How does my friend transfer me..

Deltaer

So I've been away for 4 years and I just found out there was a cap on how much my friend can trade me.. I gave her everything I owned before I quit, and she's going to give me some of it back (I'm lucky cause I know her in real life).. it's in millions of gp though.

So if she can't trade me all that and give it to me, and apparently you can't drop trade anymore, what is another method of her transferring me millions of gp?

Can I still pk her with it (although not even sure how the wild works now since the introduction of pvp worlds.. can you still pk in the wild?) Or is there another less-risky way? I would imagine not, as Jagex seems to have plugged all the holes when it comes to cheating..

Edit: oh and furthermore, I don't know how good Jagex is at enforcing this, but assuming I were to pull off a stunt like this, what are the chances that they'd assume I was cheating somehow and ban my account? I mean, I don't think I'd be breaking the rules, as my friend was holding this stuff for me.. and it's not like I'm using real life money to buy it off her or anything.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Sadly, there is no way to do it, unless you spend hours trading coins. With max trade limit you can only give 600k in 2 hours 30 minutes.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Doing this is strictly speaking against the rules anyway.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

What about PKing her? Or have they found a way to patch this up as well?

Can I take her to a secluded spot in the wild or a pvp (thats what you call it right?) world and then kill her while she is holding those items?

gorgoroth, I'm not breaking any rule am I? All I'm doing is recovering some of the stuff she's held for me for years. I'm not real world trading or anything...

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

What about PKing her? Or have they found a way to patch this up as well?

Can I take her to a secluded spot in the wild or a pvp (thats what you call it right?) world and then kill her while she is holding those items?

gorgoroth, I'm not breaking any rule am I? All I'm doing is recovering some of the stuff she's held for me for years. I'm not real world trading or anything...

Well, Jagex might see it as RWT but if you're willing to take the risk then your only option is by trading. PvP has been patched up. RS is almost RWT-proof now.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Well, if I were to get banned somehow, I would appeal it obviously. My account has been inactive for the past four years, and I would hope Jagex would have some kind of log or something (unlikely) of my past actions, including giving everything I pretty much owned to my friend.

I don't understand how they patched up PvP or the wild to prevent this? If my friend carries all her items, attacks me, gets skulled, isn't she going to lose them if she dies? Please clarify.

Well, if I were to get banned somehow, I would appeal it obviously. My account has been inactive for the past four years, and I would hope Jagex would have some kind of log or something (unlikely) of my past actions, including giving everything I pretty much owned to my friend.

I don't understand how they patched up PvP or the wild to prevent this? If my friend carries all her items, attacks me, gets skulled, isn't she going to lose them if she dies? Please clarify.

yes she will loose all the items. but you wont get them as a drop. in the new bounty worlds you would get a drop somewhat equal to the items she was carrying, but not the exact items

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

yes she will loose all the items. but you wont get them as a drop. in the new bounty worlds you would get a drop somewhat equal to the items she was carrying, but not the exact items

An item equal to what she was carrying? You mean the same price in the grand exchange? So if she were to drop a veracs set, would the drop be something of equal value (of the whole set - about 2.5M)?

When you kill someone, what they drop is generated from a large drop table. You can increase your chances of getting good rewards by gaining 'drop potential' by standing arround in a PvP world (hotspots give you faster DP) while risking in items. See tip.it's PvP world and bounty hunter world guides for more information.

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=bounty_worlds.htm

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=pvp_worlds.htm

quit

I haven't done this myself but i believe there is a way for you to transfer money through the grand exchange. Use some useless item that no one buys, and have your friend buy a ton of it at max price, and then put it back on for min price, and then you buy it at min, and the re-sell on ge for max price. not really sure if that would work, but yea

goro_fujita.png

When you kill someone, what they drop is generated from a large drop table. You can increase your chances of getting good rewards by gaining 'drop potential' by standing arround in a PvP world (hotspots give you faster DP) while risking in items. See tip.it's PvP world and bounty hunter world guides for more information.

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=bounty_worlds.htm

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=pvp_worlds.htm

Hey fellow Albertan. Thanks for the guides.

So there's really no point in even attempting it then..

I really don't wanna be on RS all day trading every 15 minutes, so it looks like I'll just let this go. Good job to Jagex for fixing all the cheating holes.

