This is going to be a guide on how to kill the level 333 kalphite queen which is located in the kharidian desert. Below is a picture of the two forms of the queen, thanks to tip.it for the picture.

Kalphite_queen.gif

Requirements

You don't really need any requirements but these stats may help you. A Runescape membership is needed. You will also need around 6,000,000gp to buy the Full Veracs armour, food and Pots etc.

Attack:70

Strength:70

Defense:70

Prayer:50+

Hitpoints: At least 70 or more

Range:Not needed

Magic:not needed

What to bring

Your inventory should look like the picture below.

Inventorykq.jpg

Prayer Potions (4) is needed.

Super set (3) or (4)

D mace to hit the queen on her 1st form. (can be swapped for a dds)

Many shantay passes if you are going to be doing many trips. (can be bought from the shantay person)

Rope, to get through the tunnels, if your going on your own you will need 2 ropes.

Camelot teleport runes, can be changed with tele tabs, or ecto fungus ect.

Fill the rest of your inventory with Sharks.

What to wear

You should be wearing these items in the picture below.

Weaponsarmorkq.jpg

Obviously you will need the full veracs to hit through the Queen's pray.

Obby cape is not required but i recommend it because it gives quite a good defence bonus. Legends or skill cape can also be worn.

You may use any amulet,i recommend glory or better.

You may use any gloves, wear the best you can use.

I recommend rune boots because they give you +2 strength bonus and they give you some defense bonus too.

You Will need a ring of wealth, makes the chance of getting a rare drop higher.

How to get there

To get to the lair you will first need to reach the shantay pass which is situated south of Al Kharid. In the picture below there are some ways on how to reach the shantay pass and how to get to the queen's lair.

KqPath.jpg

For the Green path you will need a charged glory amulet and teleport to Al Kharid. Follow the path out of the palace and south towards the Shantay.

For the Yellow path you will need a dueling ring and teleport to the duel arena,walk through the gate and head south until you reach the shantay pass.

The red path is the path towards to the lair, you MUST run when you go through the shantay pass because you will start to die from the heat of the desert.

When you reach the tunnel one person needs to use a rope on the tunnel then enter and you will be safe from the desert sun. Below is a picture on where to go when you enter the lair, Thanks to tip.it for the pictures.

Kalphitelair.jpg

You must follow the yellow path around the lair until you reach 2 level 141 kalphite guardians, ignore them and use a rope with the tunnel and head down, the queen usually spawns west of the second level.

How to kill her

When you reach the second level of the lair, drink 1 dose of each super potion and put your protect from magic on, you can also use protect item, in case you die. When you get the queen in sight switch to your Dragon mace/dds have your partner stand one side of the queen and you the other, this makes you survive for longer. Heres an example of how to stand in the picture below.

Wheretostandkq.jpg

Attack her with your Dragon mace/dds special attack then move back to your Veracs flail keep hitting her until she dies. You should pray as follows if you want to survive.

Prayvkq.jpg

Note: The queen still hits 31 Max with protect from magic on, so watch your health and eat a shark once in a while, if your prayer is getting low drink a dose of your prayer pot, and keep hitting her until she has died, to get the drop you will need to hit the most on the 2nd form to get the kill. When shes dead Pick the drop up and teleport out.

The Rewards

Most of the time you may get nature runes or mithril arrows etc, but if your lucky (like me) you may get a shiny red Dragon chain body which is worth around 16 million gp. You could also get a dragon 2 hander from her.

My best drops so far, i've had a Dragon chain body once (on my first kill ever) and i've had a dragon 2 hander, if you kill her a few times your sure of getting at least one of the dragon drops.

Good luck on your kq'ing and i hope my Guide helped you in killing the almighty kalphite queen.

Thanks for reading my first guide, if you think anything could be added or if something is wrong, reply here and ill get right to it. Please rate it on how easy it is to follow etc.

Wbancrw.gif

I will add more pictures of the queen tomorrow, i'm going to bed now :)

was it me that made you add the kq piccs at the top? :XD: i bet i did! :XD:

lol, you did actually, i cant believe i forgot to add a pic of her to be honest. :oops:

Wbancrw.gif

lmao i didnt notice that pic of prayers, btw might use accuracy pray on first form for quicker kill?
You could do that, but then you'll need an extra prayer pot.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

lmao i didnt notice that pic of prayers, btw might use accuracy pray on first form for quicker kill?

You gave me the idea =0, and no you wont need accuracy prayer on first form, 2nd is harder to be honest.

Wbancrw.gif