Mechscape Concept Art?

Fudgy999

From Jagex's Official Twitter Page:

Concept art from our new MMO has been released today to mechscapeworld.com. The site is friendly and the pic is official :-)

[hide=]gallery_129_5_7512.jpg[/hide]

The Twitter page is Offical and was announced by Jagex on the Official forums:Jagextwitter.png

Quick find code: 14-15-72-58211248

Could this mean Jagex might be interested in making an unofficial official fansite?

Whatpulse!

213358.png

Everyone migrate so we don't miss our "party hats" this time!

Gogogo!

/sarcasm

Oh yeah.

1. I can't wait to get my mech on either.

2. Seems legit. You stated that it's Jagex's page, so there's a 76% that the concept art will show up as the real thing. :thumbup:

("Pink, you're full of bull.")

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Wait, I thought this released like 6 months ago....

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Everyone migrate so we don't miss our "party hats" this time!

Gogogo!

/sarcasm

I don't think they'll make the same mistake they did with RS. That's why they're separating these as far as they can as possible.

I'm kinda hoping this will be P2P only.

Hopefully Jagex will continue in the spirit of allowing everyone to enjoy their games and offer f2p!

Edit: What would it profit or benefit you it it was only p2p. Is having it f2p also gonna affect your p2p experience in one bit what so ever? If so, please back away slowly from the computer. Walk outside and breathe deeply.

in4F.gif

Concept art looks down right boring.

Also no matter what Jagex does it's always going to have to know that it cultivated the worst possible MMORPG community ever. No matter how good of a game they could make it's always going to have the same problem.

Of course I don't really expect Jagex to know much in making an MMO anyways. At least the kids will like it.

Also no matter what Jagex does it's always going to have to know that it cultivated the worst possible MMORPG community ever. No matter how good of a game they could make it's always going to have the same problem.

Of course I don't really expect Jagex to know much in making an MMO anyways. At least the kids will like it.

Well for many people, like me, Runescape began their MMO careers. I also found that that people who started with RS were generally better than people who jumped straight into WoW.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Well for many people, like me, Runescape began their MMO careers. I also found that that people who started with RS were generally better than people who jumped straight into WoW.

But not on the level of people who started with Ultima Online. ;)

Quoting from a post in a thread I found on Ren's site.

According to this article about GameHorizon, Iddison specifically ruled out micro-payment for RuneScape, ruled it as a possibility for NextNextScape and it says that NextScape (MechScape) will probably have a similar payment model to RuneScape (as in it will have F2P and P2P but not micro-payments). If he were planning it for MechScape he probably would have said so, instead of putting it as a possibility for the future. In regards to NextNextScape (the "third MMO") I don't think they have a genre for it, I think they are hoping for the incoming head to try and figure out what the most appropriate genre and payment model would be (and the feasibility of a multi-platform title). I know one of the former concept artists from Jagex were pushing for a wintery MMORPG, but NextNextScape might not even be an MMORPG (it might just be an MMO).

In your face elitist haters.

Edit: The only reason I even post like this is, I can see absolutey no reason why people playing on a completely different server than you seems to bother you so much. Honestly, how does having a f2p community grieve you so much. I play p2p when I can. I can't always though. I wish I could. Had it not been for f2p I would probably not be playing RuneScape at all right now though. I don't play online games I can't at least test drive first without having to pay for them. I am doing good to pay for the one game I do love playing.

It is people like this that make me despise the p2p community as much as the ones I despise in the f2p community.

Double Edit: It is also nice for those of us who can't always pay to play to at least be able to do something. Train something. Because you know the f2p is not gonna have all the benefits or goodies the p2p will. But at least you can still get training or whatever in, and that is nice. I applaud Jagex for not falling to the way of the greedy money hungry corporate types who want let you have anything unless you can pay. I know Jagex is in it to make money. But they really do show a concern for the gaming community even if you don't agree with every thing they do.

I know I don't agree with everything they do.

in4F.gif

In your face elitist haters.

How can someone be elitist about Runescape? :lol: That being said a P2P model would just mean you would weed out the kids who can't beg their mothers to let them use their credit card, and instead you'd get the kids who did manage to do so. Oh and I guess those people who actually wanted to pay for the game themselves.

There is nothing Jagex can do to escape their current fanbase. At least in the case of some F2P/P2P MMORPGS, such as Anarchy Online, it is complicated enough that the annoying players mostly leave due to frustration.

I just want another casual browser game tbh. I can never get into WoW / etc. because it takes too much of your life. I mean RS was bad enough personally lol.

Edit: What would it profit or benefit you it it was only p2p. Is having it f2p also gonna affect your p2p experience in one bit what so ever? If so, please back away slowly from the computer. Walk outside and breathe deeply.

Just for that ending comment, I'm not giving you the satisfaction of reading my answer.

[joke]

I'd prefer it because it means the rules will be more enforced. You cheat / break a rule /etc. you get banned, you lose money. Moms get pissed off, little kids can't play anymore. It lowers the chances of the "MS" community becoming as crappy as RS became. No offense to people who still play the stupid game.

I can never get into WoW / etc. because it takes too much of your life. I mean RS was bad enough personally lol.

WoW is about as casual as it comes...

usually people who casually play wow are also the people who never make it past level 5. Seriously.

But not on the level of people who started with Ultima Online. ;)

lol so true. if people had a hard learning experience starting up on RS, I'd hate to see the same person starting in UO