Off subject Q: Are the PvP and Bounty worlds popular? On P2p? F2p? Or has it resulted in no pking? Is it even worth it to pk anymore (as you are given random drops)? Or is it still possible to make money PKing?

You could have your friend buy an expensive piece of equipment with the money and lend it to you for free whenever you want it. Or if you accumulate any unsellable junk like maple longbows (u) or willow logs, you can use the junk to balance the trade.

The only way within the rules are:

1) She sells it all and trades you the gold bit by bit over the course of a month or 2

2) You accumulate junk items such as unstrung bows up to the value of ur stuff and directly trade

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Okay, say she were to give me a verac's set - how many unstrung bows do you think I'd need to make a trade for that?

Make maple longs (u) and sell them to her every 15 minutes. Have her give you the max trade limit that she can, and have her buy all the bows that you get made in 15 minutes. It will make it go by so much faster than just doing the trade limit every 15 minutes without bows.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Go to the jagex site and go to the ge page and search to see what their ge value is.

Then find the value if verac set via ge.

To do the transfer they need to be roughly equal

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Okay, say she were to give me a verac's set - how many unstrung bows do you think I'd need to make a trade for that?

18,055, give or take a few hundred probably.

(144 x 18,055= roughly 2.6m) ;)

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I would tell your freind to let you kill them in a bounty world. Get your freind as a target and then kill them, keep in mind you must be risking 75k, and they must lose at least 25k.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Whats your stats?

You have 2 options.

Loads of little trades of up 60k if you both have done all the quests.

Second mass junk and use it for the trade. Theres not many easy ways of gaining junk and all will take longer then if you was to earn the gp.

So your pretty much stuff so to speak.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Earmuffs from the slayer master are cheaper than trade value. (not against the rules, buy earmuffs from the store, then have freind buy from you, standing right beside you)

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

I would tell your freind to let you kill them in a bounty world. Get your freind as a target and then kill them, keep in mind you must be risking 75k, and they must lose at least 25k.

If I were to do that with a verac's set, would that not be way too risky? I've heard that the drops are really bad, so for all I know, she could end up dying and dropping rune? I don't think I want to take that risk.

Okay, so I really don't think chopping up 18k willow/maple logs will suit me.. are you guys kidding?! lol I could do something as silly as fishing for lobbies, make more money, do it faster, and let my friend keep the veracs... which would be much more profitable for both my friend and myself!

Is there another PRACTICAL way to do it I guess is my question... lol I'm going to assume that the answer is no, cause it seems like Jagex has finally put their foot down on all the cheating.. at the expense of honest people like me. -_- lol

Can someone please comment on the Bounty worlds and pvp worlds (even if you are too new to RS to have known how the old wild was like)? Have they destroyed PKing? Do people still PK? Can you still make money PKing (Im going to guess that you can on members but not on f2p??)

Can someone please comment on the Bounty worlds and pvp worlds (even if you are too new to RS to have known how the old wild was like)? Have they destroyed PKing? Do people still PK? Can you still make money PKing (Im going to guess that you can on members but not on f2p??)

Its pretty much a whole new system.

Player A risks x amount

Player B risks y amount

Player B kills Player A and has a chance of getting 1 or more items from Player A. This is a chance and the drop(s) could be any of the items on the player drop list.

Both Players must risk z amount based on the world type.

You can still make money.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Is there another PRACTICAL way to do it I guess is my question... lol I'm going to assume that the answer is no, cause it seems like Jagex has finally put their foot down on all the cheating.. at the expense of honest people like me. -_- lol

There isn't really a practical way. However, as you play the game you will accumulate junk anyway so after a month or so just sell your friend all of this junk, this is unlikely to be equal to the value of a verac's set but will at least help a little.

Pking is still happening, if you go to a pvp or bh world then you will still find people pking (more than before they removed old-style pking since there are less worlds to do it in). You can make money both on f2p and p2p, just remember that killing someone with great gear on will not result in a great drop for you.

Welcome back to rs, I hope you enjoy some of the changes they've made since you left :)

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Everything you are asking is against the rules. There is no way to legally transfer anything to another character. For the safety of your account i would strongly advise not to even attempt.

There is nothing you can do, there is no leniancy towards it from what I have seen.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]